Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is the conscious community frauds?

Tariq is everything Sharpton wanted to be. But it's funny you brought him up because you don't see the same people who are vouching in for Tariq in here talking about sharpton or Jesse Jackson do you? You said that yourself basically. So It's not like we're easily swindled or naive, it's because to Tariq is actually the real deal in this context. Again, this is coming from someone who has never donated a dime to him

giphy.gif

All the countless dollar$$$ he has collected over the years, Tariq doesn't have any TANGIBLE infrastructure in place to help anyone but himself.
As already pointed out the money he uses to pay for a funeral here and there is what he asked his followers donate to him
So no, he's not paying for anything....YOU all are.

Concerning Sharpton, I think he perfectly articulate here, why dudes like Tariq and other so-called conscious pro-black militants,hoteps etc.
are ultimately only (impotent) commentators. Glorified clout chasers

Last edited:
It all comes down to what you're looking for. Tariq puts info out there and addresses incidents here and there as it happens. There is merit to that, and I personally have never suggested otherwise. I just don't believe he's this leader of a conscious movement that some people are claiming he is. I feel like there have to be people out there who are more on the ground and doing real work to make change. Those are the people that we should be holding up and pushing as the leaders of this conscious movement not Tariq and Umar.

I don't know about the money stuff and I'm not going to get into that. If people are sending Tariq money because they like what he's doing, then fine, he shouldn't be knocked for that. Now if people are sending him money for a specific reason and he's not fulfilling that, that's a different story and he should be held accountable. I don't really know what he's doing one way or the other. Also, I'm no Sharpton fan. I feel like he has has been motivated to increase his own stature and has, at times, made some decisions about what he was going to stand for and how he was going to make a stand based on how it would help him moreso than the community. That said, I think he's probably been pretty effective at bringing attention to problems and has probably made some impact somewhere. I don't think any of these guys should be outright dismissed. We just have to learn to take them for who they are and what they are actually capable of delivering.

I just don't believe he's this leader of a conscious movement that some people are claiming he is.
Like who? Because he’s never claimed to be a leader of anything.

Now if people are sending him money for a specific reason and he's not fulfilling that, that's a different story and he should be held accountable.
He’s asked for donations for certain projects like Hidden Colors and 1804 and he’s delivered on what he said he was going to do. He also puts up his own money into his projects.

Like who? Because he’s never claimed to be a leader of anything.

I didn't say he claimed to be anything. However, it's a fact that every time we talk about the conscious community, his name comes up as if he is a prominent or leading figure within the community. Now it may be true that sometimes he's brought up by people trying to use him to discredit the community as a whole. I can't say to what extent it's one way or the other.

He’s asked for donations for certain projects like Hidden Colors and 1804 and he’s delivered on what he said he was going to do. He also puts up his own money into his projects.

Oh, well if that's what the issue is, I don't understand how anyone can be criticizing him for that. It's basically just crowdfunding. There's nothing wrong with that.

It's true. Tariq has never claimed to be and has vehemently rejected being label a "leader"
He only wants the respect, acclaim and influence of leadership and all the "reward$" that comes with it. Not the responsibility and accountability.

I didn't say he claimed to be anything. However, it's a fact that every time we talk about the conscious community, his name comes up as if he is a prominent or leading figure within the community. Now it may be true that sometimes he's brought up by people trying to use him to discredit the community as a whole. I can't say to what extent it's one way or the other.
You said he was being claimed as a leader and I’m asking by who? Because no one here implied that.

You said he was being claimed as a leader and I’m asking by who? Because no one here implied that.

I literally just explained what I meant in the very post you quoted. Maybe "claimed" was a bad word to use but if you're going to ignore everything else I said just to nitpick word choice, you're clearly not trying to have a reasonable discussion.

I literally just explained what I meant in the very post you quoted. Maybe "claimed" was a bad word to use but if you're going to ignore everything else I said just to nitpick word choice, you're clearly not trying to have a reasonable discussion.
And i addressed that point already by asking you by who, who are propping him up as a leading figure?

Oh, well if that's what the issue is, I don't understand how anyone can be criticizing him for that. It's basically just crowdfunding. There's nothing wrong with that.

After a while he should have his own income to create his projects. He still asking for donations on the daily

And i addressed that point already by asking you by who, who are propping him up as a leading figure?

You didn't address what I said. I pointed out that his name always comes up as a prominent or leading figure whenever the conscious community is discussed. Me being able to name exact names for you doesn't make or break that statement. This topic is proof in itself because the primary discussion is about Tariq and not the community as a whole. If he wasn't seen as a prominent figure, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Nobody goes to a basketball game and spends time talking about the players that never get off the bench.

After a while he should have his own income to create his projects. He still asking for donations on the daily

Why do you say that? Lots of people that create projects like these have investors. He's simply opting to go with taking money from the people who would benefit from the work moreso than corporate interests who might impose on the projects.

You didn't address what I said. I pointed out that his name always comes up as a prominent or leading figure whenever the conscious community is discussed. Me being able to name exact names for you doesn't make or break that statement. This topic is proof in itself because the primary discussion is about Tariq and not the community as a whole. If he wasn't seen as a prominent figure, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Nobody goes to a basketball game and spends time talking about the players that never get off the bench.

Why do you say that? Lots of people that create projects like these have investors. He's simply opting to go with taking money from the people who would benefit from the work moreso than corporate interests who might impose on the projects.
I’m asking you who’s saying that in here? Of course I wouldn’t expect you to name random names.

Fair enough, I acknowledged that could be a possibility. I was thinking more about the IC convos though. Umar and Tariq were pretty much the only people mentioned as far as the conscious communities go, for good or bad.
That’s different than people looking to them as leaders.

This a complete bullshit ass statement.

It's fucking billionaires out here who still seek investors for projects and new ideas but Tariq shouldn't.

Just say you don't like that nigga and think he on some bullshit than to keep saying retarded shit like that.

Last edited:
That’s different than people looking to them as leaders.

You think so? If we're talking about a sports team and people always bring up one player in particular, you don't think that player is considered the lead or at least the best person on the team? It's not really any different for other organizations or movements. If people aren't talking about him like that because a leader, then at the very least they consider him one of the most prominent members of the movement.

You think so? If we're talking about a sports team and people always bring up one player in particular, you don't think that player is considered the lead or at least the best person on the team? It's not really any different for other organizations or movements. If people aren't talking about him like that because a leader, then at the very least they consider him one of the most prominent members of the movement.
You're making 2 different points and lumping them together as one. Because popular=leader is not accurate..

You're making 2 different points and lumping them together as one. Because popular=leader is not accurate..

I think you're using too strict of a definition of the word leader. I'm not saying Tariq is out there giving commands and dictating where the movement goes. I'm saying he's seen as one of the most influential people in the movement and in some ways, one of the faces of it. That too is a form of leadership.

I think you're using too strict of a definition of the word leader. I'm not saying Tariq is out there giving commands and dictating where the movement goes. I'm saying he's seen as one of the most influential people in the movement and in some ways, one of the faces of it. That too is a form of leadership.
I can agree with the bold.

Back