Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

Rate "Tha Carter 5"

• Total voters
This was typical Wayne though. Some clever lines here and there, a solid verse there, mixed in with some rambling here, he just did it over better beats than he’s been rapping on recently. He had some songs on there that were cool, but when I’m judging an album lyrics are factored in.

This is me

I actually liked this project to say it seemed like it would never see the light of day

It's solid but you and I share the same criticisms damn near verbatim

He definitely has some bangers and a few that probably needed a tad more seasoning.

I personally won't be running it back over and over but it was a very solid effort

I give it a 3.5

Where did I trash it Goldie?

@Chicity

tenor.gif

You're right fam, "Mess" is one of my favorite songs on the album now. I think i was still recovering from the only trash song on the album "demon" and didn't fully hear "Mess". Great fuckin song.
My nigga!

He drop a video directed by Ryan Coogler with the right cameos he a winter smash in his hands

AP I'm gonna go in when the reviews on major publications come out and rate this higher than DROGAS WAVE.... And before you gimme that "they don't know shit" excuse I just want you to know they rated Food & Liquor, The Cool and Tetsuo and Youth as "universal classics".

Nigga I been Ethering you all week and I'm just getting started nigga bitch !!! Proved to you Wayne still got it and still managed to outsell expectations AND drop a critically acclaimed album.
You like a junkie chasing a high

You need to get your fix of talking about sales and projections like a fiend needs a needle

This the same nonsense when your fellow Wayne head came in here talking about Lupe don't have no tracks you can play in the club in which you co-signed one of these tracks talking about it was something you could shake your hips to.

Sad

If niggas need a treasure map to listen to Lupe then niggas must need a "see and say" to listen to Wayne

Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but so far its decent. Like someone said, it's a mixed bag of songs.

We get it fam, u don't fuck with wayne. You're talkin shit about Sion, but you're in here doing the same shit lol
Brah, I do fuck with Wayne

I'm doing the same shit y'all been doing

You keep talking about the friends with lobsters shit, I'ma talk my shit... dassit

Metacritic is already giving Lil Wayne an average score of 7.7/10 versus 6.8/10 for Lupe Fiasco's DROGAS WAVE LOOOLOLOLLOLOLOL

AP just because he wear a kufi it don't mean dat he bright LOOOLOOLOLOLLL
Let's ask rotten tomatoes too while you're at it

Brah, I do fuck with Wayne

I'm doing the same shit y'all been doing

You keep talking about the friends with lobsters shit, I'ma talk my shit... dassit

That's true, my fault.

I'ma go back to listening to the album, yall have at it.

He's hurt fam his mother raised him that's why he's runs on emotion. I'm getting a kick out of this, ayo Goldie I robbed him yesterday while listening to King NaS just to spite him LOOLOOLLOLLOLOOLOL

He's doing what he can to salvage his dignity. AP in this thread looking flabby n sick. It's Sunday the day of rest. AP maybe you should visit the PPM and let off some steam.

View attachment 74900
How many times has Ap brought up sales...0

How many times has Ap brought up reviews...0

How many times has Ap moved the goal posts...0

Yeah man, I'm the one looking flabby

Was reading the credits, this is officially the first Carter to not be released on Cash Money. Birdman must be mad AF. What sucks tho he likely owns the rights to Wayne's past albums. On the brightside Wayne is still young enough to make more albums and make potentially more money.

He found the biggest rapper in the world and the biggest female rapper in the world, I'm sure he'll find another protege soon.

Objectively tho and as a Wayne fan I would not be surprised if he had a writer at some point. It wouldn't change my opinion of Wayne at all.

I say all that tho because of how casual Drake and his team were about the writing. He had to have gotten it from somewhere where it was accepted. I'm not saying Wayne did but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a writer once upon a time.

So many damn songs made mixtapes where he killed since 2001 so I can’t say anybody helped because he just kept spitting and you can’t have help when you putting out that much music

It’s better than Daytona because Wayne had 10 times more range with this album.

Pusha talked drug dealing for 7 tracks and nothing else. It’s drops to 3rd

Bout to give Gates a couple hours and see where it ranks.

Victory Lap
Carter 5
Daytona/Drogas Wave
Scorpion

Back