Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Marvel Movies Are Not Cinema"- Martin Scorsese

LOL at nerds being shocked that Scorsese calls superhero films trash. Cry and shout all you like but it's one person's opinion (who just happens to have made some of the greatest films in cinema).

Cinema is a big field and superhero films just happen to be dominating the blockbuster area at the monent, get over yourselves and enjoy the trash that you've got.

Who's crying and shouting tho? Sounds like yall niggas that hate comic book movies are the ones that are offended and screaming the most about it.

And my question still remains unanswered....

For those of yall that agree with Martin... i'd be interested to know how yall define cinema

The first one was good as fuck though.

Oscar worthy?

giphy.gif

Scorsese has a point. The complaints should really be with the big money folks who green light all these comic book movies. Because they make so much money that is really the only shit that get big budgets, promotions and easily green lighted.

Some of the comic book movies are good but they are just as easily over saturating the market with that shit.

Scorsese has a point. The complaints should really be with the big money folks who green light all these comic book movies. Because they make so much money that is really the only shit that get big budgets, promotions and easily green lighted.

Some of the comic book movies are good but they are just as easily over saturating the market with that shit.

Logan, Kick-Ass, Scott Pilgrim vs The World and The Dark Knight Trilogy - some examples of great comic book films that aren't trash cinema.

Marvel and DC films are mass produced, mass consumed entertainment that is ultimately bland and easily forgotten. There's nothing wrong with that if you're into these films (and they have their audience), but let's call the films what they are. I won't pretend they're the best that cinema can offer because I know they are not. Far too many good films around the world gets released each year for me to pretend this trash is somehow as great as cinema gets.

When The Irishman can't even get funding from a major studio and a streaming company has to step in, yet we get the 7th Spider-Man film in 17 years then you know Hollywood is fucked. You can't blame Scorsese's frustration - these comic nerds need to wind their neck in.

Last edited:
When The Irishman can't even get funding from a major studio and a streaming company has to step in, yet we get the 7th Spider-Man film in 17 years then you know Hollywood is fucked. You can't blame Scorsese's frustration - these comic nerds need to wind their neck in.

Yup.

And we'er getting a 3rd rendition of Goodfellas from Scorsese in the same time frame.

What's your fuckn point.

If you haven't seen them, you cant truly speak on why they are supposedly bad for the industry
Do I really need to see that the big bad super villain shows up with unbelievable powers and the only way to defeat him is to call other people with unbelievable powers to take the villain down Rinse and repeat for the last 10 or so years. The same exact movie with the same exact cast, there is nothing original about these movies

Yup.

And we'er getting a 3rd rendition of Goodfellas from Scorsese in the same time frame.

What's your fuckn point.

So you've already seen The Irishman? Tell me more.

So we are now saying Goodfellas and The Irishman are just the same characters with the exact same plot churned out by Hollywood for sole purpose of making as much money in the shortest space of time to be replaced by another mob film three months later?

Comparing Goodfellas and The Irishman to The Spider-Man films is really reaching a new low. Which of those films are you going to be still talking about in ten years time? No one is even talking about the last Spider-Man man film and that only came out three months ago.

So you've already seen The Irishman? Tell me more.

So we are now saying Goodfellas and The Irishman are just the same characters with the exact same plot churned out by Hollywood for sole purpose of making as much money in the shortest space of time to be replaced by another mob film three months later?

Comparing Goodfellas and The Irishman to The Spider-Man films is really reaching a new low. Which of those films are you going to be still talking about in ten years time? No one is even talking about the last Spider-Man man film and that only came out three months ago.

It another movie about Mobters.

Like I said he shit ain't that fuckn deep.

Do I really need to see that the big bad super villain shows up with unbelievable powers and the only way to defeat him is to call other people with unbelievable powers to take the villain down Rinse and repeat for the last 10 or so years

You're distilling down the plot to its most simplistic form. I'm sure I could do the same with some of yalls favorite movies..

Italian gangsters doing some illegal shit... unexpected betrayal... retribution... evasion of cops etc etc. Rinse and repeat.

All movies to a certain extent are a bit formulaic.. but if they can present it in different ways and use different cinematic techniques.. thats what makes it enjoyable imo.

Back