Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kanye West said Jewish people have blackballed and toyed with him and Black People are also Jewish

It wasn't that at all IMO cause he was around for years. Even if it was it was done expeditiously it's because they got an assembly line folks just waiting for the chance to replace him. If it wasn't they wouldn't use them and toss them to the trash so quickly when they might go against the grain one time.
I just remember that nigga was on my TV every day…. Some shit happened( I don’t remember) he got suspended or fired and I have not seen or heard from him since

shit until the post above I d totally forgotten bout that nigga

Reactions: GNS
I just remember that nigga was on my TV every day…. Some shit happened( I don’t remember) he got suspended or fired and I have not seen or heard from him since

Cause he a forgettable nigga! Either way if his departure was fast or slow. I think we can both agree that it's FUCK Paris Dennard!

Oh shit i forgot about him too. Didn't he have some kinda sexual harassment scandal? Lmao he got fired for that meanwhile pizza gaetz is still out here among others

I hope after that meeting with Silver that Kyrie still standing on his shit.

Irving briefly met with reporters on Thursday following the release of Silver’s statement but again refused to apologize.

“Where were you when I was a kid figuring out that 300 million of my ancestors are buried in America? Where were you guys asking those same questions when I was a kid dealing with learning about the traumatic events of my familial history and where I’m proud to come from, and why I’m proud to stand here? When I repeat myself that I’m not going to stand down, it has nothing to do with dismissing any other race and group of people,” Irving said. “I’m just proud of my heritage and what we’ve been through. The fact that this has pinned me against the Jewish community, and I’m here answering questions on whether or not I’m sorry or not on something I didn’t create. It was something I shared and I’m telling everyone I’m taking responsibility, that’s where I sit.”

Irving briefly met with reporters on Thursday following the release of Silver’s statement but again refused to apologize.

“Where were you when I was a kid figuring out that 300 million of my ancestors are buried in America? Where were you guys asking those same questions when I was a kid dealing with learning about the traumatic events of my familial history and where I’m proud to come from, and why I’m proud to stand here? When I repeat myself that I’m not going to stand down, it has nothing to do with dismissing any other race and group of people,” Irving said. “I’m just proud of my heritage and what we’ve been through. The fact that this has pinned me against the Jewish community, and I’m here answering questions on whether or not I’m sorry or not on something I didn’t create. It was something I shared and I’m telling everyone I’m taking responsibility, that’s where I sit.”
Bro is a free agent next summer

That's funny they would call him of all people for that. Cause any other time he is looked as the racist pro-black guy. Remember how upset folks got when he wore that caucasians shirt!

Yeah that's why it was funny as hell. He was basically like " I don't do that" meaning he's not afraid to be critical of Black folks in public spaces but he's also not about to be hopping on the platforms of the people who called him because he knows what they're about...

I think this is true, but I think it's good black people hold each other accountable. We need to call for other races to do the same.

I was having a discussion with this Asian dude about how Asians are fighting to end Affirmative Action, which will hurt black people to some degree. He pointed out that 70% of Asians support Affirmative Action. I asked him why no one in that 70% ever used their platform to criticize the ones that were committed to a harmful cause, and he couldn't say anything.

It doesn't matter if you don't agree with a harmful segment of your community. If you let them run wild with impunity, they are going to be able to do harm.

People have been. This was 4 years ago when the issue first started...but when someone considered a minority goes against the grain of what the majority of their group thinks it's always gonna get more play.

Yeah that's why it was funny as hell. He was basically like " I don't do that" meaning he's not afraid to be critical of Black folks in public spaces but he's also not about to be hopping on the platforms of the people who called him because he knows what they're about...

I'm a listen to his pod later today or tomorrow.

Quick question, and correct me if I'm off base...

But Kyrie supposedly promoted antisemitic material by sharing it on his social media account. So if the media, who has an infinitely wider public reach and influence, shares the fact that he shared the antisemitic material on their social media account, are they not themselves promoting the promotion of antisemitic material?

Depends on what exactly he's standing on because even he doesn't seem to be sure. In his initial back and forth he went from "I have a platform that can be used to influence people" to "I'm just a normal guy with no influence" when he couldn't explain the actual content of the documentary. It doesn't matter if he created it, he put it out there for more people to be aware of and he's gotta accept and stand on his responsibility for that. He can't be just a guy when the heat is on but be an influential person with a huge platform when it's some shit he agrees with or thinks is cool to push.

