Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Marvel's Black Panther movie really a "special moment" for Black America??

NO THERE ARE NOT
NO THERE ARE NOT THIS IS A LIE
A DIRTY DIRTY LIE

black americans have shitloads of positive images......we have tons of things to celebrate.....that's the whole irony of this conversation....during the 1 time of the year..when we normally truly embrace those positive images.......they drop

"the blackest movie in hollywood" about some make believe motherfuckers....

and niggaz eating it up.....

that's something worth being talked about
OK let’s talk about how many positive super heroes are in your face. I am not talking about the ones we found on our own because we research and study. I am talking about the ones that are in our faces daily. I am talking about the fact that in the train station this morning there were 4 posters.

I agree but we couldn’t have done this on our own. We didnt own the rights. Look at what they did to Wesley Snipes and he owned Blade.

There's a bunch of great black writers who can create a dope and better comic book character, we just have to support em. Like Du said, I'm definitely gonna watch Black Panther and it's probably gonna be good. But it's definitely not time to celebrate lol

@King Du you like comic books and super heroes but you are against this? Why? You championed The Flash if I remember correctly. As a comic book fan you are not excited about this?
i like comics, i love the black lightning tv show, i'm probably gonna like this movie..i know reading the new BP series is on my to do list....

however...with it's growing popularity and trendiness...i've begin to notice an annoyance that i feel is getting outta hand.....

normally i keep shit like this to myself, cu know i can be a hater.... but when i saw this thread, i literally shouted a little, cuz i've been feeling this way for a minute......

it's gonna be a dope movie..... but let's not pretend it's the greatest thing black people ever done...especially during a time when we're supposed to be talking about the greatest shit black people ever done...

but i kinda feel like niggaz gonna nig regardless......but this one is a little but more annoying.....cuz niggaz couting this one as a win, when under closer review this is a L like a mtoherfucker.....

but not too many people gonna call it out

What's funny about this is the same niggas bitchn' bout how it really black people profiting from it, be the same niggas shitting on Tyler Perry.

Perry built his own lil black hollywood in GA, but niggas stay shitting on him cuz he don't make movies you like. Which is cool, but the constant shit he always get is unnecessary, just say it ain't for me and keep it moving.

Real quick. there is a film called birth of a nation .. No not that one..

The film that was screened in the white house a fictional racist movie about savage black people with every nasty twisted imagination of the black American negro..this film was highly influential.. and just hearing about what was in the film was enough to help mass produce the perception of black people and the stereotypes that it helped spread..

Films, music,media have power
word. that film kicked up KKK recruitment IIRC.

Since 2010, there' been at least 100 comic book movies, after a 100 comic book movies these white mfs finally give yall a movie and it's a celebration :lolfoh:

We've had Black comic book flicks before

marvel-blade-wesley-snipes.jpg

spawn-movie-1012841-1280x0.jpg

Niggas forgot that Blade was so popular it had two sequels.

because i'm an american. i have always lived in america. i have always had an american's experience. this is who i am, this has shaped who i am. if i refuse to embrace who i am for ANY OTHER culture, i lose track of my own identity.....and everything you typed after this is directly trying to get me to do so.....

"riight"

I read this and thought of this

:yikes1:

i like comics, i love the black lightning tv show, i'm probably gonna like this movie..i know reading the new BP series is on my to do list....

however...with it's growing popularity and trendiness...i've begin to notice an annoyance that i feel is getting outta hand.....

normally i keep shit like this to myself, cu know i can be a hater.... but when i saw this thread, i literally shouted a little, cuz i've been feeling this way for a minute......

it's gonna be a dope movie..... but let's not pretend it's the greatest thing black people ever done...especially during a time when we're supposed to be talking about the greatest shit black people ever done...

but i kinda feel like niggaz gonna nig regardless......but this one is a little but more annoying.....cuz niggaz couting this one as a win, when under closer review this is a L like a mtoherfucker.....

but not too many people gonna call it out
So your problem is it is being released during the month they give us to celebrate our history? I celebrate my history every day.

OK let’s talk about how many positive super heroes are in your face. I am not talking about the ones we found on our own because we research and study. I am talking about the ones that are in our faces daily. I am talking about the fact that in the train station this morning there were 4 posters.
you're right they're typically all white.....but the same white people pushing the black one now..to capitalize off of black people during black history month.....

and when i said images, i wasn't talking just images in movies and superheros on posters....i'm talking allllll images of black folk.....black people do a lot of positive stuff, and it often goes unnoticed.... but again....my argument is that during a time when black people usually get that spotlight....this movie ust happens to be dropping.....

the timing of it all added with the way folk are eating it up just screams out to me, and i'm speaking on it

What's funny about this is the same niggas bitchn' bout how it really black people profiting from it, be the same niggas shitting on Tyler Perry.

Perry built his own lil black hollywood in GA, but niggas stay shitting on him cuz he don't make movies you like. Which is cool, but the constant shit he always get is unnecessary, just say it ain't for me and keep it moving.
that's what i ALWAYS say about tyler perry, his shit ain't for me, but his hustle was immaculate, and he should be celebrated in black history month over tchalla

Real quick. there is a film called birth of a nation .. No not that one..

The film that was screened in the white house a fictional racist movie about savage black people with every nasty twisted imagination of the black American negro..this film was highly influential.. and just hearing about what was in the film was enough to help mass produce the perception of black people and the stereotypes that it helped spread..

Films, music,media have power

I see the point you're trying to make, that still doesn't make this movie a special moment for black people lol I'm literally "lol" at niggas really thinking this is something to celebrate

Because TP makes Jesus laden coon flicks.

I see the point you're trying to make, that still doesn't make this movie a special moment for black people lol I'm literally "lol" at niggas really thinking this is something to celebrate
So maybe his wording is what your taking issue with.. i dont see it as a "special moment" per-say but it will havea net positive that special. this will do 3 films and be an inspiration to make even more films with a cast of negros thats projected out to the world at large thats special

Back