Welcome To aBlackWeb

I was more so addressing what Master P stated at what you gave a GOAT to.

As far as the point you typed I can some what understand but still refute your gripe. The reason Killmonger resonated with so many American black people is because his character seriously pointed out our experience. His gripe also made T'Challa reassess his way of thinking and realize he should help others that look like him who are struggling. The screen play for the movie didn't come off as pandering because it dealt with real life stuff and was written by real life African Americans.

The comics even touched on real life African American issues more once African American people like Christopher Priest, Reginald Hudlin, and Ta' Nahesi Coates started writing it. Black Panther spent a good bit of time in Harlem under Priest run writing it and Coates touched on all types of social issues since he has been writing. The character originally wasn't written by black people so that is why some of the things you talk about have a bit of validity but it definitely changed once black people got a hold of it.

The movie though touched on a myriad of issues including the one you seem to have your biggest issues with and that's the difference between African Americans and African black people.
that's a dope post and i'm well aware of everything you said.

still doesn't change the entire premise of this entire debate.

Embracing something and making it your own is what Black People did with BP, and that's cool.

Coates is from bmore, i remember when he became the writer of BP, it was a semi big deal. And i like how they made the characters fit into todays world.....

i never once said i disliked the movie at all....so again, people constantly miss my critique as hate....

I'm pointing out that BP was ALWAYS something GIVEN to us to appease the demand for more representation. The character's entire incarnation was fro inclusion, and so that there can at the least be one big black face in the sea of white comic book characters.

over the last decade or so, strides have been made to make BP a bigger character and bring him to the forefront, as seen by the recent changes in the characters direction, and including him in the already successful MCU... but again... this was a calculated and strategic effort....

When homie asked about them other movies.... the whole thing is different....there's a big difference between black movie makers looking to make a movie and gettign help from a big studio to get their art out there...

than an already big and established company, creating a black character and adding it to their already successful formula...

that's not a knock, it's calling it what it is..

P's take on it is that niggaz jumped on BP like we really did that, like that shit was really something that black people created and made to be great....

naw that shit was a white creation, and placed on their already established platform, just so we could have a hero too....

his point is if you really wanna celebrate black cinema and black story telling, support the smaller movies that are all black, and fighting to be seen on a screen the same energy.

and i agree

i didn't answer cuz i'm tired,

yall keep wanting responses from me yet reject everything i have to say, only to bring it back up whenever someone else says the same shit... it's exhausting,

i been lost interest on this topic... believe what yall wanna believe..

it's jsut funny yall keep acting like i'm the only one

That's bcuz you keep telling us what time it is, and I asked what's the weather.

You just dodging the question.

Your refusal to answer the question, while trying to play victim, is sad. You keep trying to talk about things that have nothing to do with the point you cosigned or the direct question put to you.

Answer the question honestly and quit playing the role of victim.
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!

you know what, imma keep my answers short, so we can get this shit over with, cuz yall niggaz is killing me...

ask very direct questions, and i'll do my best to give direct answers...

cuz i swear yall niggaz gotta be retarded or something if u don't get what i'm saying

That's bcuz you keep telling us what time it is, and I asked what's the weather.

You just dodging the question.
no nigga, you are literally asking me to respond to an interview with questions that were in the interview, and then when i answer you say that's not what he was talking about

when i try to tie the two responses together, i'm talking in circles....

like what question am i dodging, i really don't get it.....cuz i answered everything yall niggaz asked

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!

you know what, imma keep my answers short, so we can get this shit over with, cuz yall niggaz is killing me...

ask very direct questions, and i'll do my best to give direct answers...

cuz i swear yall niggaz gotta be retarded or something if u don't get what i'm saying

You've already been asked a very direct question multiple times. Don't play stupid man. That's damn near as bad as playing victim.

No. You don"t.

Master P wasn't talking bout what mindset a movie was birthed from or any other thing you wanna bring up.
bruh.......

i was asking your question on do i feel the same way about boyz n tha hood and menace 2 society, and that was MY REASON why i didn't....

of course that had nothing to do with P was asked, cuz he wasn't talking about them shits

You've already been asked a very direct question multiple times. Don't play stupid man. That's damn near as bad as playing victim.
and this isn't a question,. so you don't want answers clearly

i've literally answered everything proposed to me, yall just don't like my answers cuz they don't go along with what yall wanna hear, that's not playing victim, that's stating the situation as it is

and this isn't a question,. so you don't want answers clearly

I'm not about to play silly ass games because you're unwilling to answer a simple question. For reasons clear to everyone.

