Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Let’s Build (Vol4): Real N!gga = Street N!gga

Like don't get it twisted. I think the thug/gang/drug culture is corny and detrimental as well. I think niggaz definitely need better examples. I always take the time to chop it up with niggaz outside cuz they see me with my family, and I often get props and praises for that. So I know niggaz need to see positivity.

I'm just saying it ain't just us. They fucked up too. The media just helps them hide it

I’m refuting it exists. I’m saying it’s not glorified in white culture.

In black culture it’s cool to be a drug dealer. It’s cool to be a street nigga. That’s not the case in white culture.

There's literally an entire genre of music called Outlaw Country that is basically white people saying "fuck the police" over country melodies.

They call it an outlaw. And being an outlaw has been celebrated since Johnny cash. He shot a man just to watch him bleed.... And these white boys cheered him
That’s poor white trailer trash mfs. Im talking about regular white people. In northern Va you won’t see any of that shit, same as NY, etc.

We should be comparing ourselves to civilized white people, not the trailer trash mfs. Over here it’s just boujee, dog walking, law making, Panera eating mfs. It ain’t none of that shit you’re talking about.

Are all of these dramas?
Tyler Perry stay making corny ass drama that nobody watch.

It may be a problem that there aren't any really good quality shows like that.... But niggaz definitely try

That’s poor white trailer trash mfs. Im talking about regular white people. In northern Va you won’t see any of that shit, same as NY, etc.

We should be comparing ourselves to civilized white people, not the trailer trash mfs. Over here it’s just boujee, dog walking, lawnmaking, tutu eating mfs. It ain’t none of that shit you’re talking about.
They listen to that shit at home.
They grew up on that shit. They listen to it at their home poker games.

Trust me those white people be just as ratchet

Is that lifestyle glorified in the white community?
It’s really not.

Bruh. I moved to Texas and was in a black suburb of folks that had a nice stuff and their kids grew up with all the things they needed and wanted.

I was like what the fuck when I seen their teenage kids to dudes in their early 20s talking about blood this and blood that, acting like hood dudes.

I came from New Orleans where I seen shit I will never speak about. So when I see family rolling around in nice cars, nice houses, UTA, Texas Tech etc….license plates and their kids acting like they in the streets but going on family vacations and shit lolololol.

I have been to neighborhoods all over the DFW, white, black, Latino and it’s definitely a problem in ours the most.

It’s the well off neighborhoods that act like street culture is great that’s kills me and I don’t understand it

And we really shouldn't be comparing ourselves to them at all, cuz they be fake and phoney as shit to begin with. Lotta that structure really don't hold up when you get to the foundation.

Most black couples have sex regularly. Cuz we really love our s/o for the most part

White couples be going weeks, months, years without touching. Distanced as shit from the people they live with. But smiling in every picture together putting on a show for the world that they're perfect and we should want to be like them to get ahead.. whole time they leading the game in suicides.

Like I get it, and I'm just talking.... But we can focus on us without comparing to them. Cuz they really not much better off

Wait why did you even bring up white people when the question is catered to black people Du?

Your point is it ain’t just us but Goldie is asking About us not white people
Because the issue isn't based in blackness. Identifying what it is helps with how to effectively counter it.

If you got shot in your face, should I be looking for the bullet in your arm?

Because the issue isn't based in blackness. Identifying what it is helps with how to effectively counter it.

If you got shot in your face, should I be looking for the bullet in your arm?
Yeah….if some one asks why is _____ appealing to black people?

Idk about jumping to say “it’s appealing to whites too!!”

Because then we start talking about stone cold Steve Austin and a ratchet white party you went to

Even if you’re right I feel like you’re arguing something that will eventually take us away from the original argument too much

They listen to that shit at home.
They grew up on that shit. They listen to it at their home poker games.

Trust me those white people be just as ratchet

Exactly this. Im really confused at this idea that somehow white people "got it all together" and Black folks just inherently fucking up. It's weird as fuck that's been the consistent theme of these threads. You can critique the Black community without doing it on some "white people do it better" shit.

I’m not refuting it exists. I’m saying it’s not glorified in white culture.

In black culture it’s cool to be a drug dealer. It’s cool to be a street nigga. That’s not the case in white culture.

I disagree somewhat. White kids do think being in gangs and selling drugs are cool. That's why that music is so popular because White people buy it up. The difference is that many of them have a good enough foundation in life that they don't have to go down that road. As cool as they think that lifestyle might be, everything in their lives pushes them towards being something better.

I don't think the problem is that we promote the bad shit in our culture too much. I think the problem is we don't promote the good shit enough. We have black scientists, doctors, engineers, attorneys, etc... all doing big things, but you never hear about them. All black people promote is athletes, musicians, actors, and other entertainers.

Because then we start talking about stone cold Steve Austin and a ratchet white party you went to

Even if you’re right I feel like you’re arguing a slightly diff point

Because the question is being asked in the tone of believing somehow Black people are inherently more drawn to something when that's just not true. Some shit is just about people regardless of race. Violence being an appealing subject is one of them. It's why white women have turned true crime into a billion dollar industry when the vast majority of stories is about white women being stalked and killed.

Fill in blank with the word water....

Black people like water, because humans like water.

We're human. Why are the popular images in black culture negative. Because humans gravitate towards negative images.

Why does the black community glorify gangsters. Because humans have always glorified gangsters and outlaws.

Trying to hold ourselves to a higher standard than everyone else imo.... It's not a very way to combat this. I think the key may be in overall awareness. And to go that way you gotta look at all sides of the equation.

I disagree somewhat. White kids do think being in gangs and selling drugs are cool. That's why that music is so popular because White people buy it up. The difference is that many of them have a good enough foundation in life that they don't have to go down that road. As cool as they think that lifestyle might be, everything in their lives pushes them towards being something better.

I don't think the problem is that we promote the bad shit in our culture too much. I think the problem is we don't promote the good shit enough. We have black scientists, doctors, engineers, attorneys, etc... all doing big things, but you never hear about them. All black people promote is athletes, musicians, actors, and other entertainers.
Thinking something is cool and heavy promoting it is totally different

Back