Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Ima Hov stan so I prob shouldnt be the one saying this.. But Hov upstaged Jay Elec on here.. I waited all these years only to come away wanting more.. I love the project though.. But i feel like my biggest takeaway is Jay Z is some kinda way getting better at 50

I remember when rappers used to clown older rappers for being in their 40s.

Now the best rappers are in their 40s and 50s.

Ehhh

If it was bleek or someone, I would've said it

It's hovi baby... The expectation comes with the name

I hear you, but when you put everything into context it's significant. Niggas on here/IC/online in general have been talking about Jay E like he's the 2nd coming of Nas. His debut album's anticipation was up there with Detox. So for Hov to come through in his 50s and body this nigga on his debut album... that aint nothing to sneeze at.

jay electronica is crisp as fuck... the bars, the wisdom, the knowledge, the flow.....like i don't wanna be too high on him, but he kinda sounds how i always imagined a 35+ biggie would rap.....could be a reach, but i love that effortless sounding flow that delivers so much substance in each line....

with that said.....jay-z is rapping his absolute best on this album....like even sharper than he was on 4:44

i think it's tha competitive spirit in Jay, he must of heard electronica on these beats, and just wanted to get on them himself....

kinda a dick move... but as a fan the shit sounds marvelous.....and while it's a weird knock, my only knock that jay was featured so much it feels more like a jay album featuring jay electronica....

but it didn't hurt the album imo......just kinda tainted the long awaited "debut" if that makes sense...

still great addition to 2020's music
funeral
Ignatius
written testimony

2020 already better than 2019

Back