Welcome To aBlackWeb

KANDY MADE THIS THREAD! Casual Racism: Is it real or made up?

I’ve always felt like people created new things to cater to those who aren’t apart of something and/or mad about something and to see casual racism have a whole definition made me think wow, I was right.

I feel like the term was manufactured so other races can feel like or become victims, which is pathetic. It's as if they want to be in a competition featuring who's seen the most cruelty or pain as a race or demographic. I've always viewed it as white logic, that "Well, what about me too?" logic.

I’ve never came on here disrespecting nobody so that definitely can’t be it.
I’ve had a couple discussions with Kandy about something off this site but have clearly tried to right my wrongs.

Yet I still get shit for just posting and kinda find that disturbing seeing I’m not like those other girls who been banned.
I don’t argue with the women here but for some reason some bitch ass men feel the need to try and knock me.

Do some of you’s need a hug?

giphy.gif

I feel like the term was manufactured so other races can feel like or become victims, which is pathetic. It's as if they want to be in a competition featuring who's seen the most cruelty or pain as a race or demographic. I've always viewed it as white logic, that "Well, what about me too?" logic.
Aka #metoo for races.

I read this shit twice.

Black people cant have shit!

The model of racism which holds that racist groups need to control the primary institutions of a country in order to act on that racism fails to account for other modes of power, such as discourse. For example, Black art which depicts Asians negatively is racist and does not require such institutional power. Similarly, nonwhite Hispanic cultural practices and beliefs which lead to discriminatory practices against Black Americans are also racist. In both examples, minority groups without much access to institutional power exhibit racism and use it to subordinate other minorities. It comes across as hypocritical to think otherwise, too. If you would call it racist for an Asian dude to say some slick shit about Black folks being criminals then it's equally racist for a Black dude to say some racist shit about Asian sexuality.

But by all means, continue trying to have a monopoly on racial oppression.

The model of racism which holds that racist groups need to control the primary institutions of a country in order to act on that racism fails to account for other modes of power, such as discourse. For example, Black art which depicts Asians negatively is racist and does not require such institutional power. Similarly, nonwhite Hispanic cultural practices and beliefs which lead to discriminatory practices against Black Americans are also racist. In both examples, minority groups without much access to institutional power exhibit racism and use it to subordinate other minorities. It comes across as hypocritical to think otherwise, too. If you would call it racist for an Asian dude to say some slick shit about Black folks being criminals then it's equally racist for a Black dude to say some racist shit about Asian sexuality.

But by all means, continue trying to have a monopoly on racial oppression.
So you believe black people can be racist?

So you believe black people can be racist?

To a lesser extent than White people, and arguably other people, yes. They can't exhibit that racism through a privatized prison system, but there are other ways to exhibit racism. It has to be that way, too. If we reject the view that Black folks can be racist then it would make no sense for there to be instances where Black folks are racist towards one another. However, we see that kind of stuff all the time.

Back