Welcome To aBlackWeb

Going to see it again this weekend.

BET had an animated series for Black Panther, I need to watch it again.

Reactions: GNS
To all comic book beads should I read ta -nehisi Coates run on the black panther? I remember back on the i.c. It was disliked. How did he ruin the character? I was glancing through the latest issue and it looks like he is trying to put storm back together with black panther as a couple.

I think so far it’s an okay run. It takes place after a lot of crazy stuff has happened in Wakanda so Mr. Coates picks up from there. A lot of folks from what I’ve seen in this thread don’t like it because of the state of Wakanda but all that stuff happened before Coates took over.

I personally like Christopher Priest run the best out of all the ones I’ve read. Reginald Hudlin also has a solid run and of course Stan Lee. I just finished reading David Liss short run when T’Challa took over in Hell’s Kitchen for Matt Murdoch.

Going to see it again this weekend.

BET had an animated series for Black Panther, I need to watch it again.

I got that in DVD it was based off Reginald Hudlin’s comics and it was solid. I didn’t care too much for the zombie android warriors or whatever they were toward the end of the show. Lol.

"Thanos is going to have to follow Killmonger. You have to follow one of the most charismatic and sympathetic villains the MCU has ever seen with…a purple man who wants magic stones. LMao I'm getting worried they said it was thanos movie I hope."

My brother sent me this crazy because he was hyped for thanos for a very long time he didn't even see bp but this makes perfect sense

Ya man killmonger will be a more important villain than thanos wtf would of thunk

Reactions: GNS
I think I seen M'Baku behind T'Challa in the preview. Wakanda were deep af in the preview
tumblr_p4hm8doGV71x0bvwko4_540.gif

AE4CD97F-5507-47BF-AF5C-E2DA76FF9F23.png Amandla Stenberg Passed On ‘Black Panther’ To Make Way For Darker-Skinned Actors
710c91c0-4b9c-11e7-8912-374be9390b1b_H-1-.png

Elyse Wanshel
HuffPostMarch 2, 2018

Amandla Stenberg put a lot of thought into not entering the Marvel cinematic universe.

Last week, “The Hunger Games” actress explained to CBC Arts that she was in the running for a lead part in “Black Panther” but decided to back out because she didn’t want to take the role from a darker-skinned actor.

“One of the most challenging things for me to do was to walk away from ‘Black Panther,’” the 19-year-old said in the interview published last week. “I got really, really close and they were like, ‘Do you want to continue fighting for this?’ And I was like, this isn’t right.”

The biracial actress said she put a lot of thought into rejecting a role in which she’d play a purely African woman.

“These are all dark-skin actors playing Africans and I feel like it would have just been off to see me as a biracial American with a Nigerian accent just pretending that I’m the same color as everyone else in the movie,” she said. “That was really challenging, to make that decision, but I have no regrets. I recognize 100 percent that there are spaces that I should not take up and when I do take up a space, it’s because I’ve thought really, really critically about it and I’ve consulted people I really trust and it feels right.”

The actress, who will star in “The Hate U Give,” which is based on the Angie Thomas young adult novel about Black Lives Matter, has purposely accepted roles in which she feels she physically resembles the character. In 2017, she played a biracial character in “Everything Everything” and accepted the role of Rue in “The Hunger Games” — who is described in the novel as having “dark brown skin and eyes” — despite receiving backlash for her casting in the role.

Stenberg’s decision to turn down the undisclosed role in “Black Panther” also stands in stark contrast to other actors who have accepted roles for characters that they do not physically resemble in terms of ethnicity, identityand physical ability.

• This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

View attachment 32884 Amandla Stenberg Passed On ‘Black Panther’ To Make Way For Darker-Skinned Actors
710c91c0-4b9c-11e7-8912-374be9390b1b_H-1-.png

Elyse Wanshel
HuffPostMarch 2, 2018

Amandla Stenberg put a lot of thought into not entering the Marvel cinematic universe.

