Welcome To aBlackWeb

This is easily the best Marvel film to date. I'd watch this shit again.

Don't get me wrong I love all these movies but for me they don't have a lot of replayability outside of Winter Soldier. The visuals, the score, the underlying themes etc all that shit was on point.

Wakanda was beautiful and I wish they would've showed more of it just because they were so full shit previously saying it would be hard to make Wakanda. I was so proud how they handled Africa and it's people and it's tradition and strong black women and hierarchy it was just beautiful.

Jordan bodied his role I wasn't even mad at dude because he had legitimate reasons for being upset. I was rooting for dude. But this was a great film Coogler did his thing with this budget, I loved every minute. Marvel has a tendency to overdue the comedy but this was just enough and it was legit funny.

People trippin me out with this "Killmonger" wasn't a villain shit. Dude might have an understandable reason for his villainy, but it's still villainy. I mean
his solution to a hostage situation involving his girlfriend was to kill the hostage.
That's not heroic or even revolutionary behavior.

I'd actually more like to see fictional stories involving either African myths or set in real African empires. Both would be really cool and could likely be universally liked if done right.
In a world where Hitler, Kim, and Trump can be seen as heroes to their constituents, it's fair for Killmonger to not be considered a villain.

Even everybody's favorite President Obama killed children in drone strikes. And his cause wasn't as admirable as Killmonger's.

This shit was DOPE

My daugther wanna be BP for halloween. Not because he black or african or cause she wanna be african. She thinks its a great movie and she liked his character

I liked the fact it didnt feel like a superhero movie, much like WS. All in all top 3 MCU

You know DC going through their list of black super heroes after seeing BP's opening week like:

"hm...what about a Static Shock movie?"
tenor.gif

They killing it right now with black lightning on TV

If they did respond it would either be John Stewart as Green lantern or cyborg

But they don't have African Roots like that... And that's what everybody is going crazy over...

It's not just the black hero... People losing their shit cuz of the culture and the story on the screen.... DC don't have black characters like that.

Their black characters are regular ass black people. And Niggaz ain't getting excited about regular

Funny thing to the static shock tv show had A LOT of race issues being brought up, and they addressed it with a lot genuine and authentic feel....

Static shock might not be a bad idea. I doubt niggaz will go as overboard cuz again, it's just black american stuff.... But it could be another opportunity to tell a very black superhero story....

Going second just hurts the sincerity

the cartoon was dope. other than that he hasn't really had anything other than a 2 parter in the justice league show. that's about it. DC can barely get their big hitters off the ground though, so I wouldn't expect them to drop a dope Static Shock movie

the cartoon was dope. other than that he hasn't really had anything other than a 2 parter in the justice league show. that's about it. DC can barely get their big hitters off the ground though, so I wouldn't expect them to drop a dope Static Shock movie

Static seems like more in the Luke Cage realm

Perfect for Netflix imo

Even if it wasnt live action and they did a more mature cartoon version

In a world where Hitler, Kim, and Trump can be seen as heroes to their constituents, it's fair for Killmonger to not be considered a villain.

Even everybody's favorite President Obama killed children in drone strikes. And his cause wasn't as admirable as Killmonger's.

I guess that's true, but I was assuming the people in here that were making that comment weren't complete dumbasses like the people who think Trump is a hero.

The ending reminded me of the Hobbit battle of the 5 armies

Wait til Infinity War, the Wakanda fight in that one looks like it will be crazy.

I guess that's true, but I was assuming the people in here that were making that comment weren't complete dumbasses like the people who think Trump is a hero.
I'm just making a point that there's alot of gray in between that black and white, good and evil. To you and me, yeah looking at those names, we know what it is.

But it's some smart people who find themselves on the other side not because they're dumbasses, but because their experiences influences their perspective.

Like, white people are probably going to have an easier time calling Killmonger a villain. But they also had an easier time saying the Black Panther Party was the "black KKK". They had an easier time saying Malcolm and the Nation of Islam were hate mongers. They aren't necessarily dumb, but they're either misinformed or have an agenda that leads them to that conclusion.

Remember ol boy in Texas Micah that killed those cops a couple years ago? He was Killmonger. He saw himself as a freedom fighter and he went out doing what he felt needed to be done. And it's a helluva lot of black folk, myself included, who don't see him as a villain at all.

I'm just making a point that there's alot of gray in between that black and white, good and evil. To you and me, yeah looking at those names, we know what it is.

But it's some smart people who find themselves on the other side not because they're dumbasses, but because their experiences influences their perspective.

Like, white people are probably going to have an easier time calling Killmonger a villain. But they also had an easier time saying the Black Panther Party was the "black KKK". They had an easier time saying Malcolm and the Nation of Islam were hate mongers. They aren't necessarily dumb, but they're either misinformed or have an agenda that leads them to that conclusion.

Remember ol boy in Texas Micah that killed those cops a couple years ago? He was Killmonger. He saw himself as a freedom fighter and he went out doing what he felt needed to be done. And it's a helluva lot of black folk, myself included, who don't see him as a villain at all.

I feel you, but to me there ain't any gray in killing innocent people. And even if I could give a pass to him on that, it's pretty clear he was going to become a tyrant once he had the power. Killmonger was basically what the movie said he was. He was a monster, but he was one that Wakanda created. Had they done right by him, he could have been an important member in their society given how smart and powerful he seemed to be.

Back