Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lupe's Obsession w/ Kendrick Continues

Wack ass bars masked by multis and yall niggas love this shit lol

This shit was dope. It'll take me a couple listens to get everything, (it always does) but I enjoy lyricism like this.

I put it to niggas like this: Music is art. But if I were to talk about rap like it was artwork, in a classical sense, then I feel like Kendrick is Rembrandt and Lupe is Picasso.

Most of the time, you aren't gonna look at a Picasso and get it all right away. Hell, you might not get it all. But some people enjoy and appreciate that style of art because of it being so abstract and up for interpretation.

Kendrick is Rembrandt. Where Picasso was about the abstract, Rembrandt is straightforward. The beauty in Rembrandt's work was HOW it was painted. The way he blended the oil. The brush strokes. The perfection in the application of colors.

Two totally different artists that are legendary and timeless and renowned for what they do. They both just go about it in different ways.

imma play devils advocate here bruh.

But Kendrick did it for a concept on one album.

Lupe actually practices with a katana in full gear and watches anime religiously. He also had a black belt in some form of martial art.

Kinda nerd status bruh. U got a better chance comparing him with RZA who also has weird obsession with kung fu flicks and dresses up in karate gear.

Then I, too, am a nerd. Just substitute a katana for a nunchaku and there ya go. Lol. People be killing me with saying "that's nerd shit" on a fuckin forum board though. Like we all aren't on a forum board, talking about music, comics, movies, sports, video games, etc. This shit is inherently nerd-like behavior!

What? Niggas got "levels of nerd" that they're accepting of? "Nah. You can be that type of nerd, but that nerd is too much."

Ctfu. Some of y'all niggas, I swear.

This shit was dope. It'll take me a couple listens to get everything, (it always does) but I enjoy lyricism like this.

I put it to niggas like this: Music is art. But if I were to talk about rap like it was artwork, in a classical sense, then I feel like Kendrick is Rembrandt and Lupe is Picasso.

Most of the time, you aren't gonna look at a Picasso and get it all right away. Hell, you might not get it all. But some people enjoy and appreciate that style of art because of it being so abstract and up for interpretation.

Kendrick is Rembrandt. Where Picasso was about the abstract, Rembrandt is straightforward. The beauty in Rembrandt's work was HOW it was painted. The way he blended the oil. The brush strokes. The perfection in the application of colors.

Two totally different artists that are legendary and timeless and renowned for what they do. They both just go about it in different ways.

Then I, too, am a nerd. Just substitute a katana for a nunchaku and there ya go. Lol. People be killing me with saying "that's nerd shit" on a fuckin forum board though. Like we all aren't on a forum board, talking about music, comics, movies, sports, video games, etc. This shit is inherently nerd-like behavior!

What? Niggas got "levels of nerd" that they're accepting of? "Nah. You can be that type of nerd, but that nerd is too much."

Ctfu. Some of y'all niggas, I swear.
lmao calm down nigga. I was joking.

but.... there is a huge difference between being exclusively in illpics or the reason than being in the anime section discussing naruto and shit

lmao calm down nigga. I was joking.

but.... there is a huge difference between being exclusively in illpics or the reason than being in the anime section discussing naruto and shit

I don't feel like there is. That just means one group of nerds wants to spend more of their free time fornicating themselves as opposed to watching Japanese cartoons. LMAO.

And that post was moreso directed at niggas like @Cain. Me and him got smoke cuz he be hatin on Bone.

I see you, nigga! You Velcro sneakered, oatmeal ass nigga! Lls.

Wack ass bars masked by multis and yall niggas love this shit lol

I'm sure it was some dope shit in there but on first listen it sound like some bullshit.

Never been a fan of that lyrical miracle shit IDC who it's from because it sound like they just rhyming for the sake of it.
I remember I got flagged like a mfer on the IC for saying

"I bomb atomically Socrates philosophies..." was wack to me

I don't feel like there is. That just means one group of nerds wants to spend more of their free time fornicating themselves as opposed to watching Japanese cartoons. LMAO.

And that post was moreso directed at niggas like @Cain. Me and him got smoke cuz he be hatin on Bone.

I see you, nigga! You Velcro sneakered, oatmeal ass nigga! Lls.

lol Bone is my favorite group too.