Last week, “The Hunger Games” actress explained to CBC Arts that she was in the running for a lead part in “Black Panther” but decided to back out because she didn’t want to take the role from a darker-skinned actor.

“One of the most challenging things for me to do was to walk away from ‘Black Panther,’” the 19-year-old said in the interview published last week. “I got really, really close and they were like, ‘Do you want to continue fighting for this?’ And I was like, this isn’t right.”

The biracial actress said she put a lot of thought into rejecting a role in which she’d play a purely African woman.

“These are all dark-skin actors playing Africans and I feel like it would have just been off to see me as a biracial American with a Nigerian accent just pretending that I’m the same color as everyone else in the movie,” she said. “That was really challenging, to make that decision, but I have no regrets. I recognize 100 percent that there are spaces that I should not take up and when I do take up a space, it’s because I’ve thought really, really critically about it and I’ve consulted people I really trust and it feels right.”

The actress, who will star in “The Hate U Give,” which is based on the Angie Thomas young adult novel about Black Lives Matter, has purposely accepted roles in which she feels she physically resembles the character. In 2017, she played a biracial character in “Everything Everything” and accepted the role of Rue in “The Hunger Games” — who is described in the novel as having “dark brown skin and eyes” — despite receiving backlash for her casting in the role.

Stenberg’s decision to turn down the undisclosed role in “Black Panther” also stands in stark contrast to other actors who have accepted roles for characters that they do not physically resemble in terms of ethnicity, identityand physical ability.

• This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

Should have kept that to herself

finally saw Black panther (yes I know Im late) but for all those people that I saw saying we need our own wakanda, you already have a wakanda, its in the hood where yall all afraid to go to. The hood in which yall neglect, turn your noses up and back on.

Thats your wakanda —-thats what an all Black nation closely mirrors here in the states and its going to take a lot of work to build that jawn up but if we all work together, we can.

My takeaways:

1) I understood Killmongers view points but he was wayyy too egotistical and moving way too fast. I also think he mirrored the average Black American man especially when he started beating up on the women. I said to myself yeahhh niggas would get in the Kingdom and start running a muck unless they underwent a psychic undoing to overturn all the hegemony they have internalized while being in the states.

He clearly was very colonized in his thinking because he moved and sounded like an oppressor at every turn.

Also, even tho he was trying to liberate Black people all over the world he didnt really think about what would happen if niggas in the hood got ahold of some vibranium. They would stockpile the shit and/or kill each other over petty turf wars and drug disputes.

Killmonger just didnt understand you cant liberate bodies without liberating the mind first. I mean Black Americans dont even know who their real “enemy” is anymore, ever since crack hit the streets in the 80s weve been turning the guns on ourselves and each other. Which isnt our fault for many reasons but the truth is truth, we would have to really work hard at decolonizing our minds and spirits. Whiteness has been attacking our mentals for so long, alot of us out here are hella confused and seeing double.

Killmongers plan would have ultimately been a disaster. Only certain amount of ppl can handle that kinda power and he defintely wasnt one of them. Too angry and irrational.

Im weak at how some Black men were saying they identify more with killmonger than T’challa. I was saying to myself, yeahhhh I wouldnt follow that nigga up the block much less let him lead me in Wakanda.

2.) THE WOMEN WERE SO BADASS AND COURGEOUS! OH MY GOD. They were so strong and I loved watching them wreck shit. Black women are powerful and without us yall niggas arent going very far. I hope yall will learn how to respect us and ride for us the same way we ride for yall.

and lastly, Michael B Jordan cant act to me and I had a hard time connecting with his character. I thought the line “Kill me because my people know death was better than bondage” sounded so corny coming from him. That line is deep af but him saying it blew me.

My takeaways:

1) I understood Killmongers view points but he was wayyy too egotistical and moving way too fast. I also think he mirrored the average Black American man especially when he started beating up on the women. I said to myself yeahhh niggas would get in the Kingdom and start running a muck unless they underwent a psychic undoing to overturn all the hegemony they have internalized while being in the states.

