Welcome To aBlackWeb

Marvel did a special screening for people based in Afghanistan. They even handed us coins as we left the theater

I think the Monday after release just place spoilers in the title..... If you ain't see it opening weekend, you can't complain about spoilers
@Duwop trying to slip in words like "mediocre" and "not up to par" when the general consensus seems to be that it's a solid movie.

It was mediocre at best.

I think I said earlier kick -ass was better......

Kick ass was way better

I think the Monday after release just place spoilers in the title..... If you ain't see it opening weekend, you can't complain about spoilers

It was mediocre at best.

I think I said earlier kick -ass was better......

Kick ass was way better
i'll indulge

how was kick ass better than this movie

what are the metrics you are using for comparison

Can you really get spoiled by a comic book movie tho? I know they be changing shit and dont be 100% faithful to the source material but the characters been fleshed out for like 30/40 yrs...
gavin

And we all know the fun is in the execution with these movies

Example of powerful posting.

I just came from seeing it. Kick ass was funnier. The climax was well built. The action sequences were more impressive.

I went in expecting this movie to win me over with personality. Which it did pretty well .I think it was meant to be more of a character piece. It was supposed to be charming.

The blacks and green people definitely helped. Sam Jackson is amazing. And her black best friend was so bae. Especially the daughter. And the stranded green people being reunited with green dad.... That shit was touching.

But the cap herself. I don't think she was as charming. She was cool m she wasnt dislikable.... But she reminds me A LOT of Supergirl.

It's her supporting actors that compliment her energy.

By herself... She is just okay. A bit bland. Not bad, but just cool.

She was maybe the 4th coolest person in her movie.

Which I said was supposed to be a character piece. Where as kick ass imo I was much better in that regard
And much more charming.

Also better action and doper climax.

So I think kick ass is a much better movie.

As a mcu flick....it's like right below the ant man's....but better than the gotg...

Sam Jackson
Black bestie
Black bestie daughter
Green dad
Carol

She's the 5th most likable person in her movie.

But they were all likable people to be fair

Kick-Ass is funnier than every comic book movie not named Deadpool. Shit you can make a legit case DP is just the adult male version of it.

Ofc the action was better, it was Rated R. It could be more graphic. That's like comparing the martial arts in 3 Ninjas to The Raid.
he asked, i answered

fact is captain marvel relied heavily on the likability of the lead character. and she wasn't as compelling of a character imo as they aimed for.

she was cool, but overshadowed by her supporting cast......

Iron man is the most interesting person in iron man movies
thor is the most interesting person in thor movies
aquaman is the most interesting in aquaman movie
wonder is the most interesting in wonder woman

then you have movies where the villain is more interesting, Black panther, man of steel, captain america, shit happens......some heroes are just more interesting than others..

fact is carol was like the 5th coolest person in her movie.....

i think it's a legit critique, but as with everything i say, yall gonna do the most to discredit it.....

smh

@Duwop to be fair I also think Kick-ass was a better movie than Captain Marvel...

Captain marvel overall was a very mediocre movie and im willing to bet it will be forgotten in a month or so.....just like the Justice League movie and every other DC movie that came out in the last 5 years :hahaha:

Back