Welcome To aBlackWeb

KANDY MADE THIS THREAD! Casual Racism: Is it real or made up?

Az

Beautifully Crazy...
When you stereotype all whites, Uhm isn’t that Uhm racist?

tenor.gif

When you stereotype all whites, Uhm isn’t that Uhm racist?

tenor.gif

Racism implies someone needing to feel superior to someone else simply because of their race. It also requires a society that can back up that assertion. We can be prejudiced and bigoted all day long, but we’re in a society where we don’t have the capability to act on those prejudices.

The word has been skewed, (largely because of white people who get their feelings hurt when black people check they ass) but in the textbook definition of it, no, we’re not racist.

I love it when Az turns the other (butt)cheek

Go high when others go low AzPac

Racism implies someone needing to feel superior to someone else simply because of their race. It also requires a society that can back up that assertion. We can be prejudiced and bigoted all day long, but we’re in a society where we don’t have the capability to act on those prejudices.

The word has been skewed, (largely because of white people who get their feelings hurt when black people check they ass) but in the textbook definition of it, no, we’re not racist.

29210F5F-954D-4AB1-99A7-97917676CD29.png

It’s still a type of racism no matter what race you are...

View attachment 55498

It’s still a type of racism no matter what race you are...

I’ve never heard of “casual racism” in my 34 years of existence. Once again, it sounds like some made up shit. Made up so white people wouldn't be the only ones that could actually be called racist.

Nah. I’ll stick to Merriam’s definition of it. Thank you. You can keep whatever source that derived from for yourself.

You can no sign me all you want but you’re a perfect example of the word Casual Racism...

Thank you for participating...

Ignorant too?

Idk I see a pattern...

You can no sign me all you want but you’re a perfect example of the word Casual Racism...

Thank you for participating...

Ignorant too?

Idk I see a pattern...

*sigh* Casual racism is just being prejudiced and bigoted. What makes a racist a racist is their belief of superiority. By definition, you can’t have racism without that element. But if you wanna bring in fictional phrases to embolden your stance, who am I to stop you?

But no one here is gonna use that term to reference the fact that black people can magically become racist in a society that votes on whether or not we’re still allowed to have voting rights.

I know you’re trying to make a point, but I suggest you make it some other way. That ain’t gonna cut it for those of us that can think critically.

*sigh* Casual racism is just being prejudiced and bigoted. What makes a racist a racist is their belief of superiority. By definition, you can’t have racism without that element. But if you wanna bring in fictional phrases to embolden your stance, who am I to stop you?

But no one here is gonna use that term to reference the fact that black people can magically become racist in a society that votes on whether or not we’re still allowed to have voting rights.

I know you’re trying to make a point, but I suggest you make it some other way. That ain’t gonna cut it for those of us that can think critically.
Ok I’ll give you that, (Prejudice) it is seeing the one thing it’s missing is the feeling superior to another race...

Still scust though...

I appreciate those who chat back or rate a post just because, but it’s really funny when certain posters don’t interact with me feel the need to no-sign me but won’t ever goat or co-sign shit...

Carry on players

Btw I didn’t make this thread so post your shit at the top and claim it...

Ok I’ll give you that, (Prejudice) it is seeing the one thing it’s missing is the feeling superior to another race...

Still scust though...

I agree that it’s disgusting. But a lot of our prejudices are reactive because of the world we live in. Millions of people have said that you aren’t born disliking someone because of their race. That type of shit is taught.

Well, we’re taught how to insulate ourselves from that type of bullshit at a young age. Being prejudiced and bigoted ourselves is a form of insulation. It sucks that it’s this way, but it is what it is.

Like like water explained racism is often confused with discrimination and prejudice.

Not liking a race. Or being mean to someone or another race alone isn't racism..

Jokes, n not being invited to parties isn't racism.

You can't take the ideal of superiority out of racism and still call it racism... Cuz that's what racism is.....

Casual racism is made up cuz white people are triggered by the word and want to fight back.

Which is an hilariously ironic example of racism.

White folk feel their understanding of something is so superior that they can literally change the definition to fit their purposes and people of color are just supposed to accept it because white people are always right.

That's racism. Forcing an agenda on people who know better justj to appease the ego of those in power.

I made it a thread. However, I didn’t start the conversation. I thought it was a good topic for people to discuss in a separate thread.

:foh3:

Seen the words “certain posters” didn’t see Chicity say “name names”

Is today two sides day?

Back