Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is UGK A Top 5 Rap Group?

Is UGK A Top 5 Rap Group/Duo?

• Total voters
But there’s a difference in not fucking wit Jay because you just didn’t want to and not fuckin’ wit UGK because you didn’t even know who tf they were fam...you chose to be southern bias but we didn’t know UGK existed for tha most part..

Case in point Hay by Crucial Conflict is a bigger and more recognizable song than ANY UGK solo song!! Am I sayin’ they’re better?? Nah...but I know gay video was getting play on National TV shows at a point when y’all claimin’ a top 5 hip hop group EVER was makin’ “classic” albums...gotta prove my claim to them bein’ “regional-regional” right??

niggas wasnt fucking with Jay b/c he wasnt getting no play here on the radio

shocking i know

i always liked his singles that came on Rap City, but just never thought to check for him outside of those

That wasnt a southern bias in play. FWIW, i know MAYBE one cat or two i went to HS with that was fucking with Biggie. The dude who really put me onto Jay was a dude I went to college with who had an older brother who used to travel around the country for work and shit and would send him cds and shit. Heard BP1 in its entirety, bought it, and been a fan ever since.

up north niggas be the ones with the bias angle and not trying to hear nothing not made by them. South cats will give all regions a spin at least once

@Goldie ....this true fam?? I got niggaz from DC and Virginia who were not pumpin’ UGK at any point in 97-98...and I stayed at college homecomings up and down tha east coast...FAMU HC they’d be playin’ some chopped and screwed shit but it was tha Texas boys at tha school doin’ that

Ok and? Changes nothing I said

@Goldie ....this true fam?? I got niggaz from DC and Virginia who were not pumpin’ UGK at any point in 97-98...and I stayed at college homecomings up and down tha east coast...FAMU HC they’d be playin’ some chopped and screwed shit but it was tha Texas boys at tha school doin’ that

Niggas in my age bracket? Nah. But i was only in elementary/middle school during those years.

It was mainly bad boy shit. No Limit was being played too.

nigga plz.gif
U said they were better than Naughty & P.E.

Not to mention u wasn't put on to the Gawds Biggie & Hov til late in ya life

U done out here

View attachment 152327
U said they were better than Naughty & P.E.

Not to mention u wasn't put on to the Gawds Biggie & Hov til late in ya life

U done out here

i'll give you $10MABW bucks right now if you can make that make sense for me

what does this have to do with ANYTHING we talking about

and LMAO at 18 being late in life

Ok and? Changes nothing I said

It does bruh...you came in makin’ a statement about people listenin’ to UGK in DC and I went to a DC poster and pulled from my own experiences to know you blowin’ smoke lol...again I’m not sayin’ nobody didn’t know who they were but y’all buggin’ if you tellin’ me UGK had a big...hell even a “noticeable” following outside of Texas and tha surrounding southern states...but y’all got it...rewrote history fellas lol

niggas wasnt fucking with Jay b/c he wasnt getting no play here on the radio

shocking i know

i always liked his singles that came on Rap City, but just never thought to check for him outside of those

That wasnt a southern bias in play. FWIW, i know MAYBE one cat or two i went to HS with that was fucking with Biggie. The dude who really put me onto Jay was a dude I went to college with who had an older brother who used to travel around the country for work and shit and would send him cds and shit. Heard BP1 in its entirety, bought it, and been a fan ever since.

up north niggas be the ones with the bias angle and not trying to hear nothing not made by them. South cats will give all regions a spin at least once

Ok bruh...so Hard Knock Life wasn’t played on tha radio hunh?? Lol...Jay didn’t do a history making nationwide tour of only east coast rappers that sold out EVERY stadium they played around this time hunh?!

Lmao...y’all got it

:hahaha:

It does bruh...you came in makin’ a statement about people listenin’ to UGK in DC and I went to a DC poster and pulled from my own experiences to know you blowin’ smoke lol...again I’m not sayin’ nobody didn’t know who they were but y’all buggin’ if you tellin’ me UGK had a big...hell even a “noticeable” following outside of Texas and tha surrounding southern states...but y’all got it...rewrote history fellas lol

He not from DC he from VA to be exact. Also changes nothing I said cause he from a completely different age bracket. What him and folks his age was listening to obviously wasn't what folks my age at that time was listening to.

The whole point of my post was to show you exactly that your own experiences ain't the be all end all. Those are your experiences and yours alone. Anybody can say what their experiences were and it only represents one thing and one thing only YOUR EXPERIENCES and nothing else.

So try again to find somebody who can back your claim cause @Goldie ain't it. He didn't verify your statement nor refute mine.

He not a DC he from VA to be exact. Also changes nothing I said cause he from a completely different age bracket. What him and folks his age was listening to obviously wasn't what folks my age at that time was listening to.

The whole point of my post was to show you exactly that your own experiences ain't the be all end all. Those are your experiences and yours alone. Anybody can say what their experiences were and it only represents one thing and one thing only YOUR EXPERIENCES and nothing else.

So try again to find somebody who can back your claim cause @Goldie ain't it. He didn't verify your statement nor refute mine.

My pops is born and raised in dc, my fam is in dc, when i turn on the tv its dc channels, when i go clubbin it's in dc, everything i do is dc.

This whole dc vs md vs va shit is corny slim.

Even the baby pic in my avi is me in dc apparel in dc lol u got it tho.

My pops is born and raised in dc, my fam is in dc, when i turn on the tv its dc channels, when i go clubbin it's in dc, everything i do is dc.

I always thought you niggas was a united front, I remember niggas wouldn't even say they were from Virginia but say that DMV shit

Who said anything from about DC vs MD vs VA.

Where your father was raised and your family live ain't where you live. You said yourself you from Richmond Highway. Which is in VA correct? Kind of close to DC but still VA. So in other words you don't have a DC address and didn't grow up in DC. Which means what you experience about DC and ain't the same as somebody who lived in the city themselves.

Speaking those facts ain't attacking your character or down talking you.

I always thought you niggas was a united front, I remember niggas wouldn't even say they were from Virginia but say that DMV shit

Nah dc niggas always talk shit about va niggas claiming the dc area even though we’re 5 mins from each other

Back