Quick question, and correct me if I'm off base...

But Kyrie supposedly promoted antisemitic material by sharing it on his social media account. So if the media, who has an infinitely wider public reach and influence, shares the fact that he shared the antisemitic material on their social media account, are they not themselves promoting the promotion of antisemitic material?
:hahaha:
Oh you thinking thinking

Depends on what exactly he's standing on because even he doesn't seem to be sure. In his initial back and forth he went from "I have a platform that can be used to influence people" to "I'm just a normal guy with no influence" when he couldn't explain the actual content of the documentary. It doesn't matter if he created it, he put it out there for more people to be aware of and he's gotta accept and stand on his responsibility for that. He can't be just a guy when the heat is on but be an influential person with a huge platform when it's some shit he agrees with or thinks is cool to push.

He did kind of accept his responsibility for that. I really just mean from like folks pressing him to say the shit they want him to say in terms of apologizing and bowing to how they feel about what he posted and has said.

People have been. This was 4 years ago when the issue first started...but when someone considered a minority goes against the grain of what the majority of their group thinks it's always gonna get more play.

I was talking more about the East Asians because that's who I really see doing all the complaining about AA, but fair enough.

He did kind of accept his responsibility for that. I really just mean from like folks pressing him to say the shit they want him to say in terms of apologizing and bowing to how they feel about what he posted and has said.

Apologizing for being wrong isn't bowing to how somebody else feels though. It's being a mature adult and accepting that you fucked up. Kyrie promoted something he either didn't fully understand at best or at worst actually agrees with but won't say it out loud so he's trying to use other methods to do it. If it's the former then yeah he should apologize for pushing that. If it's the latter then he needs to be adult enough to stand on it and say "Yeah I believe the antisemitic stuff. So what?" And deal with whatever fallout comes. But this one foot in one foot out fence riding method he's doing is just making him look like he's the kid who uses big words but doesn't actually know what they mean.

Apologizing for being wrong isn't bowing to how somebody else feels though. It's being a mature adult and accepting that you fucked up. Kyrie promoted something he either didn't fully understand at best or at worst actually agrees with but won't say it out loud so he's trying to use other methods to do it. If it's the former then yeah he should apologize for pushing that. If it's the latter then he needs to be adult enough to stand on it and say "Yeah I believe the antisemitic stuff. So what?" And deal with whatever fallout comes. But this one foot in one foot out fence riding method he's doing is just making him look like he's the kid who uses big words but doesn't actually know what they mean.

No you're misunderstanding what I'm saying with that. What I meant by the bowing statement is them not accepting him taking responsibility for what he did because he hasn't done what they telling him to do and continuing to press him about it until he does it in a way that they want him to.

If a person gives a sincere apology or really takes responsibility for what they did wrong and the offended party continues to press said person cause they not using the words they want them to or doing something that they want them to do. IMO that's wrong and a person is bowing if they do that after giving a sincere apology and/or taking responsibility for what they did wrong.

No you're misunderstanding what I'm saying with that. What I meant by the bowing statement is them not accepting him taking responsibility for what he did because he hasn't done what they telling him to do and continuing to press him about it until he does it in a way that they want him to.

If a person gives a sincere apology or really takes responsibility for what they did wrong and the offended party continues to press said person cause they not using the words they want them to or doing something that they want them to do. IMO that's wrong and a person is bowing if they do that after giving a sincere apology and/or taking responsibility for what they did wrong.

Well thats the thing about apologizing...you kinda have to cater it to the offended party. It's like the difference between saying "im sorry youre upset" vs "im sorry i upset you". Those are both apologies but 2 very different statements. Maybe they don't see his words/apology as sincere. And given how defensive Kyrie gets when pressed on things he says and what hes said so far regarding this it's not hard to see why someone would think that. Because he hasn't really done that to a full extent. He keeps deflecting to other things.

Well thats the thing about apologizing...you kinda have to cater it to the offended party. It's like the difference between saying "im sorry youre upset" vs "im sorry i upset you". Those are both apologies but 2 very different statements. Maybe they don't see his words/apology as sincere. And given how defensive Kyrie gets when pressed on things he says and what hes said so far regarding this it's not hard to see why someone would think that. Because he hasn't really done that to a full extent. He keeps deflecting to other things.

True just hope he holds if it gets to that point.

Back