Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED It Is What It Is Show (Cam & Mase)

test
Yeah, too many Africans only claim black when it's convenient.

Anything negative..............they don't want to be associated with us at all.

When it comes to reparations.........affirmative action.........scholarships...........etc?

They switch up real quick.
Why would anyone wanna be associated w anything negative? Lol

I prefer Black American to African-American

People don't realize how important that distinction is.

Simply because it will help prevent other groups from getting benefits that are meant for us.

None of this.........."people of color"............bullshit or........"disenfranchised groups" or whatever verbiage they try to use to justify not doing things specifically for black people.

Yeah, too many Africans only claim black when it's convenient.

Anything negative..............they don't want to be associated with us at all.

When it comes to reparations.........affirmative action.........scholarships...........etc?

They switch up real quick.
Add Juneteenth lol

Every six months or so it’s the same convo
We testifying this Friday brother elzo

Wym by playing both sides

Distancing themselves from all the negative connotations associated with black people...........but not having a problem benefiting from them if they think they can get something out of it.

Mainly in terms of scholarships..........grants..........and other programs that were originally intended to only benefit black americans.

People don't realize how important that distinction is.

Simply because it will help prevent other groups from getting benefits that are meant for us.

None of this.........."people of color"............bullshit or........"disenfranchised groups" or whatever verbiage they try to use to justify not doing things specifically for black people.

Has any white African actually got any black American benefits. People bring up Charlize Theron often. But they don’t associate with black oeople like that. I don’t view Africans as an opp. For one numbers wise I don’t even think it’s over 2 million continental Africans in the US. I just feel as the black group we not losing to other black group.

Distancing themselves from all the negative connotations associated with black people...........but not having a problem benefiting from them if they think they can get something out of it.

Mainly in terms of scholarships..........grants..........and other programs that were originally intended to only benefit black americans.
I mean that’s natural right says ur brother sells drugs and u don’t

U d want to make sure that ppl don’t associate his actions w yours wouldn’t you?

Has any white African actually got any black American benefits. People bring up Charlize Theron often. But they don’t associate with black oeople like that. I don’t view Africans as an opp. For one numbers wise I don’t even think it’s over 2 million continental Africans in the US. I just feel as the black group we not losing to other black group.

I don't know about white africans, but a lot of white kids have been going to HBCU's lately and taking advantage of the scholarship loopholes that get them to claim they're a minority.

Not that big of a stretch to assume that some white africans have probably done that too.

Not only distancing themselves from the negative things but also CAPITALIZING on them.. the New Black media made the realization that the popular ratchet outlets, the world stars, the media takeouts, love and hip hop are all run by black immigrants who don't have a problem airing our dirtiest laundry. The correlation is real unfortunately

Outside of the whole Black Redneck/Eugenics twitter sphere, most While people understand African American to refer to the descendants of slavery in America and Black Americans to all dark-complected peoples, including those not “covered” by the former.

If the argument is that African American somehow muddies the waters and creates a cover, switching terms would only serve to double-knot the issue..Because someone from Nigeria wouldn’t be an African-American, they’d be a Nigerian-American lol.

It’s really just about taking the “African“ out.

So much of this rhetoric comes from niggas that don’t think It all the way through.

At the end of day if you calling yourself jamaican, fba, Sudanese, etc. We all black/african you can deny it all you want the world will show you. Especially dealing with all this racism out here.

Back