Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

Rate "Tha Carter 5"

• Total voters
Niggas still bring up that Gillie shit. That lets me know people ain't really listened to Wayne albums. If you really listen to his albums, he started to get lyrical when Lights Out came out. Then it got way better with the Sqad Up mixtapes. 500 wasn't that great but the lyrical potential was there then Tha Carter came out.
The Gillie shit would be more believable if Tha Carter 1 & 2 was this complete change to being strictly lyrical but it's not he built up to that way before. And all The Drought, Dedication 1, Prefix and Suffix mixtapes dropped in between.

Gave it the 91 test. It held my attention for most of the ride. Album feels like a mixtape and a studio album had a baby.

My critiques are that it's punchline heavy, eff auto-tune and I never want to hear Wayne singing/harmonizing. I wish Ashanti was left off what could have been a great song. It'll still be a hit single though.

Uproar
Mona Lisa
Open Letter
Dope Niggaz
Hittas
Took His Time
Open Safe
Dope New Gospel
Used 2
Let It All Work Out

Are the standout tracks for me after two listens.
Nigga stole my sample on Let it all work out :(

Niggas still bring up that Gillie shit. That lets me know people ain't really listened to Wayne albums. If you really listen to his albums, he started to get lyrical when Lights Out came out. Then it got way better with the Sqad Up mixtapes. 500 wasn't that great but the lyrical potential was there then Tha Carter came out.
The Gillie shit would be more believable if Tha Carter 1 & 2 was this complete change to being strictly lyrical but it's not he built up to that way before. And all The Drought, Dedication 1, Prefix and Suffix mixtapes dropped in between.

Facts especially all the mixtape shit wayne was not stopping
You telling me a nigga just ghostwriting free bars like that foh

Niggas so young out here they ain’t even realize that “ sorry boys the bar s closing where we going for breakfast” from Took His Time....is from the goat movie Carlito s Way

Sion, I'll give you a dollar if for one week, you don't mention anything about sales or hip hop purists when trying to discuss an album

Overall it was a good album..
About 6 songs too long, but I expected that when I saw it was 23 tracks. That nigga been recording 4ever, so is cool. Get that shit off your chest Wayne.

"Hungry bullets eating off your chest plate" might be the hardest line I heard all year.

Ima listen to it again n come back w a better review..maybe.

White people love lil wayne so I can’t even be mad when he attempts to make those kinda records, he knows the white folks will eat it up and that’s just more bread

@Chicity

tenor.gif

You're right fam, "Mess" is one of my favorite songs on the album now. I think i was still recovering from the only trash song on the album "demon" and didn't fully hear "Mess". Great fuckin song.

I'm trying to get on the album review early before the other publications. I'm already about 3/4 done with my review. If yall wanna add your review for the panel try to have it done by tomorrow morning.

Back