Welcome To aBlackWeb

If I have enough time on my schedule this weekend, then I think I might go to the movies & watch it again.

Reactions: GNS
But left out Oakland??

Nope. Apparently that article didn't have all the info

Disney’s $1 million donation will help open up a STEM Center in Oakland, as well as centers in Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Chicago, IL; Harlem, NY; Hartford, CT; Memphis, TN; New Orleans, LA; Orlando, FL; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; and Watts, CA.

Entertainment Weekly: This doesn’t exactly fit, but I thought a little bit of the Amish. The Jabari have a separate, traditional culture within a modern one. But then, the Jabari don’t lack technology.
Winston Duke: Yeah, they’re not against technology. They’re against Vibranium. Their society is based around Jabari wood.

EW: That’s what we see decorating M’Baku’s throne room.
WD: Yeah, this is something we didn’t get to interrogate deeply in the film, but everything for them is based around this Jabari wood that comes from this sacred tree. Everything in Jabari land is made out of this sacred wood that can essentially go toe-to-toe with a Vibranium sword or a Vibranium weapon because it’s this tempered, strong, treated wood.

EW: But it has its own mythology…
WD: They believe it was given to them by Hanuman, the ape god. Meanwhile, the people of Wakanda will say, “No, it’s actually the Vibranium that’s seeped into the wood. That makes it stronger.” [Laughs] You have this whole divergence of ideas. They’re quite technologically sophisticated but it’s based around wood. Meanwhile, Wakanda proper is technologically advanced based around Vibranium. That’s kind of where they get separated, but it’s still the same house.

EW: What does M’Baku really want, deep down?
WD: Where’s Wakanda going? How are they going to do that? T’Chaka (John Kani) is dead. I didn’t like the direction he was taking the country and now his son is going to take the throne, all these people have been asleep letting these people take control of the country for all these years, and we’ve just been watching from the mountains being like, “This isn’t right. My people have to live, they got to survive.” Instead of him just being this ostentatious dude who’s running around in a gorilla fur costume, he’s this guy who has deep attachments and needs. You can understand, “If I was in that position, I think I would have to make a similar choice.”

EW: M’Baku is a showman.
WD: He is. He’s proud and he’s big, and he is a showman. It’s the idea that if I’m going to challenge and take over this country, I’m going to do it with honor and I’m going to do it in front of everyone the right way. I’m not going to use some subversive tactic to take over the country the way other people could.

EW:He does this chant, a kind of grunt that silences people. He’s frightening, and then immediately funny. He knows how to weaponize his demeanor.
WD: It’s super fun to play, and we created the entire culture. The Jabari, similar to the Dora Milaje, believe in the oneness. When he speaks, he speaks in a “we,” but he doesn’t talk as a royal “we.” When he says “we,” it’s really we, like me and my people. That means a lot to him. When he speaks of the Jabari, he speaks of them as one.

Excerpts from Winston Duke’s interview with Entertainment Weekly

Speaking of, you know what I love about the MCU post-black Panther?

Thor, Loki, Hela and Odin are less gods and moreso extraterrestrial beings who live extremely long and whose presence on earth made them worshipped as gods.

When Black Widow told Steve Rogers in The Avengers "these guys are basically gods", he said, "I only believe in one god and he doesn't dress like that." But we never see any proof of the Christian god that he most likely was referring to.

But Bast, the panther god, is absolutely real. The ancestral plane made possible by Bast was real. The powers of the black panther are real. T'Challa surviving certain death after his body was prayed over was real.

The gods of European pantheons are myth. The god of America is unproven to exist. But this Afrikan god is real. And now it's canon.

Perfect segway

Black Panther fans create petition for Netflix series based on Wakanda.

"Telling the back story of Wakanda would be a game changer. How did Wakanda become the most technologically advanced country on Earth? From the technology to the artistry coupled with the rich African traditions, the fans demand more. The Black Panther fan base would love to see a Wakanda Series on Netflix. This series would expand the depth of the Marvel universe and we feel Marvel/Disney would enjoy creating and adapting these stories as much as we would love watching them."

The petition already has 4k signatures with a goal of 5k. I think the idea would be dope and reading about how the Jabari differ from Wakanda with their ideals it would be the perfect medium to flesh out M'Baku and the Jabari.

Nope. Apparently that article didn't have all the info

Disney’s $1 million donation will help open up a STEM Center in Oakland, as well as centers in Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Chicago, IL; Harlem, NY; Hartford, CT; Memphis, TN; New Orleans, LA; Orlando, FL; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; and Watts, CA.

That's pretty big. Some people will dismiss it, but a movie studio dropping a millie to help a community just because a movie did well is crazy.

Speaking of, you know what I love about the MCU post-black Panther?

Thor, Loki, Hela and Odin are less gods and moreso extraterrestrial beings who live extremely long and whose presence on earth made them worshipped as gods.

When Black Widow told Steve Rogers in The Avengers "these guys are basically gods", he said, "I only believe in one god and he doesn't dress like that." But we never see any proof of the Christian god that he most likely was referring to.

But Bast, the panther god, is absolutely real. The ancestral plane made possible by Bast was real. The powers of the black panther are real. T'Challa surviving certain death after his body was prayed over was real.

The gods of European pantheons are myth. The god of America is unproven to exist. But this Afrikan god is real. And now it's canon.

That's not really true. At least we don't know if it is yet. I'd wait til Infinity War before you make that assumption because it's very possible that Soul Stone is hidden in Wakanda, and it's what happens to give the heart shaped herb its effects.

That's not really true. At least we don't know if it is yet. I'd wait til Infinity War before you make that assumption because it's very possible that Soul Stone is hidden in Wakanda, and it's what happens to give the heart shaped herb its effects.
We can speculate about anything. Infinity War can change everything. Ant Man could change everything. Captain Marvel could change everything.

But acknowledging the facts based off of the past 18 movies isn't assuming.

Honestly surprised it took that long to be honest. Niggas gonna nig after all. No amount of vibranium will change that.

We can speculate about anything. Infinity War can change everything. Ant Man could change everything. Captain Marvel could change everything.

But acknowledging the facts based off of the past 18 movies isn't assuming.

I'm not really sure what you mean. All I'm saying is that we have no definitive proof that Bast exists. We know that the Wakandans attribute certain things to Bast, but it hasn't been confirmed that Bast is really responsible. It could be true, but then again, if in IW they show us that the Soul Stone has been under the ground all along enriching the soil in which the heart shape herb grows, then Bast becomes as unconfirmed in the universe as the Judeo Christian God.

I dont think the onus is on someone to resolve the issue she should have had herself. bitch is unstable i dont think reasoning would have helped this situation
I meant that as why she couldn't get an usher if she was having a problem unless she was the one that caused the problem then I get it.

Dumb trifling section 8 food stamp single baby mama ass bitch.

Why the fuck is she bringing a gun to a movie theater?

This is one of the reasons I go to the movies later at night when I know there will be plenty open seats because idiots will sit in a reserved seat and act oblivious when called out like they don't know what the mix up is.

But to shoot up a theater? Watch stormfront and Fox news put her face up to say "and you thought a white person was going to shoot at Black Panther lololol"

Back