Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Marvel's Black Panther movie really a "special moment" for Black America??

What's funny about this is the same niggas bitchn' bout how it really black people profiting from it, be the same niggas shitting on Tyler Perry.

Perry built his own lil black hollywood in GA, but niggas stay shitting on him cuz he don't make movies you like. Which is cool, but the constant shit he always get is unnecessary, just say it ain't for me and keep it moving.

Cause Tyler Perry makes movies where he portrays black men as low down evil mf'ers, fuck that nigga

The other day I was watching an African Martial Arts movie. It was what you would say corny. But I watched the entire thing and my wife looked at me like I was crazy. Then I told her I could only name 3 black men in martial arts movies Jim Kelly, Taemek and Kareem Abdul Jabar. Imagery is everything.

"for black history month nike's gonna make limited edition dashiki air force 1's"

Niggas:
president-Obama-Black-Community.jpg

So your problem is it is being released during the month they give us to celebrate our history? I celebrate my history every day.
lol,

that's good for you, but most folk are very impressionable., easily influenced...the go with whatever is hot at the moment......and i see them getting really excited about a movie and associating it to a symbolism that i'm not so sure it truly represents

The other day I was watching an African Martial Arts movie. It was what you would say corny. But I watched the entire thing and my wife looked at me like I was crazy. Then I told her I could only name 3 black men in martial arts movies Jim Kelly, Taemek and Kareem Abdul Jabar. Imagery is everything.
if you never heard of michael jai white then you lost

It's 2018!!! We (blacks) were doing better in the 90s, we're going backwards. Yall can't tell?

I ain't agreeing w/ much of what Goldie is saying but he is a 1000% right about this.

I could rattle off 20-30 black movies from 90-99 but from 2000 on"riight"

if it wasn't for Tyler Perry it would be looking shaky.

Last edited:
"for black history month nike's gonna make limited edition dashiki air force 1's"

Niggas:
next time you see a nigga in a dashi i ask him what country or even region of afirca is his sht representing..

either you gonna learn something or lo....well either way you gonna learn something,.....one just might be funnier than the other

So maybe his wording is what your taking issue with.. i dont see it as a "special moment" per-say but it will havea net positive that special. this will do 3 films and be an inspiration to make even more films with a cast of negros thats projected out to the world at large thats special

Idgaf about perception, that's not tangible. Damn near every black comedian had his own show and handful of movies in the 90s, we've been there before, look where we're at now. OWNERSHIP, is what we need to be aiming at and celebrating.

That's why posted that jay clip, how long are we gonna keep making these companies billionaires and getting crumbs and for what? Perception of greatness while we're struggling like a mf?

Cmon black people, we gotta do better

Niggas:
I hear you but do you have the same disdain for the bullshit niggas celebrate everyday or is it cool cuz the" white man getting paid off of all of that"... is it just about the dollar and who controls it.?

BOOM!

@King Du always on that division shit
naw man different is different

you can't just adopt some shit cuz you want to.

There is no one in my family that is African. No one that have ever been to Africa. No African dialect. No African culture. We do not have any African customs. We do not speak any African languages. Worship any African religions. Nothing about our experience is the African experience.

We are all welcome to learn about African Culture and countries. but that does not make us african. We can trace our blood back to the ancestors before slavery, but that does not make us african. Africa is a fuckign contitnent. An extremely large continent with a shitload of countries. There are different regions and customs and entire histories that are different and unique to numerous and extensive civilizations that are in Africa, and may of those civilizations have ties to almost ever civilization on this planet....to claim to just be African is the same as just claiming to be human...the first man likely came from Africa.. we all are Africans in essence... but in reality every body is different..

A Ghanan-American, a Nigerian-American, a Malaysian-American...those are African Americans...

but I consider myself a Black American.

there's a difference imo

Last edited:
I wonder if wypipo criticize their movies when it's an all white cast? Like what do they say?

I hear you but do you have the same disdain for the bullshit niggas celebrate everyday or is it cool cuz the" white man getting paid off of all of that"... is it just about the dollar and who controls it.?

Before I answer what are examples of bullshit niggas celebrate everyday?

b10509f57bdea32e713183a268fc56cf--funny-things-funny-stuff.jpg

If the Patriots win the Super Bowl. The Oscars, Some rapper named LIl dropping an album, New Jordans(minus the Dashiki print)
niggaz shouldn't be caing abotu the superbowl, we boycotting remeber?
nigagz boycotting the oscars too, or only rooting for the black movies....black panther will be in it next year... we'll watch then
i hate all them lil niggaz
only jordans i ever bought were apparently fake.....which is cool, cuz i got them for the super low

Back