Welcome To aBlackWeb

Its still so early and with Chad being the first in a movie of this large of a scale I understand why its so difficult and for ppl to want T’Challa to be laid to rest with Chad

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
I think that T’Challa can and should be recast eventually

T’Challa CAN and SHOULD live on

Bruce Wayne/Batman
James Bond
Joker
Superman

Just a few characters that have been played by multiple actors and have had ICONIC performances by actors who are no longer with us.

If/When T’Challa is recast. The person I think that would fit and best capture the essence of King T’Challa is Jonathan Majors...the kid from lovecraft country and da 5 bloods
Yes, but each time the character is recast it’s an entirely new continuity. You can’t just recast Chad in the current MCU continuity.

Yes, but each time the character is recast it’s an entirely new continuity. You can’t just recast Chad in the current MCU continuity.
Yes you can because even if they did another T’Challa in a dif universe...its still T’Challa and to some that will forever be Chads role.

I get it its tragic and sad he left us so early. And his portrayal of T’Challa is so iconic.

But as they say...the show must go on.

And also, another great example of multiple actors in different roles is James Bond...

and 4 actors had Iconic(arguably) movies and portayals

Sean Connery
Roger Moore
Pierce Brosnan
Daniel Craig

Bruce Wayne/Batman
James Bond
Joker
Superman

Just a few characters that have been played by multiple actors and have had ICONIC performances by actors who are no longer with us.

If/When T’Challa is recast. The person I think that would fit and best capture the essence of King T’Challa is Jonathan Majors...the kid from lovecraft country and da 5 bloods

The Batman and Superman movies were only loosely connected. Joker was changed across different series of movies. James Bond may not even be the same person from movie to movie. Recasts under those conditions isn't a big deal. The MCU is a coordinated universe where every movie relates to the other. Recasting isn't impossible, but it's more jarring under that condition especially when a particular actor really embodies a role.

Been away over the weekend and of course heard the news about Boseman, and i dunno why but that shit hit me harder than any celebrity death has. Probably because he played one of my favorite Marvel characters and I was expecting him to be a big part of the MCU.

Its fucking crazy that he was able to keep that a secret for so long and he knew what was coming. I read a report saying that he had secretly married his GF recently to make sure she was taken care of as well. Dude seemed really humble and I know as soon as he started playing BP i started seeing him in movies everywhere. None being very major films, but still great seeing him get a lot of work and he did it all until his last day.

I was one of the assholes that criticized him a bit for being so skinny, despite that i still enjoyed his time as tchalla, but I had assumed he kind of got rushed into the character being announced in civil war and filming his scenes not long after. I figured with it being his first set of films (Civil War, BP, and Infinity War) that he was going to have his character develop and he would become the more bulky version that we all know and love from the comics. I had never seen the pics of him when he got really really skinny though, but had i seen them I would have guessed it was for a movie role until this news came out.

Its all starting to make sense though because for a long time, like around the time End Game was coming out, these rumor sites have been saying that Shuri will be taking over as Black Panther in the sequel and i thought it was crazy that they would get rid of Tchalla so soon, but Marvel had to of known his battle which makes it extra sad.

Shuri had taken over the Mantle for quite awhile in the comics so that is the obvious direction to go in the films, it just sucks that it had to happen so damn soon. Tchalla is a major piece of the Marvel universe and while they will do fine with Shuri being Black Panther, its just really sad to see them lose Tchalla so fast.

Curious as to how they are going to write him out and I just hope Coogler and Feige give Boseman a proper send off.

Bruce Wayne/Batman
James Bond
Joker
Superman

No one really played a good superman and only two player batman good

Is there any way Killmonger could be transitioned. I mean he was like the most liked character from the first movie and I thought he was a bit cooler then BP, you might know more about the comics side of things, is there any possibility?
It's a comic book super hero movie anything can happen. Kilmonger waz killed and resurrected in the comics they can do it also on film

First off RIP to Chadwick. Such a devastating loss not only to us fans, but to his family as well.

Nobody should be cast as T’Challa. Marvel does well by their characters and even more so by their actors. There’s a reason all of these actors love being in the movies. The Marvel team has the utmost respect for them. It would be mad disrespectful to just throw somebody else in that role. They need to honor him in Black Panther 2.

