Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jermaine Dupri Calls For Increased Profiling In Atlanta Mall

Said it a few weeks ago, but I'm slowly starting to see the perspective of the...."what about black-on-black crime"....crowd.

and what perspective is that? because the only thing the ”Black on Black” crowd does is bring up intraracial violence when the conversation is centered around state violence (extrajudicial killings by police)

they never critically think about crime OR punishment

they never begin to unpack how poverty, joblessness, the school to prison pipeline, attacks on open play (closing of parks, basketball courts, boy and girls clubs, community gardens etc) food deserts, lead in homes/public housing, a decline in social uplift programs/policies and poor education only reinforces crime

funny how these armchair activist never discuss community violence until cops are being held accountable. nor do they join any local organizations or work alongside activist and organizers in their hood that have been trying to tackle these very issues for lets say idk... FOREVER

short answer: man stfu

Last edited:
But..... Here’s one thing nobody wants to admit:

You know DAMN well other races don’t kill each other at the rate that blacks kill each other (in America, at least.

Yeah, we know that Hispanics kill Hispanics and Asians kill Asians , whites kill whites, etc....

But if white people killed each other at the same rate that blacks killed each other, the president would declare a national emergency .

No way this country would allow the loss of that many white lives.

you need to read more books.

its clear to me folxs dont read enough. the post im seeing in regards to policing and crime is enough for me to start smoking crack. please start reading more. you do yourself and those around you a disservice when you dont read or study. reading is fundamental, I cannot stress this enough

(if you hate reading download some audiobooks)

here are some books ive read on crime, prisons, policing and our criminal justice system:

(feel free to add to the list)

1. the color of crime - Katheryn Russell Brown
2. are prisons obsolete - Angela davis
3. police brutality: an anthology - Jill Nelson
4. Policing the Black Man: Arrest, Prosecution, and Imprisonment - Angela Davis
5. white by law - Ian haney lopez
6. petit apartheid in the U S criminal justice system - by Dragan Milovanovic, Katheryn K. Russell
7. the retreat from racial justice - stephen steinberg

in reality, “Black on Black” crime is proportionate to the rate of white violence, plus intraracial violence is really dependent upon proximity, familiarity and opportunity (people tend to kill who they know, blacks kill blacks, whites kill whites, etc)!

now with that being said, community violence is a real issue but the issue is more complex than “niggas just be killing niggas” and tbh many of you dont have the range to even discuss this subject.

no shade, but the “coon” talk in here is proof

community violence will never end because folks are often fighting over resources and money. that speaks to a large issue within society.

this is not to condone the violence (i live in philly where homicides are an every day event) but speak to the reality of whats happening in full.

violence starts at homes, then perpetuated in schools and neighborhoods and so on and so forth. this is history, this is culture. violence is as american as apple pie no matter the race

I just want to be clear here that Black ppl arent inherently violent. we have to be careful when discussing these type topics because we dont want to propel the myth of Black criminality

which many of you have done in less than 5 secs

You really out here trying to validate racist cops thought process.

I ain't gonna call you out your name even tho I want to but bruh...

Not validating them at all.

Just pointing out how must of them probably think.

In particular, those who........"claim"........they aren't racist, but use that mentality to justify their actions towards us.

Anytime........"white"..........people use that phrase.

Idk, maybe it's just me getting old, but I don't see the same kind of energy/outrage when it's our own wreaking havoc on our community.

And I understand the main difference, which is that our own kind will get locked up and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law once they get caught/arrested............unlike police officers that kill us and get a paid vacation.

But still.

I'm starting to see that, until we clean up our own act, we're not going to be taken seriously.

The cops are probably thinking..............

"The blacks kill themselves all the time.........so why the hell are they getting so mad when we do it."

And again, I understand the main difference is accountability, but there just doesn't seem to be the same level of outrage.

So yeah, I'm slowly starting to become one of those "what about black-on-black crime" people.
The only slight difference is we have more of a street gang problem in the brown community, and we get a lot of stories published of gang member's shooting it out in public. But I see plenty of outrage and no one complacent with this behavior. White people dont really report let alone fund the things that could stop a lot of this. In fact the dont even care about those stories, what they want is some type of "black people are violence and outa control" stories on tv or in the papers to scare white Americans and promote stereotypes, regardless if its true or not (perfect example is the central park 5). And It seems like the white spin machine is working on you.

When you say, "Until we clean up our own act, we're not going to be taken seriously", you know how ridiculous that sounds? You know how ridiculous and coonish you sound? Make it seem like we're 1 small tribe in one small area all participating in crime. We're not all related and they're 10s of millions of us across this country. Those are the same racist comment i see white people make all across the internet on any story where the alleged perpetrator is black. You really cosigning all of use being treated as second class citizens or animals, if someone our skin color commits a crime. This is wild.

