Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

Rate "Tha Carter 5"

• Total voters
Overall this is a good offering from Wayne. I agree with Budden and em’ about some of it being dated. He references Barak a lot and not one mention of Trump. Half the bars is from the unreleased C5. But it’s still current...somehow.

I had low expectations cause he been subpar since his last album. There’s bangers on this. Surprisingly! Damn.

True story. I had to be coerced into liking Wayne back in the Carter 1/2 days. I thought he was a fraud. But one of my favorite freestyles is on the Show Me What Yo Got beat. I was sold when I heard this.

Explain "aiming at ya head like a buffalo"
:oreally:

No troll

Aite I gave it the earnest listen ....literally walked for an hour and 30 mins w the beats by Dre’s on....solid effort ain’t really no stand out tracks imo but a lot of very good songs and he was spitting mixed w his usual dumb ass bars we can’t live without.....I think stans are in awe because this album is such a left turn from the auto tune bullshit he dropped prior to this....but son did his thing......the shit w his moms talking hit a soft spot for a nigga

Same thing most of us have been saying
Nah, there are a few people pumping it up too much, but many more that are hating on it just to hate.

I rated it as a 4, which is not a classic, but as of right now I’m calling it the AOTY.

@Goldie, quote my posts

I said that in my "review" post. Don't make me find it nigga

Same thing most of us have been saying

Foh fam, you've been preaching in here more than the lupe thread. Most? Nah, CTG is an admitted wayne hater lol

Most have been saying the album's fire and arguably album of the year, from budden's pod, to ebro's , majority on twitter.

Last edited:
Nah, there are a few people pumping it up too much, but many more that are hating on it just to hate.

I rated it as a 4, which is not a classic, but as of right now I’m calling it the AOTY.
I gave it a 3.5

Foh fam, you've been in here preaching in here more than the lupe thread. Most? Nah, CTG is an admitted wayne hater lol

Most have been saying the album's fire and arguably album of the year, from budden's pod, to ebro's , majority on twitter.
Lol stop lying brah

I gave an unbiased, non trolling, review. Let me find my post since you wanna get amnesia

Back