Welcome To aBlackWeb

J. Cole - Snow On Tha Bluff

Given what a vast majority of Black women have been expressing on social media, the bold is absolutely hilarious in it's lack of awareness. They've literally been saying the same thing about men not listening to them about the issues they face as women and constantly being told "This ain't the right time to address that". For the record I agree with the latter part of your post and think there's too much pushback and not enough self reflection often when critiques of certain groups are offered up...but given the context of the song itself and what sparked the backlash...you using that logic is funny as hell.
Let's look at what you're comparing.

Women talked about misogyny and the glass ceiling after Cardi B admitted to raping and robbing niggas.

Women talked about Lauren London "securing the bag" after Nipsey got gunned down in broad daylight.

This was J. Cole talking about communicating and understanding better in an era of social and civil unrest.

Blacl women specifically talked about freedom from black men while black men, women, and children were marching and dying during the Civil Rights era.

If you really think Cole's bad timing is equal to women's typical bad timing.... wow.

True. I agree but I think he genuinely feels like he can do more. And in this era, if you dont say the right words, EVERYTIME, niggas try to belittle ya message.

I dont think it was his ego, I think it was his humility.
I say ego only because he mentioned he thought lowkey she was talking about him. I agree, though, he probably feels like he isn't doing enough. I know I've been feeling that way heavily lately, especially since the protests started. For the longest time I was content with just focusing on bettering myself, family and close friends. I'm not sure that's enough, anymore.

Can listen to noname all day... I just can't believe how wack this entire conversation is
maxresdefault.jpg

So J Cole is saying be nicer to niggas who don’t know that they can cause issues for the women and gays and while I agree communication and how you communicate is important. But do we need to be coddled? I mean do we take it easy when we talk about our issues with women? Idk I feel like niggas that are listening aren’t getting their feelings hurt. Not to sound like @DOS_patos but sometimes the message is more important than how it’s conveyed especially when we all started out playing nice.

Still think his flow is boring tho

at this point since they leaning into the shit

Id suggest he responds to this joint... let muhfuckas on social media duke it out over the shit for a day or two... she responds one more time to him.... then they put it to rest lol
Unfortunately I think the ppl who care about the bars and message are outnumbered by the ppl who already offended, on either side

If his plain message gets misconstrued can you imagine what it'll look like when he goes in? Might see Cole vs Chance....

Back