Welcome To aBlackWeb

Israel Prime Minister Says Country Is "At War"

Melissa Barrera Dropped From ‘Scream VII’ After Social Media Posts Amid Israel-Hamas War​

GettyImages-1442320033-copy.jpg

She led both 2022's 'Scream' and the sixth installment, released earlier this year.
Melissa Barrera is no longer starring in Scream VII. The actor was dropped from the project after a series of social media posts in the wake of the Israel-Hamas War

“Gaza is currently being treated like a concentration camp,” she wrote in one post on Instagram stories. “Cornering everyone together, with no where to go, no electricity no water … People have learnt nothing from our histories. And just like our histories, people are still silently watching it all happen. THIS IS GENOCIDE & ETHNIC CLEANSING.”

A spokesperson for Spyglass, the company behind the Scream franchise, issued a statement after the initial publication of this article: “Spyglass’ stance is unequivocally clear: We have zero tolerance for antisemitism or the incitement of hate in any form, including false references to genocide, ethnic cleansing, Holocaust distortion or anything that flagrantly crosses the line into hate.

THR has reached out to a rep for Barrera, who has made dozens of posts about the war since Hamas invaded Israel on Oct. 7.

Popular on THR​

Barrera helped revitalize the franchise with Scream, the 2022 feature that earned $137.7 million globally and combined generations of castmembers from the franchise. Barrera’s Sam Carpenter was the lead of that film, and the older sister of Jenna Ortega’s Tera. Barrera also starred in Scream VI, which was released in March and topped $168.9 million at the global box office.

Happy Death Day filmmaker Christopher Landon is taking over directing duties on Scream VII from filmmakers Radio Silence. Filming had not begun, and development had been slow amid the actors and writers strikes. Now, Spyglass is expected to recalibrate plans following Barrera’s firing. Paramount has handled distribution on the recent installments and is expected to return for the new film.

“This is my statement: 💔 Everything sucks. Stop yelling,” filmmaker Landon wrote on X Tuesday. “This was not my decision to make.”

Earlier on Tuesday, news broke that actor Susan Sarandon had been dropped by talent agency UTA following comments at a pro-Palestinian rally in New York City on Nov. 17.

Nov. 21: 5:16 p.m. Updated to include statements from Spyglass and Christopher Landon.

Let’s not forget that Blue Star country is one of the biggest exporters of diamonds in the world and that country has 0 diamond mines. Instead they pillage an African country that results in thousands of deaths and war every year

Let’s not forget that Blue Star country is one of the biggest exporters of diamonds in the world and that country has 0 diamond mines. Instead they pillage an African country that results in thousands of deaths and war every year
And made it hard for others to sell those same diamonds with putting out propaganda saying don’t buy “ blood diamonds”.

Basically any diamond not from them even tho most are from conflict zones

I don't know what else to say but some of these high-powered Jews are doing everything they can to try and prove the stereotypes about them to be correct. They are using their power maliciously against anyone with a viewpoint they don't like.
Serious questions. I don’t want to have to do a deep dive because I don’t remember

Why was the Jews kicked out of Europe?

Serious questions. I don’t want to have to do a deep dive because I don’t remember

Why was the Jews kicked out of Europe?

It's my understanding that they weren't really kicked out of Europe. They chose to go to Israel to create their own state. After WWII, Europe just gave them help with that effort to make up for the Holocaust.

It's my understanding that they weren't really kicked out of Europe. They chose to go to Israel to create their own state. After WWII, Europe just gave them help with that effort to make up for the Holocaust.
Okay.

My memory so foggy on this.

Wasn’t they doing something in Europe that white folks there didn’t like? Which lead to folks like Hikter to rise to power?

Okay.

My memory so foggy on this.

Wasn’t they doing something in Europe that white folks there didn’t like? Which lead to folks like Hikter to rise to power?

Nah not really. I'm sure European Jews in power were doing the same dirty shit that all people in power do. But as far as Hitler goes, Germany was down bad following WWI and he scapegoated the Jews to gain support and power. Jews have a long history of being scapegoats so that was par for the course. Now whether or not any Jews deserved any blame is probably debatable. I'd say it's always been the same as what we're seeing now. The average Jewish person is no different than the average person of any ethnicity. However, Jews seem to find themselves gaining power in particular industries, and they don't seem to have a problem using that power maliciously.

Back