Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lupe's Obsession w/ Kendrick Continues

so, you think him mentioning Kdot in what...half a bar is him continuing to think about him?

i just dont understand the logic

If that was a 1 time thing, then ofc not. But once you couple that with the tons of tweets, the diss record, the interviews, it looks bad. The nigga's obsessed.

@AP21 man. ...

giphy.gif

You kept it steadfast with Lupe the whole thread. I appreciate the energy

Props my nigga

What I don’t understand is why niggas keep implying that K Dot and Lupe are carbon copies of each other.

One Emcee
  • Hails from Compton/ endorsed by Dre
  • Has a catalog in large part glorifying gang affiliation/ drug consumption
  • Liberally uses Urban Production geared towards large scale appeal
The other
  • Has no street credibility to speak of
  • Has a catalog almost entirely devoted to “backpack rap”/deeper societal meaning
  • Favors more artistic production/ pop artist features; less mass appeal

The only real similarity is a small intersection of “conscious rap”.

The differences in their success and respective audience base should not be a surprise.

What I don’t understand is why niggas keep implying that K Dot and Lupe are carbon copies of each other.

One Emcee
The other
  • Has a catalog almost entirely devoted to “backpack rap”/deeper societal meaning

The differences in their success and respective audience base should not be a surprise.

If the bold is what you have gotten from Kendrick's albums, I'd suggest you take another listen.

I didn’t say that is what I took away from his albums. I said that those elements are present in his music; unlike the artist he is being compared to.

I didn’t say that is what I took away from his albums. I said that those elements are present in his music; unlike the artist he is being compared to.

If you had said the bold I would have kept it pushing. What you said was, "Has a catalog in large part glorifying gang affiliation/ drug consumption". That is why I said what I said. If that wasn't want you meant, cool.

All you have to do is go back and listen to his lyrics, fam... You’ll find mention of drugs and crime in the first person.

full

It’s not a knock on him by the way. K dot one of my favorite rappers out.

It’s just facts that differentiate him from Lupe.

One Emcee
The other

Lupe was never a super thug Mafioso drug lord, but his time on the west side is vouched for.

All you have to do is go back and listen to his lyrics, fam... You’ll find mention of drugs and crime in the first person.

full

It’s not a knock on him by the way. K dot one of my favorite rappers out.

It’s just facts that differentiate him from Lupe.

If you don't find a difference in 'mentioning' and 'glorifying' then therein lies our misunderstanding.

One Emcee
The other

Lu used to be in the streets but he had a change of heart and decided to be more positive for the youth or some shit like that.

He wasn't always rapping about robots and whatever else he gets pinned with

Lu used to be in the streets but he had a change of heart and decided to be more positive for the youth or some shit like that.

He wasn't always rapping about robots and whatever else he gets pinned with

Dope.

I legit didn’t know this.

I stand corrected. Appreciate y’all dropping knowledge.

Dope.

I legit didn’t know this.

I stand corrected. Appreciate y’all dropping knowledge.

His boy, Chilly, that he always shouting out, was a kingpin in moving H and is the co-founder of 1st & 15th. They used to run together.

I actually think he almost got knocked for it too.

Btw Lupe is right. Once damn came out and the word was to play it backwards I already knew what time it was. Big Kendrick fan though.

How yall lupe fans and I know more about lupe shit than yall? lol

AP didnt know about the kdot mentions in that kap song, this nigga doesn't know about the kdot diss.

Yall talk about this nigga like a the big bad wolf and he dropped a trash ass diss. Shit was so wack even his fans tryna pretend it never happened or they say they never heard of it lmaoo but he's a killer? lmaoo man pls

Back