Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Sex Work, Work?

It is "past", and I can give y'all a grammar lesson if you really want. I write technical documentation and manuals for a living, this is the kind of thing I have to know.

I'd like the grammar lesson. No sarcasm. Maybe I'm wrong. I mean...I'm NOT. But maybe I am. It's not 'past' because that word refers to time. Like taking place in the past. PAST, present, future. 'Passed' refers to refers to 'pass', which means to move beyond something, physically or metaphorically. Like...someone moving PASSED one level and on to another.

No? Let's hash this out.

I'd like the grammar lesson. No sarcasm. Maybe I'm wrong. I mean...I'm NOT. But maybe I am. It's not 'past' because that word refers to time. Like taking place in the past. PAST, present, future. 'Passed' refers to refers to 'pass', which means to move beyond something, physically or metaphorically. Like...someone moving PASSED one level and on to another.

No? Let's hash this out.

People get "past" vs "passed" fucked up about as often as "they're" vs "their" vs "there".

"Passed" is the past participle of the verb "pass" or "to pass". It's both a transitive and intransitive verb, meaning that it can either be used alone (intransitive) or require a subject (transitive); in this case it's being used as a transitive verb. In the sentence as written, it means " to move in a path so as to approach and continue beyond something : move past" (source: Merriam Webster Dictionary). In this sentence, the subject "I" has a verb "am", the present first person tense of the word "be", as the contraction "I'm". Stating "am passed" doesn't make sense as a compound verb, phrasal verb, or prepositional verb since you have a verb in the present tense (am) conflicting with a verb in the past tense (passed). You would need to change the verb "passed" to match the tense of the verb "am" and you would come up with "passing"; the present participle of "pass". For this phrase, however, "I'm passing that level" is simply not what he's trying to say.

"Past", however, can be a noun, an adverb, an adjective, and a preposition. In this example it's acting as a preposition.

Within the context of the phrase "I'm past that level" you are not speaking as if actively moving beyond something (passing) or have recently moved beyond it (passed), you are referencing a time prior to the moment you're in, (aka "the past") which would be the correct description as indicated by the remainder of the sentence. "Past", as preposition, creates a temporal relation between "I", the subject, and the prepositional complement "that level". It also acts as an adjunct to the verb "am", as a part of the contraction "I'm". When used as a preposition "past" means "beyond in position (time or space)", which is precisely the context in which it's used in this sentence.

Why one over the other is a matter of context: To refer to a previous station or moment in life, you are speaking of time and the prepositional phrase "past that level" makes sense: The subject "I", in the state of being "am", enhanced and described by the definition of "past" (beyond in position) completed by the prepositional complement "that level".

To make it work with "passed" you would need to change the verb in the contraction from "am" to "have" and replace "gon" with "will have" to indicate a future occurence:

"I've passed that level and one day they will have passed that level"

Also to legalize sex work is to give Uncle Sam a cut. And more tax money is the only incentive for them to want it legalized, not for the wholesome reasons ya'll are stating

What hoe wants the government as her pimp?

Government is everybody pimp. Pay taxes to the feds vs paying taxes to pimp who might break your face?

People get "past" vs "passed" fucked up about as often as "they're" vs "their" vs "there".

"Passed" is the past participle of the verb "pass" or "to pass". It's both a transitive and intransitive verb, meaning that it can either be used alone (intransitive) or require a subject (transitive); in this case it's being used as a transitive verb. In the sentence as written, it means " to move in a path so as to approach and continue beyond something : move past" (source: Merriam Webster Dictionary). In this sentence, the subject "I" has a verb "am", the present first person tense of the word "be", as the contraction "I'm". Stating "am passed" doesn't make sense as a compound verb, phrasal verb, or prepositional verb since you have a verb in the present tense (am) conflicting with a verb in the past tense (passed). You would need to change the verb "passed" to match the tense of the verb "am" and you would come up with "passing"; the present participle of "pass". For this phrase, however, "I'm passing that level" is simply not what he's trying to say.

"Past", however, can be a noun, an adverb, an adjective, and a preposition. In this example it's acting as a preposition.

Within the context of the phrase "I'm past that level" you are not speaking as if actively moving beyond something (passing) or have recently moved beyond it (passed), you are referencing a time prior to the moment you're in, (aka "the past") which would be the correct description as indicated by the remainder of the sentence. "Past", as preposition, creates a temporal relation between "I", the subject, and the prepositional complement "that level". It also acts as an adjunct to the verb "am", as a part of the contraction "I'm". When used as a preposition "past" means "beyond in position (time or space)", which is precisely the context in which it's used in this sentence.

Why one over the other is a matter of context: To refer to a previous station or moment in life, you are speaking of time and the prepositional phrase "past that level" makes sense: The subject "I", in the state of being "am", enhanced and described by the definition of "past" (beyond in position) completed by the prepositional complement "that level".

To make it work with "passed" you would need to change the verb in the contraction from "am" to "have" and replace "gon" with "will have" to indicate a future occurence:

"I've passed that level and one day they will have passed that level"

Got it. You right. I was looking solely at the 'past' vs 'passed', without thinking about the tense of the verb it was attached to - 'AM' and not 'WAS'. Salute. *daps*

Thank you.

Last edited:
In a lot of other countries it's legal and regulated. Not just "3rd world" countries also. Not too mention in certain areas of Nevada.

I can understand why many are opposed to legalizing it though

Legal sex won't work like that because niggas be holding the women they fucking to tight.

Look at how men react when they find out they side chick got side niggas. Now times 10 when a nigga see a chick he paying for kissing every other nigga on the block

The Male ego is a fragile thing

Legal sex won't work like that because niggas be holding the women they fucking to tight.

Look at how men react when they find out they side chick got side niggas. Now times 10 when a nigga see a chick he paying for kissing every other nigga on the block

The Male ego is a fragile thing

nah, 'cause you remove the emotion when you make it a commodity. When it's simply an exchange of money for services, niggas whole mentality shifts. What's going to happen, though, is that there's going to be a period of time where niggas gonna be expecting top-tier performance no matter what they pay until it becomes the norm. When that happens they'll understand that, like with food, the more you pay the better the product. They ain't walking up in the discount brothel expecting excellent pussy or head just like they ain't finna walk up in a McDonalds expecting Wagu beef.

nah, 'cause you remove the emotion when you make it a commodity. When it's simply an exchange of money for services, niggas whole mentality shifts. What's going to happen, though, is that niggas gonna be expecting top-tier performance no matter what they pay until it becomes the norm. When that happens they'll understand that, like with food, the more you pay the better the product. They ain't walking up in the discount brothel expecting excellent pussy or head just like they ain't finna walk up in a McDonalds expecting Wagu beef.
That's cool to write but you and I both know that's untrue

Niggas get more possessive when they paying for it

That's cool to write but you and I both know that's untrue

Niggas get more possessive when they paying for it

So you saying there are men catching feelings after they pick a chick off the corner and smashing now? I never met a dude that was hurt the chick he picked up was picked up by another dude the next day/night.

Cause that same shit is happening as we speak. We just saying legalize an activity that is already wide spread.

So you saying there are men catching feelings after they pick a chick off the corner and smashing now? I never met a dude that was hurt the chick he picked up was picked up by another dude the next day/night.

Cause that same shit is happening as we speak. We just saying legalize an activity that is already wide spread.

this @Chicity

Niggas ain't catchin' hooker feels 'cause they smashed last night.

I hear yall fellas but it wont be the same like the hookers of old.

These gonna be day walkers, feelings will be caught

Back