You also gave cops a pass on them deciding who lives and dies. Thats some real goofy shit. That not their fucking job bruh. And you too old to really be having this convo. Adults really dont fucking understand why our expectation of police are higher and should be than criminals? Like, come the fuck on, whats the point of police if they're just acting like the other street gangs, shooting people they dont like.

But no matter what happens, they always find a way to blame brown people and act like its all our fault. But let us try to address all this white violence, and mass shootings. It magically is just rouge individuals with mental illness and not their whole ethnic group. Lets talk about their white gangs aka cops constantly shooting innocent people every year. All of a sudden they want to talk about something else or say its cuz they feared for their life and had to shoot.

and what perspective is that? because the only thing the ”Black on Black” crowd does is bring up intraracial violence when the conversation is centered around state violence (extrajudicial killings by police)

they never critically think about crime OR punishment

they never begin to unpack how poverty, joblessness, the school to prison pipeline, attacks on open play (closing of parks, basketball courts, boy and girls clubs, community gardens etc) food deserts, lead in homes/public housing, a decline in social uplift programs/policies and poor education only reinforces crime

funny how these armchair activist never discuss community violence until cops are being held accountable. nor do they join any local organizations or work alongside activist and organizers in their hood that have been trying fo tackle these very issues for lets say idk... FOREVER

short answer: man stfu

Marlo shrug.gif

I agree with everything you said.

Look, we know these traps are out there.

People have been talking about this shit since the 80's

At some point, we've gotta start holding ourselves accountable by not falling for these traps.

Until then, people are gonna continue to walk all over us.

The only slight difference is we have more of a street gang problem in the brown community, and we get a lot of stories published of gang member's shooting it out in public. But I see plenty of outrage and no one complacent with this behavior. White people dont really report let alone fund the things that could stop a lot of this. In fact the dont even care about those stories, what they want is some type of "black people are violence and outa control" stories on tv or in the papers to scare white Americans and promote stereotypes, regardless if its true or not (perfect example is the central park 5). And It seems like the white spin machine is working on you.

When you say, "Until we clean up our own act, we're not going to be taken seriously", you know how ridiculous that sounds? You know how ridiculous and coonish you sound? Make it seem like we're 1 small tribe in one small area all participating in crime. We're not all related and they're 10s of millions of us across this country. Those are the same racist comment i see white people make all across the internet on any story where the alleged perpetrator is black. You really cosigning all of use being treated as second class citizens or animals, if someone our skin color commits a crime. This is wild.

You also gave cops a pass on them deciding who lives and dies. Thats some real goofy shit. That not their fucking job bruh. And you too old to really be having this convo. Adults really dont fucking understand why our expectation of police are higher and should be than criminals? Like, come the fuck on, whats the point of police if they're just acting like the other street gangs, shooting people they dont like.

But no matter what happens, they always find a way to blame brown people and act like its all our fault. But let us try to address all this white violence, and mass shootings. It magically is just rouge individuals with mental illness and not their whole ethnic group. Lets talk about their white gangs aka cops constantly shooting innocent people every year. All of a sudden they want to talk about something else or say its cuz they feared for their life and had to shoot.

Again, just like with Race.............I agree with everything you said.

I'm just saying, our violence towards each other is more detrimental to our communities than "white on white violence" is detrimental to their communities.

Don't see how anybody can deny that.

Like it or not, until we fix our problems ourselves..........nothing else is gonna change.

*edit*

Never gave cops a pass either.

Just explaining how they think and justify the atrocities they commit towards us.

you need to read more books.

its clear to me folxs dont read enough. the post im seeing in regards to policing and crime is enough for me to start smoking crack. please start reading more. you do yourself and those around you a disservice when you dont read or study. reading is fundamental, I cannot stress this enough

(if you hate reading download some audiobooks)

here are some books ive read on crime, prisons, policing and our criminal justice system:

(feel free to add to the list)

1. the color of crime - Katheryn Russell Brown
2. are prisons obsolete - Angela davis
3. police brutality: an anthology - Jill Nelson
4. Policing the Black Man: Arrest, Prosecution, and Imprisonment - Angela Davis
5. white by law - Ian haney lopez
6. petit apartheid in the U S criminal justice system - by Dragan Milovanovic, Katheryn K. Russell
7. the retreat from racial justice - stephen steinberg

And this classic too

91dFNPI36sL.jpg

Metal detectors at every mall should be a no brainer even before all this and Lenox apparently is doing that all around. Shit like this makes me fear Atlanta could end up like Chiraq with the Increased shootings everywhere.

Wouldnt need UBI if they just made companies pay people a liveable wage, had affordable housing and made sure all public schools are properly funded the same.

Companies would just react by hiring less and automating more though. Wages go up but jobs become even more exclusive.

Back