Welcome To aBlackWeb

I dont mind captain marvel at all, she was cool in the movie to me, but i think if wonder woman wasnt as successful and praised like it was, then we damn sure wouldnt have seen a stand alone movie for her, would she still been in a movie at some point? Sure, but a standalone movie? Nah, just a random thought lol

So how does this credit scene prove @Mister point?

Well for one.. it would take some time for the remaining Avengers some time to get back from Wakanda to the Avengers Headquarters to regroup.

Would take some time for them to actually look into Furys last known location and find the beeper thing.

Would take some time for them to figure out how to power the thing after the battery died.

Would take some time for them to debrief Captain Marvel once she got there and give her some intel on where The Guardians ship might be located.

So its not just like CM was just flying around and randomly came across Tony n Nebula. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel first appeared in 1968 and became the first Captain Marvel in 1977 issue of Ms. Marvel #1

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Danvers

Nigga sit down SMMFH

Again the producers for this movie wanted to create a female avenger that young girls could look up to who was the most powerful and could take on Thanos. The other shit is irrelevant, what you wanted and what they did are two separate things.

Nigga... READ the article before you come quoting shit. It lays it out in the first goddamned paragraph of her history:

"The character debuted in Marvel Super-Heroes #13 (March 1968) by writer Roy Thomas and artist Gene Colan. In the story, she is an officer in the United States Air Force and Security Chief of a restricted military base, where Danvers meets Dr. Walter Lawson, the human alias of alien Kree hero Captain Marvel.[5] In a later story, Danvers is caught in the explosion of a Kree device after trying to get close to Captain Marvel.[6]"

The bolded means there was a Captain Marvel BEFORE her. Her history is laid out right there in front of you and you're either too stupid to read it, or too braindead to comprehend the words you ARE reading.

How was she "Captain Marvel" in '77 when Mar-Vell didn't die until '82? It even says her first name was Ms Marvel.
When did she have a chance to take the name when Monica was introduced as the new Captain Marvel only months after Mar-Vell died?
It couldn't have happened before Genis-Vell took the name because for a time both he AND Monica was using it, ending with her giving up the name because it was pretty much his birthright even though he said she was more worthy of the name than he was.

You're either as dense as a black hole or trolling at this point.

Come on bro, you know white women are Canada's number one resource. @Sion is on some clown shit just like the GoT thread.

Anyway.. there's plenty of plausible ways Captain Marvel coulda found Tony and Gomorrah. No sense dragging that "she randomly stumbled upon the ship" narrative any further
Who? That's not how you spell Gamora or Nebula (the person with Tony) lol

Why are people talking so much about a character who was barely in the movie? Lmao.

Thanos gave Captain Marvel hands just like he gave everyone else. She showed up to assist at the right time and didn't over shadow any of the other characters in my opinion.

I can kinda understand why some people thought it was cheesy when all the ladies represented in the final battle but I find it strange that nobody vocally had the same issue in Infinity War when Okoye, Black Widow, and Scarlet Witch was fighting Proxima Midnight. I thought it was a cool nod to all the female characters they have introduced to the MCU and I'm sure a ton of little girls were thrilled to see heroes that look similar to them putting in work.

Nigga... READ the article before you come quoting shit. It lays it out in the first goddamned paragraph of her history:

"The character debuted in Marvel Super-Heroes #13 (March 1968) by writer Roy Thomas and artist Gene Colan. In the story, she is an officer in the United States Air Force and Security Chief of a restricted military base, where Danvers meets Dr. Walter Lawson, the human alias of alien Kree hero Captain Marvel.[5] In a later story, Danvers is caught in the explosion of a Kree device after trying to get close to Captain Marvel.[6]"

The bolded means there was a Captain Marvel BEFORE her. Her history is laid out right there in front of you and you're either too stupid to read it, or too braindead to comprehend the words you ARE reading.

How was she "Captain Marvel" in '77 when Mar-Vell didn't die until '82? It even says her first name was Ms Marvel.
When did she have a chance to take the name when Monica was introduced as the new Captain Marvel only months after Mar-Vell died?
It couldn't have happened before Genis-Vell took the name because for a time both he AND Monica was using it, ending with her giving up the name because it was pretty much his birthright even though he said she was more worthy of the name than he was.

You're either as dense as a black hole or trolling at this point.

There are a few schools of thought regarding captain marvel.

1. The whole "this movie was made for girls so men can't criticize it" angle. They succeeded where Ghostbusters 2016 failed. They tried to say men didn't like the movie because it was women leading when in reality shit was just trash. They gave themselves a preemptive excuse in case of negative reviews. Disney is just a bigger machine and CM wasn't COMPLETE garbage.

2. Monica Rambeau. While Carol existed and got her powers before her, the timegap was marginal. Monica also had the title of Captain Marvel well before danvers did.

3. Shoehorning. Putting deus ex marvel into the MCU as someone who had been active all tis time but not mentioned or contacted until will seem questionable. even moreso inflating her importance in the MCU looks desperate.

4. Brie Larson. There are those who take issue with her as a person. She's seen as an SJW extremist and perpetual victim feminist who left that stench on her character and movie.

5. Carol Danvers. It seems like she is not a very likeable character across multiple mediums. Most people cite the comic event Civil War 2 when referring to Carol as a raging hormonal bitch who is arrogant and irrational to the point of arresting Miles Morales for a crime he had not committed but was predicted to do.

Why are people talking so much about a character who was barely in the movie? Lmao.

Thanos gave Captain Marvel hands just like he gave everyone else. She showed up to assist at the right time and didn't over shadow any of the other characters in my opinion.

I can kinda understand why some people thought it was cheesy when all the ladies represented in the final battle but I find it strange that nobody vocally had the same issue in Infinity War when Okoye, Black Widow, and Scarlet Witch was fighting Proxima Midnight. I thought it was a cool nod to all the female characters they have introduced to the MCU and I'm sure a ton of little girls were thrilled to see heroes that look similar to them putting in work.

You might want to rewatch that fight. He grabbed that power stone for a reason.

I keep forgetting my daughter hasn't seen it. I've almost spoiled it multiple times. My other three have seen it and it's killing me that we can't discuss it in our group chat. She better hurry the hell up.

5. Carol Danvers. It seems like she is not a very likeable character across multiple mediums. Most people cite the comic event Civil War 2 when referring to Carol as a raging hormonal bitch who is arrogant and irrational to the point of arresting Miles Morales for a crime he had not committed but was predicted to do.

I can't think of a time where I ever rocked with her. I fucked with plenty of female characters back inna day like Dani Moonstar, Phoenix (Rachel Summers), Boom Boom, and Monica's Captain Marvel but Ms Marvel just seemed like a shitty character.

I was pleasantly surprised they didn't overdo it with Captain Marvel. Even updated that wack costume.

I lost it when Steve picked up Mjolnir and gave Thanos that work for a little bit.

Back