Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

Rate "Tha Carter 5"

• Total voters
Niggas in they mid 30s still checking for the clubs? Lmao....I think I’m a give it the full listen tonight...I don’t trust none of u niggas opinions lol

Nigga u said "bag lady" >>> "xxplosive"

tenor.gif

Hey man soulful harmonies and timeless songwriting>>> a bunch of niggas talking bout nothing that matters....plus I thought we didn’t listen to wife beaters lol

Hey man soulful harmonies and timeless songwriting>>> a bunch of niggas talking bout nothing that matters....plus I thought we didn’t listen to wife beaters lol

One of the most soulful niggas (nate dogg) is on the song and Dre aint even on the song.

Starting to question your hip hop IQ doggy :uk:

Lets really break this shit down. Wayne is the most nitpicked rapper of alltime. Niggas hang on every line he says. He could have a verse full of dope bars and if he says 2 bars they don't like, niggas gonna focus on those 2 bars and call the verse wack. Niggas don't do that for any other rapper.

Big boi was talkin bout "cooler than a polar bears toe nails" , if wayne said that we'd never hear the end of it. Nigga said "bent like an elbow" , if wayne says that it's corny, but that's a classic Outkast song.

95% of the time niggas dont know wtf Wutang be talkin bout, but be the same niggas callin 36 chambers and only built for cuban linx a classic, but wanna nitpick every bar from wayne.

@AP21 calls 400 Degreez a classic. Where are the introspective super lyrical bars on there?

Jay had multiple songs on reasonable doubt (cashmere thoughts, brooklyns finest, bring it on, 22 2's, etc) where he's just spitting bars, but if wayne does it, it's an issue.

Keep the same energy.
Nigga, don't bring 400 into this

Ghetto children runs laps around most of the songs on this album

Welp...he followed THAT deep song with Let It Fly

:uk:

Yall back on notice

2 things

Let It Fly is fire and "Let It All Work Out" was the last song on the album. Wth are u doing over there nigga, listening to it backwards? lol

Judah got the version from 3 years ago

Nigga, don't bring 400 into this

Ghetto children runs laps around most of the songs on this album

I'm calling out your flawed logic fam. Keep the same energy.

Juvie aint superlyrical and introspective on 400degreez and u call it a classic. Then wanna nitpick that wayne aint introspective (which he was) on the album and use that as an excuse. Shit don't add up.

I'm calling out your flawed logic fam. Keep the same energy.

Juvie aint superlyrical and introspective on 400degreez and u call it a classic. Then wanna nitpick that wayne aint introspective (which he was) on the album and use that as an excuse. Shit don't add up.
I call 400 a classic for a myriad of reasons

I don't think your issue is really with me though

Fwiw, when I hear Mona Lisa, I think of "I got a story to tell"

I must be the only one

Hadn't seen that mentioned before

I call 400 a classic for a myriad of reasons

I don't think your issue is really with me though

It's not personal, i'm just calling out your contradictions within your review.

I know yall, mainly judah is trying to get me back for the Lupe shit, it's cool. But wayne dropped the better project, that will sell the most and have the better reviews and critcial acclaim (i just read the review pitchfork and hiphopdx gave the lupe album and :yikes1:, i thought i was harsh.

A nigga from the south making NY relevant again

:hahaha:

Niggas in this bitch looking for timberlands they threw in the closet 5 years ago

Sad

@Goldie with the nosign lol

This go?

It's alive, it's alive, I'm revived, it's C5
Been arrived, kiss the sky, did the time
Please advise it is advise or be advised, and we advise
You not fuck with me and mine
And keep in mind that we don't mind losing our minds
Free your mind, read your mind, read your mind
Body take a week to find, the cops gon' be like "never mind"
What's on your mind, put the pistol to your mind and blow your mind
Control your mind, mindfreak, no sober mind, I'm so behind
But front line, you crossed the line and you better know your lines
And if you gettin' out of line, I hang you with a clothing line
Wring you like an open line, keep your stanky ho in line

It's not personal, i'm just calling out your contradictions within your review.

I know yall, mainly judah is trying to get me back for the Lupe shit, it's cool. But wayne dropped the better project, that will sell the most and have the better reviews and critcial acclaim (i just read the review pitchfork and hiphopdx gave the lupe album and :yikes1:, i thought i was harsh.
Oh nah man

Don't look at the one or two unfavorable critiques and say that's my overall opinion of the project.

Why are you disregarding the praise I gave it? Unlike you and sion with the Lupe album, I listened to the project with open ears.

It's pretty evident whatever your feelings are about Lupe are going to sway your opinion of his projects to an unfavorable one.

I don't think there is anything critically acclaiming about C5. It's a good story for hip hop no doubt, but the album is a good album. Nothing spectacular

It's funny you get on Lupe for the same stuff by turn a blind eye to Wayne. Made no mistake about it, I'm not bashing the album. I'm not trolling in my crtique.

Y'all love it, I like it. Dassit

@Goldie with the nosign lol

This go?

It's alive, it's alive, I'm revived, it's C5
Been arrived, kiss the sky, did the time
Please advise it is advise or be advised, and we advise
You not fuck with me and mine
And keep in mind that we don't mind losing our minds
Free your mind, read your mind, read your mind
Body take a week to find, the cops gon' be like "never mind"
What's on your mind, put the pistol to your mind and blow your mind
Control your mind, mindfreak, no sober mind, I'm so behind