That being said, I know it’s a long shot, but I think Marvel could pull this off.

Imagine at the end of Black Panther they didn’t let Killmonger die. They took him down and saved him. He’s in a coma but in the astral plane. Shit is fucked up in Wakanda and around the world with the sudden death of King T’Challa, especially his hometown in Compton because that became the Wakandan embassy in the US and was attacked and taken over.

He learns Wakandan history and pride from the ancestors and his place in that lineage being the rightful heir to the throne as the oldest living descendent in the bloodline. He has a change of heart but is struggling with his past actions. Never questions his motivations in the past, just his actions cause he still believes in helping the black race.

Comes out of the coma and has to don the Black Panther mantle to save Wakanda and his old hood. But he wears the Jaguar suit still because he doesn’t feel worthy of the Black Panther suit or name. Even goes by the Jaguar and denounces the Kilmonger name.

By the end of the movie he wins and earns the respect of everyone involved and is fully redeemed, yet he still struggles with his past actions and his worthiness. We expect him to become the King and Black Panther, those in Wakanda push for it even, but he rejects it and Siri becomes queen with him acting as the protector under the Jaguar name.

At least until part 3 when Suri has to step down for whatever reason and he becomes the fully realized Black Panther and King. All the while we realize that the Black Panther trilogy was not really the story of T’Challa, but the story of Killmonger.

The only reason I wouldn’t go the Suri becomes Black Panther route is because she can’t carry a series of movies as the lead. But Michael B. Jordan can and he’s already a fan favorite.

This i can accept, i don't want T'Challa to be anyone else other than Chadwick.

WoW @ you Niggas Just WoW, Cats bickering over shit they Have NO control Of

Marvel knew he was Ill...Let It play out Sheeesh

I Think My Guy Franklin from Snowfall has a shot

See the source image
Image result for franklin snowfall actor Image result for franklin snowfall actor

Been away over the weekend and of course heard the news about Boseman, and i dunno why but that shit hit me harder than any celebrity death has. Probably because he played one of my favorite Marvel characters and I was expecting him to be a big part of the MCU.

Its fucking crazy that he was able to keep that a secret for so long and he knew what was coming. I read a report saying that he had secretly married his GF recently to make sure she was taken care of as well. Dude seemed really humble and I know as soon as he started playing BP i started seeing him in movies everywhere. None being very major films, but still great seeing him get a lot of work and he did it all until his last day.

I was one of the assholes that criticized him a bit for being so skinny, despite that i still enjoyed his time as tchalla, but I had assumed he kind of got rushed into the character being announced in civil war and filming his scenes not long after. I figured with it being his first set of films (Civil War, BP, and Infinity War) that he was going to have his character develop and he would become the more bulky version that we all know and love from the comics. I had never seen the pics of him when he got really really skinny though, but had i seen them I would have guessed it was for a movie role until this news came out.

Its all starting to make sense though because for a long time, like around the time End Game was coming out, these rumor sites have been saying that Shuri will be taking over as Black Panther in the sequel and i thought it was crazy that they would get rid of Tchalla so soon, but Marvel had to of known his battle which makes it extra sad.

Shuri had taken over the Mantle for quite awhile in the comics so that is the obvious direction to go in the films, it just sucks that it had to happen so damn soon. Tchalla is a major piece of the Marvel universe and while they will do fine with Shuri being Black Panther, its just really sad to see them lose Tchalla so fast.

Curious as to how they are going to write him out and I just hope Coogler and Feige give Boseman a proper send off.

Exactly.

Shuri, being the new Black Panther would make a ton of money and would tap into a under served market. So many little girls and women would watch that film and Leticia's Shuri is a fan favorite with damn near everyone that's seen the movie. It's an easy transition but for some reason folks in this thread are over looking it. LMAO

I don't know why people think Shuri can't

carry a movie,she's basically a black female

Iron Man as far as the money and the tech

stuff.

In my opinion the way they portrayed her in the movies we've already seen (plus how they can carry it further on) she is more like Peter Parker. Sharp and sarcastic wit mixed with super intelligence but the sarcasm mask's her uncertainty of where she belongs in her family hierarchy and overall purpose in life.

Back