Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Marvel Movies Are Not Cinema"- Martin Scorsese

Sounds salty. I am sure the same was said about Staw Wars. I remember those two critics saying video games were not art.

Nigga played a coon and now he's in this trash, talk about going in a downward spiral career wise

tenor.gif

i bet most of these niggas complaining about comic movies aint even paying to see ANY fuckin movies anyway. prolly all up in the gang thread waiting for a HQ copy to drop n shit

To be real thats why a lot of movies aint getting the green light.

Ppl go see Superhero movies because the movie experience is top notch for that type of movie like @BDBIID said.

A movie like the Irishman or John Wick can feel the same at the movies and at home.

But seeing Godzilla at the movies is the only way to watch that shit and thats where the money at.

Most of the separate marvel movies were popcorn action flicks but so far soldier civil war , the first avenger w infinity war and end game was art. The first avengers movie, iron, man, both guardians of the galaxy movies Thor random etc were cheesy popcorn flicks bot that does not mean that they went enjoyable

Wonder woman was art ,joker was art aqua man was popcorn action, shazam was some where between popcorn and heart felt family movieetc.

Now let's talk about the stink bombs, Thor dark world, green lantern, xmen last stand, the first dare devil movie, xmen apocalypse and dark phoenix suicide squad, justice league, and iron man 2 b s were all duds. Vomit loke this is the reason Scorsese doesn't take super hero fulfills seriously.

To be real thats why a lot of movies aint getting the green light.

Ppl go see Superhero movies because the movie experience is top notch for that type of movie like @BDBIID said.

A movie like the Irishman or John Wick can feel the same at the movies and at home.

But seeing Godzilla at the movies is the only way to watch that shit and thats where the money at.

Being honest I didn't take that into account. I would say that probably does play a part in all of this. More than likely a small part but a part none the less.

Most of the separate marvel movies were popcorn action flicks but so far soldier civil war , the first avenger w infinity war and end game was art. The first avengers movie, iron, man, both guardians of the galaxy movies Thor random etc were cheesy popcorn flicks bot that does not mean that they went enjoyable

Wonder woman was art ,joker was art aqua man was popcorn action, shazam was some where between popcorn and heart felt family movieetc.

Now let's talk about the stink bombs, Thor dark world, green lantern, xmen last stand, the first dare devil movie, xmen apocalypse and dark phoenix suicide squad, justice league, and iron man 2 b s were all duds. Vomit loke this is the reason Scorsese doesn't take super hero fulfills seriously.

while i agree about the duds.. scorsese aint see NONE of that shit so his opinion is null and void on the subject

Movies were built from popcorn flicks. All those old comedy movies and Western movies were popcorn flicks. It was not until the mid 70s when movies got more complex but cinema is about directing, effects, camera work and editing. I took a course on cinema and learned a lot about its history and evolution. Scorsese does not decide what is cinema. If he wants to say they are not good cinema, that is his opinion, but he has to watch them to have that opinion.

What make irrelevant to you?

Marvel movies are more missed than hit IMO but some are really good.

Its just like any movie is made though so to say its not real cinema is dumb as fuck

Captain Marvel was irrelevant in comics though

In the 70's until his death in the early 80's, Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) was a very relevant character and fairly well known. "The Death of Captain Marvel" graphic novel was a pretty big deal too, shit was in the news and in the papers in the same was that "The Killing Joke" was.

I understand where he's coming from and I agree with him for the most part but a few of them are great movies. Batman (1989), Dark Knight, and Joker.

Seems like people are more mad that comic book movies draw audiences and the movies they champion don't.

Like someone pointed out, there are two companies producing the vast majority of these movies. Through studios who aren't shelving dramatic films to put these movies out. They're just bringing the characters they own to film and streaming services.

And what percentage of theaterical releases do comic book movies account for? 1%?

Last edited:
Nigga... Fuck his opinion.

Tarantino gets shitted on for his use of the n word (and rightfully so) but Scorsese uses similar tropes in his films and not once have I ever heard anybody say anything negative about his direction.

He's never had a strong black lead in any of his films but yet niggas put him on a pedestal.

He don't like all that diversity in comic movies that's what it is. Hating ass

Nigga... Fuck his opinion.

Tarantino gets shitted on for his use of the n word (and rightfully so) but Scorsese uses similar tropes in his films and not once have I ever heard anybody say anything negative about his direction.

He's never had a strong black lead in any of his films but yet niggas put him on a pedestal.

He don't like all that diversity in comic movies that's what it is. Hating ass
Boom goes the dynamite

Everybody has an opinion and they are free to Express their opinion but they must be aware and understand that there may and most likely will be consequences.

Samuel L. Jackson pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter very concisely.

I will say that all the people trying to say that it's too many comic films coming out every year might have a bit of a point but honestly 4 to 5 movies a year isn't too bad. Especially when it isn't the same companies putting out the movies a year. I'm afraid that other studio's might try and do more stuff with all the news of these streaming sites purchasing the IP to different comic titles. Still there are plenty of other genres of movies and shows coming out on the big and small screen every year to keep folks with varying taste satisfied.

Back