Play the role of unknowing victim instead.

Master P said Black Panther success didn't benefit black people/community cuz it wasn't OWNED by black folks. Despite the fact the majority of the cast and crew was black.

You C/S it.
yes i did. I understood the point he was making. Black people may have embraced Black panther, but they did not create him. to be that excitred about something black people didn't create bothered him especially when there were oth things thta they could apply the same energy to that they did create.

I asked do you feel the same about other black films, that had a majority black cast and crew, that wasn't owned by black folks.

It was that simple.
while this has nothing to fucking do with P's interview, no I personally do not feel the same way about many movies of the 90's that had studio backing, because i feel those were black stories written and told by black people who just needed a studio's help to break it into Hollywood.. i do not view them the same

is that better?

I'm not about to play silly ass games because you're unwilling to answer a simple question. For reasons clear to everyone.

Play the role of unknowing victim instead.
i'm playing silly ass games, but you have yet to ask the question. cuz i'm trying hard to find out where i'm dodging questions

Does P and @Duwop feel the same bout Menace, Boyz n Tha Hood, Friday etc.

Cuz there's no difference between them and BP. Black directors, writers, cast, that white movie companys are eating off of.
there is a difference, i disagree. i explained the difference, but since yall wanna hear the same shit over and over again...

the difference between BP and Menace, Boyz n Tha Hood, Friday etc.

BP=comic book character created to show color in marvel comics. movie made to add color and inclusion to the MCU

Menace, Boyz n Tha Hood, Friday etc. =movies written and brought to live by black film writers who worked with large studios to get their work on the big screen

i do not view them the same

Notice you left out the point.

I'm not talking bout the content of the movies, cuz P wasn't talking bout the content of the movies.

So I'll ask again,

Does P and @Duwop feel the same bout Menace, Boyz n Tha Hood, Friday etc.

Cuz there's no difference between them and BP. Black directors, writers, cast, that white movie companys are eating off of.
again, my answer is not the same as P
s answer because you are introducing talking points that were not in P's answer.

i get what you are sayign about the studios, but I....du.....me....I do not personally view them as the same because of all the reasons i listed

yes i did. I understood the point he was making. Black people may have embraced Black panther, but they did not create him. to be that excitred about something black people didn't create bothered him especially when there were oth things thta they could apply the same energy to that they did create.

while this has nothing to fucking do with P's interview, no I personally do not feel the same way about many movies of the 90's that had studio backing, because i feel those were black stories written and told by black people who just needed a studio's help to break it into Hollywood.. i do not view them the same

is that better?

So your cool w/ those white studios being the main profiteers of those black films just not BP(even tho that's the complete opposite of what Master P was talking about).

Cool. Just keep that same energy when WB/DC go with the John Stweart Green Lateran.

So your cool w/ those white studios being the main profiteers of those black films

again.

if black folk are making their own movies, and using the bigger white studios to make it on the big screen, i don't look at that as the same as a major studios adding black characters to their already established product for the sake of inclusion.

didn't say i hate it, i just dont see it the same....
Cool. Just keep that same energy when WB/DC go with the John Stweart Green Lateran.
again stupid point to make, cuz i would never act like a black green lantern is the most important black movie in the world...i wouldn't make it as big of a deal as everyone made over BP...

i'd be hype to see a good movie, but that's it......many people felt BP was more than just a movie....that was my issue....P just pointing out from a business/ownership standpoint...

which i agreed with, but for MY reasons

Then why'd you C/S him then?

Cuz he said something negative bout BP?
cuz i thought he made some good arguments, and i have an independent mind that can receive information, process information, and develop my own reasons for thinking something is a good argument without it having to be verbatim what they said....

again stupid point to make, cuz i would never act like a black green lantern is the most important black movie in the world...i wouldn't make it as big of a deal as everyone made over BP...

i'd be hype to see a good movie, but that's it......many people felt BP was more than just a movie....that was my issue....P just pointing out from a business/ownership standpoint...

which i agreed with, but for MY reasons

No it's not stupid cuz all WB/DC would be doing is...

adding black characters to their already established product for the sake of inclusion.

......Right? :hahaha:

Already coming up w/ excuses for DC doing the same thing.

You got tho.

i mean that's exactly what black lightning was....and i thought it was good too....

i found it funny that no one gave it the same energy

Back