Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
That's cool and all that but Jay Z was better at then Jay E is all we're saying fam.
I think many people's point in this thread, myself included, is: What else do you have to say besides Hov rapped better?

Somebody in this thread just admitted to not even understanding the content and even their "Muslim friends" couldn't help... probably because to be a Muslim and to be a student of Islam are two radically different things.

Ironically, some of you all's critique of the album is as shallow as you claim the album is itself.
Joe is jealous that Jay Electronica got Jay Z on a whole album, Joe Budden has said Jay E doesn't deserve to have Jay on an entire album
I think we're talking to people who literally don't know that back at Def Jam, Joe wanted Hov on the remix to Pump it Up, Hov charged a ridiculous price, PER JOE BUDDEN, and it never happened. Some time goes by and the S. Carter mixtapes comes out and Hov is rapping on the beat for free.

This actually happened. So when Elect pops up with an album full of Hov verses, it could reasonably remind Joe of what he was denied in his former career.

giphy.gif

Jay always been careful who he make music with, and with who and what certain of time. Freeway said that people helped him Takeover\Supa Ugly. Jay couldn't handle Nas even tho his mother had died and was solo against Beanie, Freeway, Dame , whole dipset all those philly rappers, kanye and all other stupid people. Jay always been a soft nigga. All his ex rappers exposed him as fake and only caring about himself. Nas been reppin Ill Will since day 1. Nas wanted to keep it DOLO. He could had sign all those QB rappers and AZ while being in their prime.

Jay studied nas. he had Illmatic on bootleg. Nigga came out in the 80's and blow up in late 90s, even Nas denied him, he call Nas even tho he aint even gave him his numba. Nigga wanted Nas on Reasonable Doubt. Nas denied him and even then he put Nas voice on it cuz he had a fetish for Nas.

and several years later he came out sayin "I know who I pay nigga"pretending he paying Mc serch while Nas smiling and knowin Jay ispaying him. What a fool.

Jay can rap I can't deny it, but he is the biggest fraud in rap history.

Nothing. I'm not sure what prompted the convo I'm just saying....Elect may have never heard a Buddens project

Never listened to any Drake project outside of Thank Me Later

Or was that for Elect?
Wait... you're posting in a hip hop forum and never heard a Drake or Joe Budden album except one from each? I know not everything is for everyone and both those dudes are the Thelma and Louise of rap, but damn my nigga open your mind up.

Or maybe the album just didn't live up to expectations and folks are expressing their disappointment...lol
And if we could get past how Hov have the better performance on the album, We could have a conversation on why the people who gave it 4 or 4.5 chose to not give it a 5 when everyone from 50 cent to Jay Z to Pac to biggie to even Eminem all had arguably 5 star debut albums.

Hard to do that if you keep dying on the "Hov rapped better" hill.

All we really saying is we wanted Exhibit ABC caliber music. Evidently we feel let down. Maybe we set the bar too high. But he coulda dropped this album after his song was first on The Boondocks.

All we really saying is we wanted Exhibit ABC caliber music. Evidently we feel let down. Maybe we set the bar too high. But he coulda dropped this album after his song was first on The Boondocks.

Nah hold on man

You ain’t said shit about Ezekiel’s wheel or the mother plane yet

What’s up

Back