Welcome To aBlackWeb

What's even funnier is DCU movie Justice League put Cyborg as a founding member when he wasn't. All the founding members for the original Justice League were white.
that's a dope post and i'm well aware of everything you said.

still doesn't change the entire premise of this entire debate.

Embracing something and making it your own is what Black People did with BP, and that's cool.

Coates is from bmore, i remember when he became the writer of BP, it was a semi big deal. And i like how they made the characters fit into todays world.....

i never once said i disliked the movie at all....so again, people constantly miss my critique as hate....

I'm pointing out that BP was ALWAYS something GIVEN to us to appease the demand for more representation. The character's entire incarnation was fro inclusion, and so that there can at the least be one big black face in the sea of white comic book characters.

over the last decade or so, strides have been made to make BP a bigger character and bring him to the forefront, as seen by the recent changes in the characters direction, and including him in the already successful MCU... but again... this was a calculated and strategic effort....

When homie asked about them other movies.... the whole thing is different....there's a big difference between black movie makers looking to make a movie and gettign help from a big studio to get their art out there...

than an already big and established company, creating a black character and adding it to their already successful formula...

that's not a knock, it's calling it what it is..

P's take on it is that niggaz jumped on BP like we really did that, like that shit was really something that black people created and made to be great....

naw that shit was a white creation, and placed on their already established platform, just so we could have a hero too....

his point is if you really wanna celebrate black cinema and black story telling, support the smaller movies that are all black, and fighting to be seen on a screen the same energy.

and i agree

I respect what Master P said on not just being a spokesperson but actually trying to own what you cosign. He is 100% correct in that regard but he is also 100% wrong about black people not benefitting from that movie being made. I stated why I felt he was wrong in my previous post. He can be right about one statement and wrong about another because nobody is infallible. Lol.

The reason the Black Panther comic started getting pushed heavy again about 3 years ago is because they green lighted doing a movie, just like Captain America, Ironman, Thor, Captain Marvel, etc.. Historically the best selling Marvel comics were not the ones they did the MCU movies (the reasons Spider-Man, X-Men, and Fantastic 4's movie rights got plucked by other studios) on, but Marvel was smart enough to try and use the hype of the movies to sell comics which is smart business.

I hate to be rude but I can't help but laugh at your "the Black Panther character was given to appease a certain demographic" statement. That's with anything being sold to the masses. Lmao. Comics as a whole is a genre of writing that was created to appease a certain demographic. Just like Big & Tall or lingerie stores, marketing for different genres of movies, music, food, etc. are. Lmao.

The thing that rubs some people (including myself) the wrong way about your statements (or the way it's being perceived) is the negative connotation behind them. It comes off as if you feel the only reason the character got a movie is because he is black and the movie served no purpose to the the over arching story line. But that isnt totally (I can admit having a black character does help make them money) the case because Black Panther (well before the movie) was a member of the Avengers and an important member in the Civil War comics. His character and country was also important in the MCU films as Ultron and Captain America's shield was built out of materials that came from his home country and his technology was there to aid the Avengers in their time of need.

Last edited:
04f38c3ff4c3ba7944b4edb57df473831ed3c209.gifv

9b626c6efd08f10883336b2c456bb6a486186367.gifv

91ff2d332ff31286b85cec3f3886b1f0da34dde2.gifv

d1673e1ef7f10fdee412c8af908eaee7c150424f.gifv

5e8ca92f560a7af2b89ce0b1b4b09d254652a675.gifv

d2df30b3040b45633675ad537f0999aa44efe347.gifv

950442f3c0fb9d3b620b85959319228653310f4a.gifv

Back