Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is UGK A Top 5 Rap Group?

Is UGK A Top 5 Rap Group/Duo?

• Total voters
you keep making posts like this but you not posting your reasons for why you feel they arent in the discussion

you just keep saying they not better than _____ but you not listing any criteria you are basing your opinion on

I don’t know how many posters on here actually old enough to remember tha 90’s musically like that but I’m sorry to tell y’all that UGK was always “regional” ...like not even southern but like regional regional...I’ve been in tha south for 30 yrs now and when no limit, 8 Ball n MJG and groups like that were “poppin” wasn’t nobody not from Texas, Louisiana and tha surroundings states talkin’ about UGK...I went to damn near every bike week, Daytona and Freaknik and nobody was listening to UGK...I don’t hate them but they didn’t gain any popularity until Big Pimpin’...no diss just facts...and while it’s common knowledge that Ridin’ Dirty is a regional classic, not many people outside of Texas and those surrounding states talked about them like that back then...y’all can claim it’s east coast hate but I’m dead ass serious when I tell you that UGK was NOT poppin’ like that anywhere else but regionally in tha 90’s and most of their fame now comes from nostalgia

just b/c PE made Fight the Power dont make them a top 5 group

Rebel Without a Pause
Bring the Noise
Don't Believe the Hype
Night Of The Living Baseheads
Welcome to the Terrordome
Shut Em Down
Can't Do Nuttin' for Ya Man
911 is a Joke

Plus It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Fear of a Black Planet, Yo! Bum Rush the Show .

PE got the resume to be top 5/10

Crucial Conflict tho............ "riight"

I don’t know how many posters on here actually old enough to remember tha 90’s musically like that but I’m sorry to tell y’all that UGK was always “regional” ...like not even southern but like regional regional...I’ve been in tha south for 30 yrs now and when no limit, 8 Ball n MJG and groups like that were “poppin” wasn’t nobody not from Texas, Louisiana and tha surroundings states talkin’ about UGK...I went to damn near every bike week, Daytona and Freaknik and nobody was listening to UGK...I don’t hate them but they didn’t gain any popularity until Big Pimpin’...no diss just facts...and while it’s common knowledge that Ridin’ Dirty is a regional classic, not many people outside of Texas and those surrounding states talked about them like that back then...y’all can claim it’s east coast hate but I’m dead ass serious when I tell you that UGK was NOT poppin’ like that anywhere else but regionally in tha 90’s and most of their fame now comes from nostalgia
brah, my issue with this take is this is the same one that we southerners use when discussing East coast artists that were popping up north but not down here, yet we get ridiculed for this exact train of thought

i said i didnt listen to a full jay project until 2001 and niggas acted like i called their mother a bitch or something

we just wasnt fucking with him like that

Rebel Without a Pause
Bring the Noise
Don't Believe the Hype
Night Of The Living Baseheads
Welcome to the Terrordome
Shut Em Down
Can't Do Nuttin' for Ya Man
911 is a Joke

Plus It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Fear of a Black Planet, Yo! Bum Rush the Show .

PE got the resume to be top 5/10

Crucial Conflict tho............ "riight"
the crucial conflict mention was a joke

c'mon fam

you keep making posts like this but you not posting your reasons for why you feel they arent in the discussion

you just keep saying they not better than _____ but you not listing any criteria you are basing your opinion on

Because the shit is ridiculous to begin with

Nah We can get this outta the way Now Nobody from Our town (Chicago) Is Top 5 .U see how easy that was

U niggas feelings Legit be Hurt when these threads Be made

We talking Hip Hop top 5 & Niggas said 3-6 & UGK

We talking Music

U just said they better than Naughty by Nature Sit this one out Please

• Haha
Reactions: 1/2

A lot of niggas in DC was listening to UGK riding dirty around 97-98. Also plenty of folks was listening to that shit at Del. St. when I went up there for there homecoming around that time.

Popularity is not equal to quality.

Because the shit is ridiculous to begin with

Nah We can get this outta the way Now Nobody from Our town (Chicago) Is Top 5 .U see how easy that was

U niggas feelings Legit be Hurt when these threads Be made

We talking Hip Hop top 5 & Niggas said 3-6 & UGK

We talking Music

U just said they better than Naughty by Nature Sit this one out Please
how are feelings being hurt b/c we disagree with you?

i personally have not called you or anyone that disagrees out of your names so explain this logic that disagreeing = catching feelings?

Im just not gonna let you just say nah, go back and forth with you and you provide NOTHING to back up your opinion.

Those days over b/c you come off as mad uninformed and just are saying they not b/c you personally didnt fuck with them.

Dont get it twisted, im all about the jokes and shit, but this feelings shit that gets brought up every time one of these threads gets made is tired

the crucial conflict mention was a joke

c'mon fam

tenor.gif
....had a nigga worried for min slim.

brah, my issue with this take is this is the same one that we southerners use when discussing East coast artists that were popping up north but not down here, yet we get ridiculed for this exact train of thought

i said i didnt listen to a full jay project until 2001 and niggas acted like i called their mother a bitch or something

we just wasnt fucking with him like that
But there’s a difference in not fucking wit Jay because you just didn’t want to and not fuckin’ wit UGK because you didn’t even know who tf they were fam...you chose to be southern bias but we didn’t know UGK existed for tha most part..

Case in point Hay by Crucial Conflict is a bigger and more recognizable song than ANY UGK solo song!! Am I sayin’ they’re better?? Nah...but I know gay video was getting play on National TV shows at a point when y’all claimin’ a top 5 hip hop group EVER was makin’ “classic” albums...gotta prove my claim to them bein’ “regional-regional” right??

How did these guys hear bout them if they weren't popular outside of Texas?

A lot of niggas in DC was listening to UGK riding dirty around 97-98. Also plenty of folks was listening to that shit at Del. St. when I went up there for there homecoming around that time.

Popularity is not equal to quality.

@Goldie ....this true fam?? I got niggaz from DC and Virginia who were not pumpin’ UGK at any point in 97-98...and I stayed at college homecomings up and down tha east coast...FAMU HC they’d be playin’ some chopped and screwed shit but it was tha Texas boys at tha school doin’ that

How did these guys here bout them if they weren't popular outside of Texas?

Don’t do this bruh...I’m not watching that clip but I see Rick Ross in tha thumb nail...at no point did I say they were complete unknowns to industry people and southern states in close proximity to Texas...ofc Florida, Alabama, Ga, Mississippi etc people knew who they were but not like they new other southern groups at that time...it just is what it is bruh...

Back