Welcome To aBlackWeb

J. Cole - Snow On Tha Bluff

A beef no one wants to hear from

That's bullshit.

How is J. Cole in the wrong for addressing someone who publicly took misinformed shots at his character? He honestly didn't really go in on her, which makes the outrage even more crazy.

Maybe he should've just ignored her tweet or tried to contact her privately but she could've did the exact same thing initially which would've not caused any of this. Or she could've actually did her homework on the people she is publicly trying to slander which would've helped her know before posting all the good both those guys continuously do for their communities.

What's up with people being so fucking divisive publicly these days? SMH

And????????

What work has she done? I mean because if I'm being honest her Tweet felt like it was directed at Cole and K. Dot. So she's a black female rapper who started a book club and sent some spicy Tweets. So she doesn't have to come correct at them (she did not) and they get criticized for addressing the spicy shit she said in the first place?

Like I said, this chick Noname has just started getting active in the movement a year ago. How long Cole and K. Dot been putting in work? And to top it off Cole wasn't even disrespectful. If we wanna talk about tone how about her tone talking sideways sending subs on Twitter? Everybody is gonna skip over the whole reason Cole is responding in the first place or???

What are we really doing here?

you need to research noname

you really going up in here for j cole lmao did he give u a 2nd stimulus check or something??

This seems like a suuuuuuuuper reach... not my hill tho
I asked a close female friend her thoughts on this and here's what she said in a nutshell:

The reason why J. Cole is receiving backlash is not because of the content of the song, but because of the timing. Right now, black women of social media are hurt and outraged at the violence perpetuated against black women so to hear this song at a moment like this seems like a smack in the face. To be clear, Cole does not deserve this backlash and there's a degree of emotional immaturity present, but he should not have released the song when he did given recent headlines.

I think that there's a large amount of ego involved. Police brutality has been and will always be an issue. So will violence against women. So when exactly will there ever be a "better time" to critique black women?

I only see this level of posturing from two other groups: Jews and LGBT. Where anytime you disagree with them, no matter your intent, no matter the nuance in your speech, you will be painted as an antisemite or homophobic as a way to invalidate your point without addressing it.

He picked a soft peaceful beat, spent the first half of the verse complimenting her, and spent the rest of the time being self depreciating and offering a mere suggestion for better communication... and he's being characterized as attacking women. Relying on "we are just emotional creatures" seems like a tired excuse for overreacting to anything you don't like.

Back