Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kim Kardashian gets dragged for insensitive comments “Get your f--king ass up and work. It seems like nobody wants to work these days.”

You sounding like the people who try to scold others for using their leave and taking off just because

C'mon fam

Not at all. I'm saying people are getting too deep and too offended with this. She said what everybody else says. A generic "Work hard". That's why I said people are offended... they've heard this a million times before from a million other people, and nothing. But now act like it's some terrible thing to say, and insensitive to people depending on their situation.

how many people have turned being a party promoter into signing one of the arguably best emcees to ever spit a bar? (Puff)

how many people were on a record label and sat there on the shelf for years writing for others into reinventing their entire persona and making 10+ albums/mixtapes, owning several wing franchises and buying Evander Holyfield's previously owned home (Ross)

the examples are endless...but these people are the exception and NOT the rule of "working hard"

Not at all. I'm saying people are getting too deep and too offended with this. She said what everybody else says. A generic "Work hard". That's why I said people are offended... they've heard this a million times before from a million other people, and nothing. But now act like it's some terrible thing to say, and insensitive to people depending on their situation.
you keep missing the point Royalty fam...but ok

It seems like you're dedicated to missing the point. Nobody is upset. She said some condescending bullshit and people are just calling her out on it.

But since we're here and you're stuck on this narrative... why are you so upset about people being upset?

What'd she say that tons of other people didn't say? Why wasn't it condescending when others said it?

It is. As has been said to you many times already.

I appreciate the consistency in your expectations, but also call bullshit. Diddy and Ross don't get the same overwhelmingly negative reactions. I'm not doubting an induvidual...I believe @The Lonious Monk about his individual reaction to each. But I don't think that's a very common and consistent stance.

working hard and working smart is good advice though.

it may not work in your favor all of the time but still good advice

You dudes are missing the point. If she just said work hard and left it at that, no one would be complaining. The problem is that she went on to say that people nowadays don't want to work and began to imply that the difference between her family and people who haven't reached their level of success is that the Kardashians work hard and others don't. That's what people have a problem with, not just a generic statement about working hard.

You dudes are missing the point. If she just said work hard and left it at that, no one would be complaining. The problem is that she went on to say that people nowadays don't want to work and began to imply that the difference between her family and people who haven't reached their level of success is that the Kardashians work hard and others don't. That's what people have a problem with, not just a generic statement about working hard.

I’m not speaking on her.

I’m speaking about the phrase. Folks really do take offense to it.

I understand why folks are having an issue with the statement because it’s coming from her lame ass. And you’re implying the difference between her family and people that haven’t reached their success.

Certain levels of achievement really comes down to working hard and smart. From being the best at your sport to being the best welder in your state.

I’m not speaking on her.

I’m speaking about the phrase. Folks really do take offense to it.

I understand why folks are having an issue with the statement because it’s coming from her lame ass. And you’re implying the difference between her family and people that haven’t reached their success.

Certain levels of achievement really comes down to working hard and smart. From being the best at your sport to being the best welder in your state.

I can't say that I've ever heard or witnessed a backlash because someone simply said work hard.

The backlash always comes when such sentiments come from people that didn't get where they are because of hard work because those people are typically out of touch and don't have a clue about how hard the average person in this country actually works.

I can't say that I've ever heard or witnessed a backlash because someone simply said work hard.

The backlash always comes when such sentiments come from people that didn't get where they are because of hard work because those people are typically out of touch and don't have a clue about how hard the average person in this country actually works.

The advice is good advice regardless of who it came from. I think that’s @Bow to Royalty point about folks are mad because she said it.

ehhh

im trying to get paid the most amount of money while doing the least amount of work possible

im not gonna be one of these people that "hard work work" myself to an early grave to fulfill some bullshit idea of what success looks like if you "work hard".

The advice is good advice regardless of who it came from. I think that’s @Bow to Royalty point about folks are mad because she said it.

Not just that it's good advice though. She's the 1,000,000th person to say it, but not many people had a problem with people 1-999,999.

If it's fuck Kim, then just say it's Fuck Kim. Cool. But why front like the message is suddenly a problem?

ehhh

im trying to get paid the most amount of money while doing the least amount of work possible

im not gonna be one of these people that "hard work work" myself to an early grave to fulfill some bullshit idea of what success looks like if you "work hard".

Thats normally attainable once you put the work in and seed has grown. You reap the benefits of it with less work.

Or born rich. Shrugs

ehhh

Noting wrong with this, but it comes with a ceiling. That's not C-Suite talk, and everyone doesn't have C-Suite as a goal. The "work harder" motto may not apply to you depending on your goals.

I think folks are mad because she said it in what could be seen as degrading.

Dame, Puff etc have said it in a more motivating fashion, one that could potentially light a fire in some hearts.

Kim?

Might help if she never made that sex tape.

Back