Welcome To aBlackWeb

Karrueche Gets Restraining Order On Chris Brown, Says He's Abusive

Well one day Black men are going to have to deal with the fact that Black women are disproportionately affected by domestic violence.

and all this caping and defending, skepticism and questioning is why domestic violence rates and intimate partner violence rates are so high in our communities.

you rather divert accountability for men like Chris Brown instead of tackling systems that allow this type of fuck shit to happen day-in and day-out.

pathetic.

I get what ur saying, I do. but this is actually a contributor 2 why it takes an average of 7 attempts for DV victims to leave. they become isolated because either no1 knows n they fear not being believed/causing drama in their circle, or everyone already knows their partner was violent n they know they might not have sympathy or support because it's perceived that they allowed it. support is often essential when they're escaping the situation. the self blame n society saying u allowed it n "why did u stay?" doesn't empower, it has the opposite effect.

as sum1 outside the sitch, it's easy to say "u know who u we're dealing with n it cld have stopped much much sooner" n logically, u r right, but that is divorced from the reality of what's going on in the already compromised mind state of sum1 who was prolly experiencing escalating abuse for yrs. that's conditioning. n it takes time 2 undo.
And I get that... But in a public situation where the entire world is waiting for the first opportunity to jump on dude, and he's publically making your life a living hell....

You slam that nigga early.....she could a been put that nigga in jail.....

Easier said than done..okay

But seriously....this wa still long overdue

And I get that... But in a public situation where the entire world is waiting for the first opportunity to jump on dude, and he's publically making your life a living hell....

You slam that nigga early.....she could a been put that nigga in jail.....

Easier said than done..okay

But seriously....this wa still long overdue

U can't read nigga? She couldn't leave him until she got her friends and mama's approval first.

Matter fact, I need to ask my niggas if it's ok to dump my girl, brb

Why do you need support or sympathy to get out of a relationship?

If you wanna break up with somebody u gotta get ur friends approval first?
Missing the point completely.

Support comes in many forms.

Like a place to stay when u pack up ur things or come up with an exit plan.

Financial help so they don't have a papertrail of withdraws from the bank account they share with their abusive spouse.

A pep talk when ur building up to leaving n something knocks u back.

All those things can do a lot for sum1 in a vulnerable state. Something y'all seem to conveniently divorce from the situation. To get with a known abuser, the odds of u having pre-existing issues n codependency r damn near 100%. For it to escalate to severe shit, the seeds been planted. That persons been broken down, may have been prior to the relationship starting, n they gotta build themselves back up.

N the legal process of bringing an abuser to task is not an easy one. When it reached court, u cld still have the black eye n the lawyers gonna question u like u did it to urself or ask what u did to cause it. Cuz it's their job. N that's assuming u got hard evidence. If u ain't, ur lucky the police don't brush u tf off.

A lot of ppl don't even get restraining orders because they can't go through that, or they tried n faced discouragement from authorities. Going thru that when u ain't undone the damage the DV has done can reopen the wounds, n often not even amount to a conviction.

Y u gotta be so purposefully obtuse on this?

Maybe she thought he changed bc ppl sometimes do that in life.

And sometimes, they don't.
I'm pretty sure he proved her wrong quite effectively the first time he didn't keep his hands to himself.

I just wish it was with a woman who couldn't wait to go tell instead of one who took years to finally say enough is enough...

I don't even care about him getting help, the nigga need to deal with the consequences of his actions too....it's been a long time coming... Too long,

Missing the point completely.

Support comes in many forms.

Like a place to stay when u pack up ur things or come up with an exit plan.

Financial help so they don't have a papertrail of withdraws from the bank account they share with their abusive spouse.

A pep talk when ur building up to leaving n something knocks u back.

All those things can do a lot for sum1 in a vulnerable state. Something y'all seem to conveniently divorce from the situation. To get with a known abuser, the odds of u having pre-existing issues n codependency r damn near 100%. For it to escalate to severe shit, the seeds been planted. That persons been broken down, may have been prior to the relationship starting, n they gotta build themselves back up.

N the legal process of bringing an abuser to task is not an easy one. When it reached court, u cld still have the black eye n the lawyers gonna question u like u did it to urself or ask what u did to cause it. Cuz it's their job. N that's assuming u got hard evidence. If u ain't, ur lucky the police don't brush u tf off.