I know Cain be hating on them smh

Lupe fucking sucks

hes not hot

his beats are garbage

his rhyme schemes make me physically ill

Im over his pseudo intellectualism

he’s literally one notch above B.O.B in the brains department

and thats not saying much because B.O.B is fucking dumb

fake woke niggas make my ass itch

get lupe the fuck outta here

if this was the ic y'all would of chased her off for these comments a lot of bitch ass simping going on here yall riding her clitoris substantially

i said lupe was suspect niggas caught feelings but i aint say all this extra shit thats just flat out wrong

lupe be in his feelings but to call the man basically dumb but the plot of blight confused you is some fuck shit

at the end of the day Bright was a bloated, confusing story that failed at whatever half-hearted attempt it made to provide allegory for today’s racist environment.

the plot was clumsy, the dialogue was at times cringeworthy. “Fairy lives dont matter today” (nigga what?) it was all around unexciting, unconvincing and unremarkable

D-

i sat and read lupe lyrics to understand what some of you niggas got out of listening to him his rhyme schemes are phenomenal i don't fuck with his content all the time but to say its trash is you saying some shit to make you sound intelligent foh

if this was the ic y'all would of chased her off for these comments a lot of bitch ass simping going on here yall riding her clitoris substantially

i said lupe was suspect niggas caught feelings but i aint say all this extra shit thats just flat out wrong

lupe be in his feelings but to call the man basically dumb but the plot of blight confused you is some fuck shit

i sat and read lupe lyrics to understand what some of you niggas got out of listening to him his rhyme schemes are phenomenal i don't fuck with his content all the time but to say its trash is you saying some shit to make you sound intelligent foh

you niggas and this “chased off” bullshit. Sir Im 28 years old. Nobody has ever chased me off of anything whether it be the playground or the internet.

“too much simping going on” so you mean to tell me because SOME of the men on this forumn know how to have adult conversations and dont call me out my name over subjective shit like movies and music, their simping????? lmaooo Ghost youre smarter than this my guy

Lupe fans are worst than Cole, Drake, Wayne fans combined lmaooo

find better muses

And Lupe "haters" are universally the same. Completely unwilling to acknowledge the concept of objectivity and incapable of seeing the forest for the trees.

Find better excuses.

Hi definition ft snoop is one of the best tracks on there.

listen to lupe verses. Crazy display of lyricism
Fucking love Hi Definition. I be doing the electric slide to that shit.

cornbread-vows-postgraduation-QXL23pDFpvGzC
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Also Kendrick is doing Kung Fu which is Chinese and always had a pass since Bruce Lee came through and crushed the buildings

Lupe is doing some Japanese Karate Samurai shit. We all know Japan is the nerd capital of the world.

Kung Fu brought us Jackie Chan. How many famous Samurai's u know b?
Man y'all being bias AF lol let Lupe cook for doing Karate shit, but as far as his tweeting/bipolar activity get on him for that shit. As a Lupe fan I can't defend his bitchassness, however I can defend him being real to do what he wants and having classic ass albums like the Cool, T&Y and F&L

Damn near everybody on the IC is here lol Nobody's runnin anybody off, especially not anybody from the fuckin Reason. You talkin like that shit was the donkey

And Lupe "haters" are universally the same. Completely unwilling to acknowledge the concept of objectivity and incapable of seeing the forest for the trees.

Find better excuses.

That couldn't be further from the truth. There's been more than enough proof provided that lupe been on some fuck shit, there's no denying that. He dropped a trash ass diss record, there's no denying that. This thread shouldn't have made it past the 1st page if yall was keepin it a buck.

That couldn't be further from the truth. There's been more than enough proof provided that lupe been on some fuck shit, there's no denying that. He dropped a trash ass diss record, there's no denying that. This thread shouldn't have made it past the 1st page if yall was keepin it a buck.

My point exactly!!!

all the lupe haters continue to talk about the antics outside of music

thats the only thing ya'll have to go off. The lupe supporters here, have agreed with you on that point

If you wanna debate actual music, then lets go

reality is, people are too quick to give Lupe so much praise for one good album , maybe two beside that , he fell off. He couldn't/didnt/wont/cant/will never evolve as an artist and keeps letting his fans down with his headassery and mediocre material.

What are we even debating about?

ok...so we agree...what's next??

^^ was in response to Goldie.

You know what race, i disagree that he's only made one good album, but ok, the point has been made that he is not the best at crafting songs, but his mixtapes, EP projects, singles, etc...BANG.

Imagine if he was able to put the kinda music he wanted to put on the albums like Kendrick does. Im pretty sure that we arent having this conversation.

Idk why people continue to think that even good artists have troubles at their respective labels. That can really be a deterrent for making good music. But ya'll dont wanna talk about that. Could he have handled the situation better? I honestly dont know. I dont know what its like to be in the record business. Who's to say that he never tried to keep quiet for so long then just decided to say fuck it and start airing those people out at the label?

I think a lot of yall have reached the realm of no return. Basically meaning that regardless of what Lupe drops, the negativity associated with him as a whole leaves yall incapable of giving unbiased opinions.

As a fan of Lupe, I'll admit when he drops some garbage. I wasn't feeling Drogas Lite save a song or two. Lasers was trash. But if you can sit here and say with a straight face that Tetsuo & Youth was not a great album, you trippin.

Back