Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Jay always been careful who he make music with, and with who and what certain of time. Freeway said that people helped him Takeover\Supa Ugly. Jay couldn't handle Nas even tho his mother had died and was solo against Beanie, Freeway, Dame , whole dipset all those philly rappers, kanye and all other stupid people. Jay always been a soft nigga. All his ex rappers exposed him as fake and only caring about himself. Nas been reppin Ill Will since day 1. Nas wanted to keep it DOLO. He could had sign all those QB rappers and AZ while being in their prime.

Jay studied nas. he had Illmatic on bootleg. Nigga came out in the 80's and blow up in late 90s, even Nas denied him, he call Nas even tho he aint even gave him his numba. Nigga wanted Nas on Reasonable Doubt. Nas denied him and even then he put Nas voice on it cuz he had a fetish for Nas.

and several years later he came out sayin "I know who I pay nigga"pretending he paying Mc serch while Nas smiling and knowin Jay ispaying him. What a fool.

Jay can rap I can't deny it, but he is the biggest fraud in rap history.
Yooo go do another Nas thread, no1 is appreciating and grading your essay but you

Wait... you're posting in a hip hop forum and never heard a Drake or Joe Budden album except one from each? I know not everything is for everyone and both those dudes are the Thelma and Louise of rap, but damn my nigga open your mind up.
I have never heard a single Budden project.

What the fuck does the Thelma and Louise of rap mean? What kinda half ass comparision lol

Neither one of them niggas say nothing I need to hear for 10+ tracks. I know for sure.

Good album

J Elec just found out what its like stepping in the ring with Floyd or playing 1 on 1 with Mike....and he lost baaaaaaaad lol

Now lemme go peep the JBP and see what hilarity comes from it....lol

Lol you forgot most black people until bout 20 years ago were Christian. Niggas know the popular characters. Adam, Noah, Moses, David, Solomon and Jesus. Y’all fans gotta chill that album ain’t deep and any 5% rapper can do better. NOI ain’t even real Muslims but you got me talking bout this vs the album.

Ain’t say nothing new
Most black were Christians until 20 years ago???
NOI not real Muslims???

I think many people's point in this thread, myself included, is: What else do you have to say besides Hov rapped better?

Somebody in this thread just admitted to not even understanding the content and even their "Muslim friends" couldn't help... probably because to be a Muslim and to be a student of Islam are two radically different things.

Ironically, some of you all's critique of the album is as shallow as you claim the album is itself.

I think we're talking to people who literally don't know that back at Def Jam, Joe wanted Hov on the remix to Pump it Up, Hov charged a ridiculous price, PER JOE BUDDEN, and it never happened. Some time goes by and the S. Carter mixtapes comes out and Hov is rapping on the beat for free.

This actually happened. So when Elect pops up with an album full of Hov verses, it could reasonably remind Joe of what he was denied in his former career.
The album not good bro

Somebody on twitter said this and I couldn’t agree more.

“ These guys rapped about Solomon being in the desert. Spiritual awakening, Origins of the Nation of Islam etc and the only thing these negros want to talk about is who has the better verse. Man we gotta wake up!”
I personally get all this, even tho I still haven't heard the album yet. That's the problem... it's a given that Jay E is gonna bring something on a high spiritual level that you have to really digest, but even as a spiritually aware person I'm not given a reason to care (I can understand @Chicity not hearing more than one Drake or Budden CD because of this). It's the most anticipated artist in modern society and one of the greatest rappers of all time... of course the dominating conversation is gonna be RAP.

Ima just say this. You can’t be pro black and pro your religion

One has to become before the other and whatever one you put first contradicts the other
I'm just looking at it like blacks have been into other religions for longer than 20 years: Judaism for forever, Rhastafarianism since the 30s, NOI as well as 5 percenter since the late 50s and early sixties, Buddhism since the late 70s

Back