Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Ion wanna be the first to bring him up, but Nas need to step his game up.

Nasir was meh
Lost Tapes 2 was meh

Balls in your court Nas.

I hope Nas experiments for the rest of his career. He can do songs with a Jazz band, African drums, violins, spoken word, etc.

At this point in his career Nas' discography is easily one of the greatest of all time. He can experiment for the rest of his career and still have the GOAT discography.

Jay Electronica needs 5-10 more albums to reach Nas' status.

Been waiting years for a full Jay E album but other than some clever lines Im not overly feeling this album, maybe because I expect so much from him and hold Jay E (and Jay Z) to a higher standard...

Some of the track names are better than the song, like when I saw 'Ghost of Soulja Slim' I quickly hit that play button but was underwhelmed...

Its a cool album not got crazy amounts of replay value... Like I still play 'Exhibit C' years later but I dont think this album will...

This track is real dope though...

During the livestream, Jay-Elect said they recorded this the day Kobe died.... #RIP

Jay elec pen not matching nas at all, outside the beats what the complaints about nas ?? It's like y'all want him to sound like everyone else.

I hope Nas experiments for the rest of his career. He can do songs with a Jazz band, African drums, violins, spoken word, etc.

At this point in his career Nas' discography is easily one of the greatest of all time. He can experiment for the rest of his career and still have the GOAT discography.

Jay Electronica needs 5-10 more albums to reach Nas' status.

Nah, somebody mentioned it before, he Ross or Khaled or somebody like that to produce.

Last dope song he did was Nas Album Done and that was 4 years ago.

So nobody gonna say it?

Fuck it I'll say it, Hov bodied Jay E on his own shit, his "debut album" at that smh

"what you talkin' bout, Willis"

This new Hov album fire.....

giphy.gif

I meant that..

Back