Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Marvel's Black Panther movie really a "special moment" for Black America??

If the Patriots win the Super Bowl. The Oscars, Some rapper named LIl dropping an album, New Jordans(minus the Dashiki print)

Sports is sports and it's definitely not a celebration for black people lol

I've said a million times on here that we need to stop giving a fuck about the oscars/grammys and we need to create our own award shows and BLACK PEOPLE need to champion that award show just as much if not more than we do with the grammys/oscars.

Lil "jwoiejfwo" dropping an album isn't a special moment for black people either.

Black owned, black actors, black staff. That is something we should give Tyler props for. It don’t matter because his movies are marketed towards black church going people.

Black owned ain't to be celebrated if it causes harm overall to the community.

The majority of his flicks have created interpersonal issues between Black men and women. If a Black woman you've just met is a TP fan, down to his TV shows, particularly the joints on OWN, and you happen to even remotely fit the mold of one of his characters, then she's already got an idea of who you are based on his output. People that flock to TP movies are very easily influenced by that kind of shit and it fucks with the community at large.

Give you an example: a lot of white collar Black men caught a lot of flack behind "Diary of a Mad Black Woman". Where professional, non-church going Black men were suddenly looked upon with scorn (granted, blue collar niggas got a boost so there's that). "For Colored Girls" was just all the way fucked up for Black men and "Precious" with it's AIDS infected incestuous rapist father damned sure didn't help (TP produced this flick and his name was heavily attached to it during promotions).

Fuck TP.

The other day I was watching an African Martial Arts movie. It was what you would say corny. But I watched the entire thing and my wife looked at me like I was crazy. Then I told her I could only name 3 black men in martial arts movies Jim Kelly, Taemek and Kareem Abdul Jabar. Imagery is everything.

Damn bruh... Wesley Snipes and Michael Jai White are both black belts. Billy Blanks would prolly lay a roundhouse kick to your head for forgetting about him as well.

One some real shit im about purpose..ambition just for the sake of cash is aimless..if you dont have a strong sense of self/pride/ confidence and dont seek to better the path for others..then what are you really doing. if you are not fostering a better environment by being faithful/j accountable blah blah then what is the point the cash doesnt improve anything if that is your guiding light.

Damn bruh... Wesley Snipes and Michael Jai White are both black belts. Billy Blanks would prolly lay a roundhouse kick to your head for forgetting about him as well.
Wesley became a black belt after acting and I don’t think of him as a Martial artist only and Billy Blanks ..... it was what came to mind first. Next time I will give my wife more of a list but she doesn’t know anyone mentioned anyway besides Wesley.

One some real shit im about purpose..ambition just for the sake of cash is aimless..if you dont have a strong sense of self/pride/ confidence and dont seek to better the path for others..then what are you really doing. if you are not fostering a better environment by being faithful/j accountable blah blah then what is the point the cash doesnt improve anything if that is your guiding light.
does it have to be done publicly in front of cameras?

Black owned ain't to be celebrated if it causes harm overall to the community.

The majority of his flicks have created interpersonal issues between Black men and women. If a Black woman you've just met is a TP fan, down to his TV shows, particularly the joints on OWN, and you happen to even remotely fit the mold of one of his characters, then she's already got an idea of who you are based on his output. People that flock to TP movies are very easily influenced by that kind of shit and it fucks with the community at large.

Give you an example: a lot of white collar Black men caught a lot of flack behind "Diary of a Mad Black Woman". Where professional, non-church going Black men were suddenly looked upon with scorn (granted, blue collar niggas got a boost so there's that). "For Colored Girls" was just all the way fucked up for Black men and "Precious" with it's AIDS infected incestuous rapist father damned sure didn't help (TP produced this flick and his name was heavily attached to it during promotions).

Fuck TP.
His movies ain’t for me and he hires black actors and film crew/staff etc. his movies aren’t causing harm to the community, he has a niche and he sticks to and his audience loves his flicks. It is what it is

In a perfect world that would work, but based on the current state of black people, we can't afford to try to figure out the owner's heart. I can't wait to see if i wanna support the sista who has a corner store cuz I don't know where her heart lies in regards to black people as a whole. All i know is it's a sista out here creating her own and I'll rather support her business than to go to one of these white businesses and give them more of my money.

His movies ain’t for me and he hires black actors and film crew/staff etc. his movies aren’t causing harm to the community, he has a niche and he sticks to and his audience loves his flicks. It is what it is

His output shape the perception of Black men with those Black women that flock to see his shit. That's where the damage is done.

Shit, for that matter dope niggas employ Black folks as well and them niggas are celebrated as heroes too so I guess it's par for the course.

Last edited:
does it have to be done publicly in front of cameras?

Why not the other side is being promoted as if its a norm loudly and proudly.. or a standard bearer for whats right. but if you foster an environment that gives that vibe off you dont even have to do.. it just is and recognized

Where was all of this energy, and excitement when the Nat Turner movie "A Birth Of A Nation" came out? I saw how people are trying to pool money for bus rides for kids to see Black Panther, but didn't have this energy for Nat Turner who is a real life hero.

Also, it's not lost on me that Disney is going to drop this during Black History month, and Disney is getting all of the money. The cast of Black Panther is going to only get a fraction of the money, and they don't have any equity.

Even though I'm watching the Black Panther movie, it's not a special moment for black America. It's just another movie that's going to drop.

Last edited:
I still don't think those rape allegations coming out right before Birth of a Nation dropping was a coincidence

Does anybody say that's a celebration for black people?

Now Q creating worldstar IS a celebration for black people. That's ownership of a multi-million dollar company.

Ummmm despite Q building his own platform which is to be commended, it was built by displaying ignorance to the masses.

Where was all of this when the Nat Turner movie "A Birth Of A Nation" came out? I saw how people are trying to pool money for bus rides for kids to see Black Panther, but didn't have this energy for Nat Turner who is a real life hero.

Also, it's not lost on me that Disney is going to drop this during Black History month, and Disney is getting all of the money. The cast of Black Panther is going to only get a fraction of the money, and they don't have any equity.

Even though I'm watching the Black Panther movie, it's not a special moment for black America. It's just another movie that's going to drop.
this

Back