Welcome To aBlackWeb

Issa Rae says Season 3 of ‘Insecure’ will focus on “toxic black male masculinity“…

The 70% stat aint saying 70% of niggas arent there retard. Its saying kids are born to unwed parents. We know unwed parents have less money more likely to be poor.

How are you defining unwed though?

That can mean divorced, 2 people living together that aren't married, or 2 single people living separately who are co-parenting.

Basically, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a single mother who's raising a child without any involvement/support from the child's father.

No, what I'm always on is really simple:

If you're going to make a statement as if it's a fact, it had better be one because I'm going to do the reading if necessary and put your inaccuracies on blast. The Black Community, as a whole, doesn't have room for bullshit so either you're going to rep it properly with factual information or not at all if all you have is half-truths or outright lies.

The half truth here is that while 70% of Black children in the US are born to single mothers' it doesn't take into account for some of those mothers being in a committed relationship where the father is present AND living under the same roof. An engaged couple, no matter what race, that has a baby before they get married is still counted as a child being born to a single mother even though that child's parents could end up married the next day, week, month or year. All the statistic sees is "Was the mother married at birth? No". It also doesn't take into account for a man in the house that isn't the child's biological father, which is how many kids end up getting raised.

You dropped "... 70% of black kids born to single moms..." in a conversation about toxic masculinity as if it had something to do with it. That's intellectually dishonest to say the least. It has absolutely nothing to do with it PLUS the statistic isn't the whole picture and really needs to be done away with. As I just said, if you can't rep the Black Community with factual information, don't say shit.

So you saying black men not marrying black women in our era tge sane era where bitches aint shit was a thing has nothing to do with anything? That aint no reach fam you just in denial because you dont like to hear the shit. But want to say the black community needs to deal in facts but you dont even see correlations. Nobody else numbers is on that level but you saying everything reported is all false and not related. Thats stupid as hell.

How are you defining unwed though?

That can mean divorced, 2 people living together that aren't married, or 2 single people living separately who are co-parenting.

Basically, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a single mother who's raising a child without any involvement/support from the child's father.

I didnt say unmarried just meant mom raising kid solo. But being unmarried with kids is not easy simple or cheap. Im not married and i gotta kid and we do fine but everybody aint like me. The shit we see in our community is a problem. If niggas think hey maybe i should do this a other way than whats been going.

Im not saying niggas just aint shit but as this thread shows niggas dont wanna kearn nothing new they wanna say they attacked by white women

So you saying black men not marrying black women in our era tge sane era where bitches aint shit was a thing has nothing to do with anything? That aint no reach fam you just in denial because you dont like to hear the shit. But want to say the black community needs to deal in facts but you dont even see correlations. Nobody else numbers is on that level but you saying everything reported is all false and not related. Thats stupid as hell.

You have no hard evidence to make that correlation either. I didn't say that "...everything reported is all false and not related.", I called what you put out there a half-truth and you trying to make it seem as if that's what I did was yet another half truth, if not an outright lie. But if you're going to point fingers at dudes for "Bitches ain't shit", then point some fingers at women for shit like "No Scrubs", "Bills, bills, bills", and all of these other "men ain't shit" anthems these chicks been rockin with over the last 20 years.

Plus, the saying "bitches ain't shit" is old as fuck. I heard that shit sittin off with the OG's at the bar my pops used to take me to back in the 70's. You could prolly go as far back as the 20's and some nigga is sittin off talmbout bitches ain't shit on the block. Aside from that, you forgot aaaaaall about Ice Cube's anthem "A Bitch Iz a Bitch" that dropped... what... 5 years earlier? Shit came out while I was in high school. And either way, only weak minded niggas chant that shit like it's their mantra. Men that's about their business handle theirs and eventually settle down and when they do it's overwhelmingly with a Black woman (I already pointed out the stats that showed over 80% of Black men that marry do so with a Black woman back on the IC). Which, again, brings me back to what I said earlier: Black men that are respectable, upright citizens, good fathers and husbands don't get the shine the lowlifes get and people like you always focus on the lowlifes, completely ignoring the men that are gettin theirs and building our communities.

