Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Nah he spits lines that are incredibly intelligent and full of wisdom and knowledge... He is an expensive Kendrick, Jay E is premium uncut raw to the K Dots of this world... Like an Immortal Tech with a mainstream more 'gangster' appeal... His voice and flow just hit your brain different...

But this album just felt lacklustre at times... I didnt like 'Watch The Throne' either and this feels similar...

Jay E spat some real great bars and gems and there are prolly lines that may take 3-4 listens to digest and pick up on but I just dont like some of the beats and flows on this album... Some of the of bars that he spat make up for some of the poor (imo) beats and flows at times but joints like 'Exhibit C' (a tune everyone knows) have everything, bars, flow, subject matter etc and thats what I expected...

Yo that's exactly how I felt when I finished this joint.

Watch The Throne 2 but Jay was actually spitting on this one.

The only single JE track was Fruits of The Spirit and that was just an interlude.

When are artists going to stop making long intros to their songs?

I flipped through that Spotify link to get an idea of what the album sounds like. It seems like half of the songs have an intro that's so long that a 0:30 Spotify link isn't long enough because the intro is longer than 0:30.

When are artists going to stop making long intros to their songs?

I flipped through that Spotify link to get an idea of what the album sounds like. It seems like half of the songs have an intro that's so long that a 0:30 Spotify link isn't long enough because the intro is longer than 0:30.

When are you gonna stop being a cheap nigga and subscribe to a streaming platform?

Back