Welcome To aBlackWeb

Y'all
Niggaz
Bugging

Shuri being the next BP makes too much sense

1. Black women empowerment is on the constant rise. Shuri catches that lightning in a bottle and the sequel out grosses the original easy

2. The actresses is perfect. She was a crazy fan favorite. Mad people loved everything about shuri and if you don't think the. marketing and support won't be crazy... You sincerely underestimate the machine behind this project. They just gave beyonce like a billion to make that africa disney+ shit.... Like you don't think the same energy won't be given to shuri. The fucking teaser alone already has 2 billion guess views on youtube 3 years before it comes out

3. hollywood's favorite troupe is to take an unsure unlikely hero and turn them into a bad ass by the end of the film. The shit has been done so frequently that it's asinine to think it won't work again

4. It's comic book accurate. Like the shits a slam dunk. BP in his suit is CGI anyway. It's easy as fuck you have a BP death then give him a funeral. And introduce shuri as the next BP to fight off the new villain....I mean it's almost a throw away movie that can generate a billion easy just recycling the age old formula

whatever script plans they have for bp2 can be saved for bp3.

Bp2 with shuri taking the mantle writes itself.

And because it's so simple, you can easily work in other MCU shit.... Like niggaz not thinking

Y'all
Niggaz
Bugging

1. Black women empowerment is on the constant rise. Shuri catches that lightning in a bottle and the sequel out grosses the original easy

2. The actresses is perfect. She was a crazy fan favorite. Mad people loved everything about shuri and if you don't think the. marketing and support won't be crazy... You sincerely underestimate the machine behind this project. They just gave beyonce like a billion to make that africa disney+ shit.... Like you don't think the same energy won't be given to shuri. The fucking teaser alone already has 2 billion guess views on youtube 3 years before it comes out

3. hollywood's favorite troupe is to take an unsure unlikely hero and turn them into a bad ass by the end of the film. The shit has been done so frequently that it's asinine to think it won't work again

4. It's comic book accurate. Like the shits a slam dunk. BP in his suit is CGI anyway. It's easy as fuck you have a BP death then give him a funeral. And introduce shuri as the next BP to fight off the new villain....I mean it's almost a throw away movie that can generate a billion easy just recycling the age old formula

And because it's so simple, you can easily work in other MCU shit.... Like niggaz not thinking

@Duwop all the obvious stuff you just said has already been stated by a few folks (including myself) in this thread but a dedicated few in here keep giving convoluted answers or flat out saying it has to be T'Challa or nothing else as Black Panther for some reason....

Honestly it does look kind of funny in the light with some of the replies while other replies are on some other shit. Lol.

Like you and the few of us stated it is an easy transition to a fan favorite character being played by a person who also was a fan favorite in previous movies. Serving a neglected fan base that would support in droves!!! This shit is too easy to fix without a whole lot of changes to the Cinematic universe continuity

That's what's up...

I was totally prepared for niggaz to claim I felt this way cuz I hated marvel or some dumb shit.

It's a crazy easy fix that will make them sooooooooo much money is intoxicating

I mean there was already rumors about her and the new Spidey....

Give that little white boy a cameo movie fuck around and make 2 billy

Y'all
Niggaz
Bugging

That story cant be told in one movie.

That shit has to be a trilogy with tie ins to a major MCU event, and have Doom and Namor be introduced first.

Im not even saying im against Shuri being BP. All im saying is Shuri being BP is one of the greatest stories in the BP comics, and needs to be done properly. I wanna see the shit play out.

Like the flashback of Tchallas father giving him the kings sword. Then tchalla gets put in a coma by Doom or Namor, i forget which, Shuri becomes BP. When Tchalla finally heals, he gives Shuri the sword saying its a king sword and it belongs to my queen. Then towards the end, Namor destroys Wakanda, and before Shuri stays back and sacrifices her life, she gives the sword back saying its time to put the sword where it belongs.

And where does the sword belong? Well in one of the greatest BP moments, he does some shit, tricks everyone, and puts the sword through Namors heart. Thats where the fuck the sword belongs. I need to see that scene play out.

The whole story is disgustingly good. And Shuris character arc is one of the best parts about it.

Making Shuri BP now is super premature and means we dont get this dope as story how its intended.

Im for Shuri being BP, but not like this. We need the actual full story told which would require tchalla being recast, and doom and namor introduced

Last edited:
That story cant be told in one movie.

That shit has to be a trilogy with tie ins to a major MCU event, and have Doom and Namor be introduced first.

Im not even saying im against Shuri being BP. All im saying is Shuri being BP is one of the greatest stories in the BP comics, and needs to be done properly. I wanna see the shit play out.

Like the flashback of Tchallas father giving him the kings sword. Then tchalla gets put in a coma by Doom or Namor, i forget which, Shuri becomes BP. When Tchalla finally heals, he gives Shuri the sword saying its a king sword and it belongs to my queen. Then towards the end, Namor destroys Wakanda, and before Shuri stays back and sacrifices her life, she gives the sword back saying its time to put the sword where it belongs.