He clearly was very colonized in his thinking because he moved and sounded like an oppressor at every turn.

Also, even tho he was trying to liberate Black people all over the world he didnt really think about what would happen if niggas in the hood got ahold of some vibranium. They would stockpile the shit and/or kill each other over petty turf wars and drug disputes.

Killmonger just didnt understand you cant liberate bodies without liberating the mind first. I mean Black Americans dont even know who their real “enemy” is anymore, ever since crack hit the streets in the 80s weve been turning the guns on ourselves and each other. Which isnt our fault for many reasons but the truth is truth, we would have to really work hard at decolonizing our minds and spirits. Whiteness has been attacking our mentals for so long, alot of us out here are hella confused and seeing double.

Killmongers plan would have ultimately been a disaster. Only certain amount of ppl can handle that kinda power and he defintely wasnt one of them. Too angry and irrational.

Im weak at how some Black men were saying they identify more with killmonger than T’challa. I was saying to myself, yeahhhh I wouldnt follow that nigga up the block much less let him lead me in Wakanda.

2.) THE WOMEN WERE SO BADASS AND COURGEOUS! OH MY GOD. They were so strong and I loved watching them wreck shit. Black women are powerful and without us yall niggas arent going very far. I hope yall will learn how to respect us and ride for us the same way we ride for yall.

and lastly, Michael B Jordan cant act to me and I had a hard time connecting with his character. I thought the line “Kill me because my people know death was better than bondage” sounded so corny coming from him. That line is deep af but him saying it blew me.

there seems to be a common theme with you, you seem to always have to hit certain talking point... i agree with some your sentiments.. but alot of the times your shit come off like a recording to an answer machine.Michael B jordan can act his ass off.... and the line you said was corny was basically at the center of his character it was appropriately his line.

My takeaways:

I don't think the Vibranium would have a chance to get to the average "Hood" cat, they said that Wakanda had spies and outposts all over the globe so basically it was

arming their select groups(kind of like how America has embassies everywhere),also they keep tabs on all Vibranium that's how they knew Klaw stole those museum

pieces.

finally saw Black panther (yes I know Im late) but for all those people that I saw saying we need our own wakanda, you already have a wakanda, its in the hood where yall all afraid to go to. The hood in which yall neglect, turn your noses up and back on.

Thats your wakanda —-thats what an all Black nation closely mirrors here in the states and its going to take a lot of work to build that jawn up but if we all work together, we can.
I kind of figured it would be in more the upper middle class areas in various parts of the United States. There are plenty of affluent black areas that I think you could of considered in Maryland, New York, California, and Austin, TX alone. I'm saying this because all black people aren't residing in hoods or lower middle class areas there are some very well to do black towns that have strong individuals in it

Last edited:

Now what is the hood equivalent of vibranium?
0Ho0CVp.gif

there seems to be a common theme with you, you seem to always have to hit certain talking point... i agree with some your sentiments.. but alot of the times your shit come off like a recording to an answer machine.Michael B jordan can act his ass off.... and the line you said was corny was basically at the center of his character it was appropriately his line.

What are you talking about?

In my opinion he cant act!!

why are you so aggy at how I feel lmaoo

Yall just hate the fact I speak my mind lol
Yall are probably use to women that agree with yall all the time, or gas yalls headass thoughts and ideas, Im not that woman.

If youre mad at my opinion then maybe you should get off the forum because thats exactly what this platform is for.

Now what is the hood equivalent of vibranium?
0Ho0CVp.gif

Yall said yall wanted an all Black nation.
I live in n philly where everybody in my neigborhood is Black.

Not one white person in sight. Build that shit up and make it viable and theres your wakanda

simple

I kind of figured it would be in more the upper middle class areas in various parts of the United States. There are plenty of affluent black areas that I think you could of considered in Maryland, New York, California, and Austin, TX alone. I'm saying this because all black people aren't residing in hoods or lower middle class areas there are some very well to do black towns that have strong individuals in it

Im not speaking on bougie, classist Blacks.

sorry

you greatly missed my point.

Back