Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

Rate "Tha Carter 5"

• Total voters
Oh nah man

Don't look at the one or two unfavorable critiques and say that's my overall opinion of the project.

Why are you disregarding the praise I gave it? Unlike you and sion with the Lupe album, I listened to the project with open ears.

It's pretty evident whatever your feelings are about Lupe are going to sway your opinion of his projects to an unfavorable one.

I don't think there is anything critically acclaiming about C5. It's a good story for hip hop no doubt, but the album is a good album. Nothing spectacular

It's funny you get on Lupe for the same stuff by turn a blind eye to Wayne. Made no mistake about it, I'm not bashing the album. I'm not trolling in my crtique.

Y'all love it, I like it. Dassit

U wanna bet it gets better ratings than lupe's album?

U wanna bet it gets better ratings than lupe's album?
You seem to think that I care lol

I am personally enjoying lupe album more. I'll not ashamed to admit it

I sincerely hope Wayne gets all the accolades he has coming.

Y'all's praise for Wayne not gonna make me ignore how good Drogas Wave is

"I'll hang u with a clothing line (the wrestling move, double entendre)/
Wring you like an open line (u wring out the clothes before puttin them on the line/ open phone line (ring u)" /

I'm not gonna break all the bars down, if u get it u get it.

Every "line" was a bar #bars

You know what? You're right. I just wanted you to say it...

my_trap_card.jpg

That whole verse seemed awfully similar to this

And not rain like, rain man or rain like rain dance
Or rain like a slight chance of rain when it's raining
Or rein like deer slaves to Santa Claus sleigh man
But reign like Queens that reign over made man
And not Queen like Queen killer, rhapsody bohemian Queen
But Queen like white glove wave hand
And not wave hand like it's a heat wave
So you make a fan by waving your hand
I'm talking wave like you saying "hey"

@AP21 look Goldie aint keeping the same energy!

my_trap_card.jpg

I pointed that out earlier lol

Lupe Thread: I told yall niggas this shit would be dope! Instant Classic!!! If you dont like it yous a hater!
Wayne Thread: I told yall niggas he still had it! Instant Classic!!! If you dont like it yous a hater!

:foh5:

lol yall niggas need to just make the Lupe vs Wayne thread already. Shits disgusting
:hahaha:

my_trap_card.jpg

Ironically it's lupe doing a whole bunch of "like" bars, compared to wayne who was able to use similar wordplay but in a better way.

Lupe Thread: I told yall niggas this shit would be dope! Instant Classic!!! If you dont like it yous a hater!
Wayne Thread: I told yall niggas he still had it! Instant Classic!!! If you dont like it yous a hater!

:foh5:

lol yall niggas need to just make the Lupe vs Wayne thread already. Shits disgusting
:hahaha:

Im just here to press Goldie for the disrespect.

Nah but all jokes aside.

I listened to the whole album while i was cutting grass. Its cool. Miggas hyping it tho.

Ironically it's lupe doing a whole bunch of "like" bars, compared to wayne who was able to use similar wordplay but in a better way.
No, it's rain vs reign

Gave it the 91 test. It held my attention for most of the ride. Album feels like a mixtape and a studio album had a baby.

My critiques are that it's punchline heavy, eff auto-tune and I never want to hear Wayne singing/harmonizing. I wish Ashanti was left off what could have been a great song. It'll still be a hit single though.

Uproar
Mona Lisa
Open Letter
Dope Niggaz
Hittas
Took His Time
Open Safe
Dope New Gospel
Used 2
Let It All Work Out

Are the standout tracks for me after two listens.

Damn I wish I could listen to this album to give some objective criticism or praise...but I hate Wayne voice so I can’t get past only listening to Mona Lisa...

^^^I started to type that earlier today but forgot...and let me start off by saying I’m one of tha self admitted “Wayne haters” to tha point I’ve never listened to a whole Wayne album ever...now I know he can rap sometimes even tho I’m a firm believer he didn’t get hot until Gillie started writing for him/taught him how to really rap...but tha curiosity got to me nh because of this thread that I actually streamed Carter V today while I was out riding...and while I do still hate this nigga voice and probably won’t listen to anything off this album but Mona Lisa and Dope Niggaz...I can say that it’s not so much “trash” per say as much as it’s/he’s not “for me”...again nh...

Back