Last edited:
You have no hard evidence to make that correlation either. I didn't say that "...everything reported is all false and not related.", I called what you put out there a half-truth and you trying to make it seem as if that's what I did was yet another half truth, if not an outright lie. But if you're going to point fingers at dudes for "Bitches ain't shit", then point some fingers at women for shit like "No Scrubs", "Bills, bills, bills", and all of these other "men ain't shit" anthems these chicks been rockin with over the last 20 years.

Plus, the saying "bitches ain't shit" is old as fuck. I heard that shit sittin off with the OG's at the bar my pops used to take me to back in the 70's. You could prolly go as far back as the 20's and some nigga is sittin off talmbout bitches ain't shit on the block. Aside from that, you forgot aaaaaall about Ice Cube's anthem "A Bitch Iz a Bitch" that dropped... what... 5 years earlier? Shit came out while I was in high school. And either way, only weak minded niggas chant that shit like it's their mantra. Men that's about their business handle theirs and eventually settle down and when they do it's overwhelmingly with a Black woman (I already pointed out the stats that showed over 80% of Black men that marry do so with a Black woman back on the IC). Which, again, brings me back to what I said earlier: Black men that are respectable, upright citizens, good fathers and husbands don't get the shit the lowlifes get and people like you always focus on the lowlifes, completely ignoring the men that are gettin theirs and building our communities.

Im not ignoring decent people doing right by their women at all. But thats not an issue. The issue is what you called lowlifes. And going back to your old head from the 70s the whole papa is a rolling stone wasnt some media urban myth. I think you take any criticism personal because you assume it means all and not some.

Im not ignoring decent people doing right by their women at all. But thats not an issue. The issue is what you called lowlifes. And going back to your old head from the 70s the whole papa is a rolling stone wasnt some media urban myth. I think you take any criticism personal because you assume it means all and not some.

Then point it out sometimes. 'Cause all people like you tend to do is point out the negative in our community without ever once highlighting the positives.

Marriage ain’t nothing but a piece of paper and to make sure shit goes where it needs to go when you leave earth

Screen-shot-2012-10-01-at-1.57.44-PM.png
Shameful. Disgracing their fathers and ancestors for a check

The show is damn good and I'll continue to watch it until it falls off. Hopefully it doesn't

Imma need you to identify as a female or stop acting like one. Pick a side my g.

nah, i'ma call all one you faux macho niggas out every chance it get

ya'll always trying to find some reason to escape responsibility for some shit, then when someone depicts it whether in literature or on screen, ya'll swear its an attack on men

FOH

nah, i'ma call all one you faux macho niggas out every chance it get

ya'll always trying to find some reason to escape responsibility for some shit, then when someone depicts it whether in literature or on screen, ya'll swear its an attack on men

FOH

In some cases you see things in a one sided manner.

I get and 100% agree that if a man does something wrong to a woman. That man is 100% at fault for his actions in what he did to said woman.

Where we differ at is the fact that you have a problem acknowledging that in some cases said woman's decisions played role in what happened. Acknowledging said decision in what happened is not in any way absolving or taking any of the blame away from the man and placing it on the woman for what the man did but you seem to think so. That is what I don't understand from your POV.

In some cases you see things in a one sided manner.

I get and 100% agree that if a man does something wrong to a woman. That man is 100% at fault for his actions in what he did to said woman.

Where we differ at is the fact that you have a problem acknowledging that in some cases said woman's decisions played role in what happened. Acknowledging said decision in what happened is not in any way absolving or taking any of the blame away from the man and placing it on the woman for what the man did but you seem to think so. That is what I don't understand from your POV.

where did i say this?

the majority of relationship issues involve both parties. Its super seldom its the sole responsibility of one person.

im talking about this notion to suggest that every time an issue or conversation is about black men, its perceived as an attack

Im not saying that those conversations dont exist, because they do, but not EVERY convo is.

where did i say this?

the majority of relationship issues involve both parties. Its super seldom its the sole responsibility of one person.

im talking about this notion to suggest that every time an issue or conversation is about black men, its perceived as an attack

Im not saying that those conversations dont exist, because they do, but not EVERY convo is.

It was in another thread on a topic of something that happened between a man and a woman.

I agree everything said about black men in regards to black women isn't an attack on black men.

It was in another thread on a topic of something that happened between a man and a woman.

I agree everything said about black men in regards to black women isn't an attack on black men.
man, you better check my posting history here in the relationship forum lol

im "mr. It aint black or white"

I RARELY blame one party

Back