A lot of ppl don't even get restraining orders because they can't go through that, or they tried n faced discouragement from authorities. Going thru that when u ain't undone the damage the DV has done can reopen the wounds, n often not even amount to a conviction.

Y u gotta be so purposefully obtuse on this?

Karrueche is worth nearly a half a mill, none of that bullshit applies here, try again

I
I'm pretty sure he proved her wrong quite effectively the first time he didn't keep his hands to himself.

I just wish it was with a woman who couldn't wait to go tell instead of one who took years to finally say enough is enough...

I don't even care about him getting help, the nigga need to deal with the consequences of his actions too....it's been a long time coming... Too long,
I think most of us agree on that. Obviously the girl got some type of mental blockage that didn't allow her to make moves back then. Ijs it seems like she's gettin bashed for just that and it looks like an attack against her standing up for herself.

Well one day Black men are going to have to deal with the fact that Black women are disproportionately affected by domestic violence.

and all this caping and defending, skepticism and questioning is why domestic violence rates and intimate partner violence rates are so high in our communities.

you rather divert accountability for men like Chris Brown instead of tackling systems that allow this type of fuck shit to happen day-in and day-out.

pathetic.

Is this post towards me, ma'am?

I am not caping for Chris.

I just rather not waste my time in this thread like everyone else where we can discuss the real root cause.

If we discover how to manage the real root cause, then we can go to our congressmen and get them made into laws.

You want to make the thread "How to deal with mental illness in the black community?" or should I do it?

You moving the goal posts fam

Still trying to keep it related to the situation the thread is about.

A 5 yrs old girl getting molested by her uncle and feeling like she needed to keep it to herself shouldn't be compared to a woman who got with a man that she knew beat on women.

A 5 yrs old girl getting molested by her uncle and feeling like she needed to keep it to herself shouldn't be compared to a woman who got with a man that she knew beat on women.
U just made the victim 5. That's the very definition of moving goal posts

You right, I don't have compassion for anyone in this situation.

I am just here presenting answers to a problem, so I can get praise and look smart in front of everyone. Just joking, of course.

I just hate when people complicate a situation.

Or, repeat the same shit in a thread over and over again.

Bad shit happens, but let's make sure it doesn't happen again to anyone.

Therefore, I suggested let's make a thread about mental illness because that is the root cause here.

We need to be more proactive in dealing with people who have mental illnesses, period.

Fuck individual freedoms. If you are a harm to society, then you need to be dealt with, post haste.

About me rooting Goldie on, I post online to laugh at things like that...

Although it is refreshing to see someone express their true opinions, I necessarily don't agree with it.

Mental illness isn't the only root cause. It's enabled through societal attitudes.

That's what yall not understanding though, they both victims, no matter which way you slice it. That's the important thing here.

You right, I don't have compassion for anyone in this situation.

I am just here presenting answers to a problem, so I can get praise and look smart in front of everyone. Just joking, of course.

I just hate when people complicate a situation.

Or, repeat the same shit in a thread over and over again.

Bad shit happens, but let's make sure it doesn't happen again to anyone.

Therefore, I suggested let's make a thread about mental illness because that is the root cause here.

We need to be more proactive in dealing with people who have mental illnesses, period.

Fuck individual freedoms. If you are a harm to society, then you need to be dealt with, post haste.

About me rooting Goldie on, I post online to laugh at things like that...

Although it is refreshing to see someone express their true opinions, I necessarily don't agree with it.

Mental illness is not the cause of abuse.
That is a misconception, a common misconception.
Abuse is a choice and I think we need to be very clear and concise here.
This is about power, this is about control.
abusive behavior and mental illness are two separate things
and using his mental health issues as a scapegoat for his abusive behavior is as harmful as it is wrong.

Mental illness is not the cause of abuse.
That is a misconception, a common misconception.
Abuse is a choice and I think we need to be very clear and concise here.
This is about power, this is about control.
abusive behavior and mental illness are two separate things
and using his mental health issues as a scapegoat for his abusive behavior is as harmful as it is wrong.

Bruh is bi-polar. He does not have the best control of himself.

You don't think his mental illness amplified some of his actions?

Shit, it is hard enough for us normal people to deal with our emotions.

I am not saying that his problem is the sole reason, but it didn't help.

Have you dealt with someone that has a mental illness?

Niggas on here can tell you stories about how difficult these people are, but we are going to put that behind us.

Back