And where does the sword belong? Well in one of the greatest BP moments, he does some shit, tricks everyone, and puts the sword through Namors heart. Thats where the fuck the sword belongs. I need to see that scene play out.

The whole story is disgustingly good. And Shuris character arc is the part about it.

Making Shuri BP now is super premature and means we dont get this dope as story how its intended.

Im for Shuri being BP, but not like this. We need the actual full story told which would require tchalla being recast, and doom and namor introduced

When has the MCU followed the comics letter for letter? They put their own twist on every story that they adapt. The original Infinity Gauntlet series is nothing like what we got on the big screen. And guess what, it still worked magnificently.

Remember how the whole movie matrix neo ain't become the one till like the last 15 minutes...

The whole other hour and a half he was doubting himself....

Wash, rinse, repeat....

Remember that movie wanted where the nigga ain't know he was bad ass till like the last 15 minutes

Wash rinse repeat

This shit is Common troupe... She can fight a D-list villlian in a movie like this...

Doom and manor and whatever else can come later......

It's part 2, but really part 1 all over again...shit could be a perfect storm

When has the MCU followed the comics letter for letter? They put their own twist on every story that they adapt. The original Infinity Gauntlet series is nothing like what we got on the big screen. And guess what, it still worked magnificently.

Word but in this case nah.

Making Shuri BP this soon is not just changing that story arc up a bit, its throwing that whole story arc out.

Im here for whatever they do and will support them but still feel its too early for Shuri to be BP.

Word but in this case nah.

Making Shuri BP this soon is not just changing that story arc up a bit, its throwing that whole story arc out.

Im here for whatever they do and will support them but still feel its too early for Shuri to be BP.

You obviously don't know how different the original Infinity Gauntlet was from the movies. They basically reinvented that whole story. Including Thanos's motivation.

You obviously don't know how different the original Infinity Gauntlet was from the movies. They basically reinvented that whole story. Including Thanos's motivation.

Dont tell another person what they obviously know or dont fam. You make a fool of yourself.

We disagreeing bout how we want to see Shuris ascention to BP done in the MCU. Got nothing to do with what either of us do or not.

Dont tell another person what they obviously know or dont fam. You make a fool of yourself.

We disagreeing bout how we want to see Shuris ascention to BP done in the MCU. Got nothing to do with what either of us do or not.

Well if you do know, it makes zero sense to make the statement that "Making Shuri BP this soon is not just changing that story arc up a bit, its throwing that whole story arc out" since you're already aware that they did it successfully with their adaptation of the Infinity Gauntlet series.

Well if you do know, it makes zero sense to make the statement that "Making Shuri BP this soon is not just changing that story arc up a bit, its throwing that whole story arc out" since you're already aware that they did it successfully with their adaptation of the Infinity Gauntlet series.

Fam, Its not about how successful they where. The infinity saga in the MCU was amazing. We all loved it.

But, most of us would have loved it more if Adam Warlock was the central figure in it. The MCU did a great job, and was wildy successful, but there were things that were missing, like the Silver Surfer, and the mind games that were played.

Thats what we are talking about here. Could they make Shuri BP and make a good movie and be successful? No question. There is no reason to question the MCU at this point.

With that said, I would still like that story told with Doom, Namor, and Tchalla being central figures, and Wakanda being destroyed in the backdrop of a universe ending event

Fam, Its not about how successful they where. The infinity saga in the MCU was amazing. We all loved it.

But, most of us would have loved it more if Adam Warlock was the central figure in it. The MCU did a great job, and was wildy successful, but there were things that were missing, like the Silver Surfer, and the mind games that were played.

Thats what we are talking about here. Could they make Shuri BP and make a good movie and be successful? No question. There is no reason to question the MCU at this point.

With that said, I would still like that story told with Doom, Namor, and Tchalla being central figures, and Wakanda being destroyed in the backdrop of a universe ending event

The bold is all that really matters.

I don't want t9 see shuri as the panther. Not yet anyway. I never read that run so I really don't care for it. Black panther never got a proper sequel and they never exploelred other aspects of panther like his intellect. He's supposed to be a genius level inventor. In the last movie it was like t'challa was James bond and shuri was "Q". Also they couod introduce more tech ploy like different panther suits or panther armor and BP also uses weapons he has a sword he can shoot his claws like projectiles he has vehicles . he had a jet in civil war and in the bet animated series he had a jet bike. Most of all the sequel was supposed to be about atlantis attacking Wakanda or something so panther vs namor1 is supposed to happen. Barwick would want the shiw to go on because he undsrstood how important black panther is especially to our youth to give them a hero to look up to that looks like them. Somarvel just needs to chill for awhile until that can find a talented actor to take on the role of black panther.

The dude just died and you niggas more concerned about his replacement
Nah we are concerned a out the future of the franchise. Its sad that he passed but it's been I week now . I didn't knkw him personally. He was too far gone. He's not suffering anymore. Its better that he's at peace instead of suffering and dying slowly. The show must go on . I held my peace for a week. Niggas was talking about replacing him the day after he died.

Back