Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jeezy & T.I. Detail Possible Sit Down With Gucci Mane

Wakka will never recover from biting the hand that fed him. Probably why his wife is the breadwinner now.

You doin too much

Gucci still making viable music unlike the other two. Jeezy was wrong from the jump as the whole thing started off of who owned 'Icy' (Gucci did, even Zay confirmed)

Fucks up with the 2 Chainz and Gucci disrespect today. But Future on Mt. Rushmore? Y'all are tripping. Probably still listening to Kanye wit ya ungrateful asses.

Jeezy last album > Gucci last album
TI last album > Gucci last album.

nobody has not songs than Gucci and for every dope track it’s 20 garbage ones

Reactions: GNS

That's your one sided opinion. But worst catalog is dramatic and false. Everyone has throw away tracks, even your favorite rapper. You dont like Gucci? Cool. But he's successful for a reason and has actually made some classic songs. I can match a Gucci song with either TI or Jeezy and probably still have some left over. They didn't grind like or as long as Gucci musically.

You never bumped a Bird Flu, Wilt Chamberlain, Gangsta Grillz tape in yo life. Why you still commenting if you obviously never even listened to Gucci.

UGK was Country rap tunes mixed in with some gangsta shit. If you put them in you have to throw in 8Ball & MJG, Geto Boys, all of them. Tip, Jeezy, and Gucci was strictly trap. If you don’t want to include Future, Gotti is the only other one that should be considered that was all trap.

I hear you. But they was definitely a heavy Influence to that culture/lifestyle early on. Not saying Ball & G and Geto Boys ain't have that influence but Them niggas stayed consistent with it in their songs.

Trap Hands
Cocaine In The Back of the Ride
Short Texas
Feel Like I'm The One Who's Doin' Dope
Feds In Town
Pocket Full Of Stones Pt.1 AND 2
Stoned Junkee
Murder
Cocaine

And that's just off the head...They Country Rap Tunes but I can also see them on Mt. Rushmore as one of the forefathers.

Not to mention Tip, Jeezy and Gucci have all referenced or Featured them niggas on they songs about that lifestyle.

Lol at Gucci has the worst catalog of all time. Let's stretch the field goal to make a opinion stick.

That boy Gucci was running the street rap game for years, couldn't turn any corner without Gucci being blasted out of whips. All 700 mistapes, everything he dropped folks let the tape play all month religiously. Folks always talk about Trap Or Die/Jeezy impact but the Gucci impact right after imo was just as strong. Completely overshadowed Jeezy like a eclipse.

For me Tip, Jeezy, Gucci Mane, and Yo Gotti the guys who made Trap stick. Yo Gotti was just as plugged in as Jeezy and Tip was, not sure why he gets overlooked but he def was knee deep in that era.

Ehh

objectively i could consider Gotti

I just personally dont really listen to his music

but kudos to him for reppin memphis when trap is a really a distinct atlanta sound and culture

Yo Gotti to me is more of a "trap" rapper then TI even tho TI got an album named Trap Music but outside Tip first 2 albums, his content wasn't "trap" imo at all. Like I don't even consider Tip music the same type of trap shit like Jeezy, Gucci, and Gotti. And I fuck with Tip since a kid.

Gotti aint on same level as the other 3
His shit wasnt consistent as the others

But i see why some saying his name
How was it not, Cocaine Music tapes literally had guaranteed street bangers every go round during that time. Plus Gotti was around Gucci and them none stop. To me there was a point Gucci and Gotti were the two hottest that were also doing hella collabs and always together. That Gotti Gucci tape still one of the tapes from that period I really enjoyed. Was almost for sure we were going to get a collab album but it never came to be. Those boys had chemistry.

But i agree Gotti had the least exposure out the 4 but he still IMO a major part of the trap sound during that period.

Back