Welcome To aBlackWeb

John McCain is in his final days

My only problem with him is his voting records in Congress and the Senate:

-He voted against making MLK a national holiday in 1983.......Arizona was one of the last states to recognize MLK Day
-He repeatedly voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1990

Uhhh welp there ya go

Still don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this

Has he done anything that benefited black people?

Couldn't tell ya. If he did, it was kept under wraps.

I know when he was running for president...he apologized and admitted he was wrong for voting against the MLK holiday in AZ.

A lot of his policies I didn't agree. Plus he came off as bitter wit a lot of criticism he had during Pres. Obama's era.

But one thing I can say is at least he was a common sense Republican. One of the few moderate Republicans. I'll take a moderate Republican over the current ones any day.

He only admitted he was wrong to get some blacks votes on the Mlk thing. My pops told me for years they were trying to get Mlk day voted in and he always refused

People really have been kissing old white ass of late. John McCain was one of those constantly pushing wars, the kinds that got a whole generation caught up in their own Vitetnam. McCain who snitched when captured cost how many lives thanks to Iraq?

My only problem with him is his voting records in Congress and the Senate:

-He voted against making MLK a national holiday in 1983.......Arizona was one of the last states to recognize MLK Day
-He repeatedly voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1990

Technically it was one of the first. In 1986 the governor at the time created a fully recognized, paid holiday for MLK's birthday via executive order not long before he left office. The new governor that replaced him in 1987 repealed the executive order as soon as he took office. AZ didn't fully recognize it again until 1993.

HOWEVER

South Carolina, Utah, Virginia, and New Hampshire were the last four states to fully recognize it as a holiday with SC finally giving it full recognition in 2000. A lot of y'all don't know the truth behind AZ and MLK day and just let Public Enemy tell it like it wasn't. I did post something about this on the IC back some years ago I think while I was still living there but I guess it went ignored.

Couldn't tell ya. If he did, it was kept under wraps.

I know when he was running for president...he apologized and admitted he was wrong for voting against the MLK holiday in AZ.

A lot of his policies I didn't agree. Plus he came off as bitter wit a lot of criticism he had during Pres. Obama's era.

But one thing I can say is at least he was a common sense Republican. One of the few moderate Republicans. I'll take a moderate Republican over the current ones any day.
If he were truly a “moderate”, he would have voted against EVERYTHING that Trump wanted including all the extremely racist and right wing cabinet picks, judges, and policies.

He alone could have helped Democrats block EVERYTHING from Trump, like he did that one time.........

InfamousAdeptAngwantibo-size_restricted.gif

Also, I really hate how the media is giving him props for checking that old lady that called Obama a non-American Muslim at the McCain/Palin rally in 2008. If not for his campaign and Republican Party pushing that racist bullshit, that old lady would’ve never believed that shit in the first place....

RcNXFLy.gif

Last edited:
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/...nt-they-wanted-to-have-a-particular-narrative

Ward Saturday On McCain Ending Treatment: ‘They Wanted To Have A Particular Narrative’

Kelli Ward, who is running in the Republican primary this week to replace Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) in Washington, implied Saturday that the late Sen. John McCain’s (R-AZ) decision on Friday to discontinue medical treatment for his severe brain cancer — or the media coverage thereof — was purposefully timed to create “a particular narrative that they hope is negative to me.”

It wasn’t immediately clear whether the Trump-aligned, alt-right-cateringArizona Senate candidate was referring to the McCain family or the media.

Hours after the comment, McCain died.

KPNX’s Brahm Resnik captured Ward’s comment, which came in response to a Ward staffer’s Facebook post, in a screenshot:

Ward subsequently asserted: “It’s not the McCains creating a narrative – it’s the media making something out of nothing.”

If he were truly a “moderate”, he would have voted against EVERYTHING that Trump wanted including all the extremely racist and right wing cabinet picks, judges, and policies.

He alone could have helped Democrats block EVERYTHING from Trump, like he did that one time.........

InfamousAdeptAngwantibo-size_restricted.gif

Also, I really hate how the media is giving him props for checking that old lady that called Obama a non-American Muslim at the McCain/Palin rally in 2008. If not for his campaign and Republican Party pushing that racist bullshit, that old lady would’ve never believed that shit in the first place....

OR4VJSl.jpg

Well compared to the current GOP...yeah he's a moderate in their eyes.

And like I said b4, he's a warhawk. Him and his buddy Lindsey Graham.

https://www.mediaite.com/donald-tru...n-hero-wont-say-if-trump-will-attend-funeral/

Sarah Sanders Calls McCain ‘American Hero,’ Won’t Say if Trump Will Attend Funeral

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders declined to say on Sunday if President Donald Trump plans on attending the funeral of Senator. John McCain(R-Az.)

McCain died on Saturday after a battle of an aggressive form of brain cancer.

TMZ caught up with Sanders as she left Reagan National Airport.

Responding to a shouted question by a reporter, Sanders first said that McCain’s death was a “great loss for our country.”

She was then asked about Trump sending his condolences and if Trump planned on attending the funeral.

“I’ll keep you posted,” she replied.

The reporter then asked if she, personally, planned to attend the funeral.

“Absolutely,” she said, before calling McCain an “American hero.”

Months ago, it was reported by The New York Times that as per McCain’s wishes, Vice President Mike Pence would attend but not Trump.

Former presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush, however, are both expected to speak at the funeral.

Back