Welcome To aBlackWeb

there will def be a big tribute to Chadwick

but im leaning towards Marvel deciding to recast T'Challa

the death is very tragic...however "The show must go on"
I have a feeling that will happen too. Marvel is known for planning a lot of these films at the very least a few years in advance. Chances are their overall plan moving forward is set and while changes happen all the time, Tchalla is probably involved a good amount and removing him would cause a lot of reworking.

Stephan James. He's played black icons in movies such as Jesse Owens and John Lewis. He co-starred in a movie with Chadwick. he looks the part and has the skills. Their movies also seem a little similar.

21+Bridges+New+York+Screening+i39HngKfuCLx.jpg

race-featured1.jpg

If_Beale_Street_Could_Talk_film.png

DSF-BealeStreet.jpg

Gnh0oF56qJLl.jpg

Damn it's fucked up homie is really gone. Shit hitting me again.

If they're gonna replace him they should get an African actor. Especially since african americans hate non american black actors playing american roles. We should keep it fair.

I think Stephan James would body that role. He also seems like a dude that Chadwick would be cool with taking the role. It's crazy how Chadwick played Jackie Robinson and Stephan played Jesse Owens. Then Chadwick played Thurgood Marshall and Stephan played John Lewis. If Beale Street Could Talk was a great film too. He looks to be able to handle an action role. They had great chemistry in 21 Bridges too.

Y’all really are downplaying Chad’s appeal as the Black Panther, lol. You think it was just Wakanda and supporting actors that brought people to the theater?

Chad’s acting ability and regal swagger as T’Challa and the Black Panther was the main draw for people. Even though you couldn’t see him in the suit you could still hear him and you imagined him being under there. Everything else pushed it to another level which made it a cultural phenomenon and not just a great movie.

But you do the movie the exact same but replace Chad with Letitia and it’s not going to hit the same. Cinematically or commercially.

Put Lupita there though then you’re onto something.

Seems like you're kinda missing my point a little. In my opinion, Chadwick played T'Challa to perfection. That's why I don't believe they should replace him, the same way I wouldn't want to see anyone else play Ironman. As far as what brought people to the theater, it being a MCU movie and it being the first superhero movie with a 99% black cast were what drew people to the theater. You're deluding yourself if you think Chadwick was the major draw. He had definitely established himself in Civil War, but his name did not ring loud enough to make a billion dollars. That's ridiculous. And you can go read or watch any review of the movie you want, and you're going to see comments about the rest of the case being as strong or stronger than BP was in the movie. In fact, a lot of people went so far as to criticize it for BP not standing out more. Letitia in particular was singled out as a stand out. In fact, after the movie, people were clamoring to see more of her and hoping they would put her in Spiderman. Lupita's character was liked, but nobody was begging for her to be in more films.

Seems like you're kinda missing my point a little. In my opinion, Chadwick played T'Challa to perfection. That's why I don't believe they should replace him, the same way I wouldn't want to see anyone else play Ironman. As far as what brought people to the theater, it being a MCU movie and it being the first superhero movie with a 99% black cast were what drew people to the theater. You're deluding yourself if you think Chadwick was the major draw. He had definitely established himself in Civil War, but his name did not ring loud enough to make a billion dollars. That's ridiculous. And you can go read or watch any review of the movie you want, and you're going to see comments about the rest of the case being as strong or stronger than BP was in the movie. In fact, a lot of people went so far as to criticize it for BP not standing out more. Letitia in particular was singled out as a stand out. In fact, after the movie, people were clamoring to see more of her and hoping they would put her in Spiderman. Lupita's character was liked, but nobody was begging for her to be in more films.

No

I don't think niggas know how important T'Challa/BP is to this upcoming Phase and the MCU. He has to be recast. Shuri as BP is some Disney+ shit, cut it out.

How important is he? Have you seen articles elaborating on this? And Shuri as BP is Marvel canon, a fact that has been pointed out repeatedly.

Comic precedent and MCU precedent are two totally different things.

The plot threads right now just aren't there to go full-on Shuri as the new BP....UNLESS they start sewing seeds in the new phase as end credits scenes or begin to crossover in other movies earlier in the release schedule. (The same way Chadwick made his debut in Cap 3.)

Comic precedent and MCU precedent are two totally different things.

The plot threads right now just aren't there to go full-on Shuri as the new BP....UNLESS they start sewing seeds in the new phase as end credits scenes or begin to crossover in other movies earlier in the release schedule. (The same way Chadwick made his debut in Cap 3.)

What are these plot threads that you speak of?

Reports are coming out that neither Ryan Coogler nor Kevin Fiege knew about Chadwick's illness. He had Hope's of beating cancer and continuing the role. So unless they had plans of replacing him with shuri part 2 bout to be delayed indefinitely

How important is he? Have you seen articles elaborating on this? And Shuri as BP is Marvel canon, a fact that has been pointed out repeatedly.

Niggas either talking out of their asses right now or have forgotten the response to that movie. There was as much or more praise for Leticia's performance in the movie as there was for Chadwick's. They could absolutely continue the franchise with Shuri over T'challa given that Boseman cannot play the part.

Niggas either talking out of their asses right now or have forgotten the response to that movie. There was as much or more praise for Leticia's performance in the movie as there was for Chadwick's. They could absolutely continue the franchise with Shuri over T'challa given that Boseman cannot play the part.
The praise for Letitia was as the loveable smart little sister. Put her in Chad’s role as the lead and see how fast that praise falls.

LOL Y'all niggas have no idea what you're talkin about. In this climate a black woman taking on the mantle as a major superhero especially a character who received as much praise as Shuri would be huge. How exactly would THAT fail? It would be a different vibe, one that doesn't take away from the bar Chadwick raised. Actually that would probably drive the hype even more so. This isn't rocket science especially considering the fact Shuri becoming BP HAS happened. Alot of yall just woman hatin deep down.

His sister has been the Black Panther b4 lol. Da hell is wrong with yall?

Niggas be so weak sometimes they cant even fictionally imagine a woman leading, even if it's for a short period of time

This is what misogyny looks like

Even in the article @Lou Cypher posted it said a lot of fans would like to see Shuri take the mantle as Black Panther. Lmao.

Sadly it's looking like your statement may actually be true for a good portion of the folks posting in this thread. SMH

Back