Welcome To aBlackWeb

This shit is unbelievably stupid.

First of all, to say that one single actor "carries" a film is an insult to the tons of other actors on screen, regardless of how great that one actor is. Do you know how good you have to be to literally "carry" a film by yourself? Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert Downey Jr., Benedict Cumberbatch, Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Samuel L. Jackson, Angelina Jolie, Meryl Streep, Angela Basset. And guess what? None of them signed up to be in movies with a bunch of scrubs. To "carry" a film would mean that the rest of the cast, the script, the story, the CGI, etc would all have to be so subpar that only that ONE actor had to hoist the entire production on their backs by just being the best on set. GTFOH

Let's take a good hard look at cast of Black Panther, with all due respect to the ancestor Chadwick Boseman:

67363f697292473330ac0366d59197e4.jpg

GettyImages-1090677432-scaled.jpg

That is a damn near impossible amount of talent dedicated to a single film, who then had the production resources of fucking Disney at their disposal. Mr. Boseman did not carry Black Panther and to be quite honest, no one single actor has carried ANY of the MCU films. Not even RDJ who had Gwenyth Paltrow, Samuel L. Jackson and other incredible actors to share the screen with.

So cut the bullshit. Letitia Wright doesn't have to carry a film for her character to take the titular mantle. She only needs to employ the same wit and charm that made her an instant fan favorite.

And I'm basing this off of how she was easily outshined in a lot of Black Panther scenes. She's a supporting actress and it's probably too premature to cast her as the lead in a film as big as BP2. She was have to change her whole demeanor on screen or they will have to scale back the on screen presence of other actors and actresses.

:wdf5:....Is there some straight-to-VHS Black Panther that I never heard about?

Other than Killmonger, Shuri received the most praise from fans and critics alike.

Bruh you really just throwing shit out there now.

Last edited:

First of all, to say that one single actor "carries" a film is an insult to the tons of other actors on screen, regardless of how great that one actor is. Do you know how good you have to be to literally "carry" a film by yourself? Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert Downey Jr., Benedict Cumberbatch, Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Samuel L. Jackson, Angelina Jolie, Meryl Streep, Angela Basset. And guess what? None of them signed up to be in movies with a bunch of scrubs. To "carry" a film would mean that the rest of the cast, the script, the story, the CGI, etc would all have to be so subpar that only that ONE actor had to hoist the entire production on their backs by just being the best on set. GTFOH

Let's take a good hard look at cast of Black Panther, with all due respect to the ancestor Chadwick Boseman:

View attachment 351446

View attachment 351447

That is a damn near impossible amount of talent dedicated to a single film, who then had the production resources of fucking Disney at their disposal. Mr. Boseman did not carry Black Panther and to be quite honest, no one single actor has carried ANY of the MCU films. Not even RDJ who had Gwenyth Paltrow, Samuel L. Jackson and other incredible actors to share the screen with.

So cut the bullshit. Letitia Wright doesn't have to carry a film for her character to take the titular mantle. She only needs to employ the same wit and charm that made her an instant fan favorite.

giphy.gif

Carrying a film does not mean that all the actors in the movie suck except for one. It means that there is an actor or actress in that film who's playing their role at an elite level above everyone else and the film would not be received the same if they weren't performing the way that it was.

It's like Game of Thrones. Tyrion is not the main character in the show. he is one of the main characters but he is not the lead. But you can't watch GOT and come away not thinking that Tyrion is very obviously carrying that show. His on screen impact can't be duplicated by the other cast members. He carried that show.

Carrying a film does not mean that all the actors in the movie suck except for one. It means that there is an actor or actress in that film who's playing their role at an elite level above everyone else and the film would not be received the same if they weren't performing the way that it was.

It's like Game of Thrones. Tyrion is not the main character in the show. he is one of the main characters but he is not the lead. But you can't watch GOT and come away not thinking that Tyrion is very obviously carrying that show. His on screen impact can't be duplicated by the other cast members. He carried that show.

Are you making the claim that the bold applies to Mr. Boseman in Black Panther?

Some folks were saying T’Challa got outshined by alot of the other characters in his own film!

Honestly he did. And that's why I don't understand yall niggas being up in arms about the T'Challa role being recasted. Chadwick bodied only one scene in the entire movie. Numerous actors/characters outshined him.

I don't understand what's funny????

I don't think Letitia is a strong enough actress yet to be the lead role in a film as big as Black Panther 2. Maybe after a few more installments and some other projects that would change. How is that funny?

?????

Yes???

He bodied that role. You could feel that it was him under the suit. His on screen swag was undeniable.

You may want to rewatch the movie. A bunch of people believe MBJ outshined him. He(Mr. Boseman) damn sure didn't outshine Danai or Lupita.

Last edited:

Bruh what's funny is the Tyrion analogy you used, the majority of folks would say that about Shuri.

Y'all are focusing on actors too much and not the characters. Shuri as a character, isn't ready to become the Black Panther. She was a supporting character, they need flesh her out a bit more and show her developing. T'Challa as a character, hasn't done enough to be killed off. If they're going to have Shuri take his place, they need a natural way to do it.

I don't doubt the actors. Shit, you could get Angela Bassett a stunt double and have her take over as BP. But it's got to make sense from a story and character perspective.

View attachment 351446

View attachment 351447

So. Much. Talent

Black is beautiful

If Marvel has shown us anything over the last 12 years, is that they have a strong enough foundation to have almost any one be a lead.

RDJ was damn near blacklisted when he got Ironman, and folks had to beg to get him hired.

A LOTTA folks was skeptical about Pual Rudd

Chris Pratt wasn't a sure thing when he got GOTG

I'm sure most MF never even heard of Chris Hemsworth & Tom Holland b4 they got Thor & Spidey

Y'all saying Shuri can't carry a film is based off nothing
You disrespect the Marvel casting team’s skills to identify people who can fit the role perfectly. It didn’t matter what those people had done, it’s what they knew they could do.

I don’t think Marvel will feel that way Letitia. But if they do, they’ll cast her. And if they cast her, she’ll be great.

I guess it’s yet to be seen, but I stand by my stance wholeheartedly.

You disrespect the Marvel casting team’s skills to identify people who can fit the role perfectly. It didn’t matter what those people had done, it’s what they knew they could do.

I don’t think Marvel will feel that way Letitia. But if they do, they’ll cast her. And if they cast her, she’ll be great.

I guess it’s yet to be seen, but I stand by my stance wholeheartedly.

:niggawhat:.....How was showing that Marvel can pluck non-leading actors, and pretty much turn them into superstars. Disrespecting Marvels casting.

:niggawhat:.....How was showing that Marvel can pluck non-leading actors, and pretty much turn them into superstars. Disrespecting Marvels casting.
You giving the writers, producers, and directors all the credit for taking just anybody and making them great.

Nah, the casting folks can identify who will body the role no matter what.

You giving the writers, producers, and directors all the credit for taking just anybody and making them great.

Nah, the casting folks can identify who will body the role no matter what.

CJLsXKo.png
....quote where a named a single writer, producer, or director.

Also for the record those, folks can have a big hand in who gets cast for a movie, especially producers and directors.

Back