Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Marvel's Black Panther movie really a "special moment" for Black America??

Since 2010, there' been at least 100 comic book movies, after a 100 comic book movies these white mfs finally give yall a movie and it's a celebration :lolfoh:

If you think you are American than you have already lost track of your identity. America doesn’t want you to be American that is why when you fill out a form they put African American. You are a descendant of Africans. I don’t care where you were born and grown. You dishonor your ancestors by thinking anything else. What is your identity as an American? Your ancestors where more than slaves that America has taught you that they were.

When you go to any other country even Africa. You are American! You can claim any other country you want. But when the shit hit the fan. They send your ass to the American Embassy. So you can be anybody you want to be here. That is your right as an .........................................American!

@King Du I hate to say it brother but black america will never think the same or have the same view on anything. Damn sure will never identify as the same. Even people with history in America sometimes choose to not identify with it. Look at the southern white people for example. Most can trace their ancestry to Europe but if you ask most of them. Fuck Europe! I am an American.

Then you have alot of black Americans that will get mad at you for calling them Black. Then some that get mad when you call them African american. "I aint from Africa!"

We have never had the same identity, It has always been a chosen few that has fought the battle while the rest watched. It will always be that way. The only identity crisis is the identity of self.

i can agree to many of those points, but that will never stop me from being who i am, and being confident in my identity....

like i don't mind learning about any other culture, but i hate folk trying to tell me what my culture is. like all the shit that happen to us didn't do anything to our people...

you can't pretend that shit didn't happen, and didn't have an impact.. you can't lessen or cheapen that impact, or lessen or cheapen the accomplishments of it's people...

that's fucked up to try to do so....

i hate when people try to diminish that.. but it's whatever... you can't make the world feel how you feel.... but that shit is fuckig wack

When you go to any other country even Africa. You are American! You can claim any other country you want. But when the shit hit the fan. They send your ass to the American Embassy. So you can be anybody you want to be here. That is your right as an .........................................American!
its sad when black people are cultural narcissists.

lol Du, I so often agree with you or think your posts are still great even when I don't

but you ignorant af on this. it's aight tho, because no one is perfect and you are still top notch
sometimes ignorance is bliss...

allow me to think i'm my own person shaped by the experience and the blood spilt by my people in this country.

what does this have to do with Black Panther tho?

is not based on a true story or anything like that. Its about bringing a fictional black comic character to the big screen. That same fictional black character is from the RICHEST nation in that comic universe. Think about that for a sec. You know how many characters are in the Marvel universe? And the country that has the most money, the most technologically advanced, is the one where blacks live.
lot more attractive story than any of the stories we normally tell our people on february... i tell u that much

what does this have to do with Black Panther tho?

is not based on a true story or anything like that. Its about bringing a fictional black comic character to the big screen. That same fictional black character is from the RICHEST nation in that comic universe. Think about that for a sec. You know how many characters are in the Marvel universe? And the country that has the most money, the most technologically advanced, is the one where blacks live.
I’m well aware of Black Panther i used to collect comic books when I was a kid. My point is that anything that’s truly black owned/black made tend to get sabotaged by the media while the black films made by whites don’t get sabotaged that much. And I’m sure there will be some type of white savior at the end of Black Panther.

You should not be offended because you know it is coming from someone who is Rastafari and studied Garvey. So naturally my mindset will always have an Africa focus. But Chinese, Japanese, Italians and plenty of other people don’t disassociate themselves from there ancestors as quickly as some black people do. Why is it somehow better to be a part of a country that enslaved your ancestors than a country that your ancestors came from. I am not a let’s all go back to Africa physically because that is not realistic but I am a let’s look to Africa mentally to understand that we were not all slaves the way this country has taught us. We will never have our own in America so why not focus on something that was/ is ours. Maybe you don’t need it but self esteem changes when you realize what you truely are instead of what they are trying to feed you. Now I know it is only a movie but for some it is the first time they will will see a fictional super hero that looks like them. You can’t tell me that is not good for the black youth.

lol, i'm not wasting my time googling and posting pictures of every example of people littering the internet with their over reaction to this movie....

btu yea feel free to investigate my claims.. it shouldn't take u long
Wait... so you're willing to take the time and post conjecture about people's supposed behavior, but not willing to show us that you're right?

If people will be as ridiculous as you've prophesied, it shouldn't be hard to prove.

We're essentially saying the same thing, I'm not saying Black Panther is bad for blacks, I'm just saying it's not a special moment where we all need to group together and go out to support, cuz all that money is going straight to a white nigga who prolly rapes.
We are but we aint.. i also said everything is not about monetary gain. there is a bigger picture than money.. and that money will come.

Yet you are willing to go out and support tidal just cuz its headed by jigga

0528-jay-z-beyonce-tidal-staff-twitter-3.jpg

sometimes ignorance is bliss...

allow me to think i'm my own person shaped by the experience and the blood spilt by my people in this country.
you can think that but that's still separate from Black History Month. Black History Month =/= Black History Following the Transatlantic Slave Trade. You're making one aspect into the whole thing.

And you hope when you get to the embassy that they view you as an American.

exactly....
like right now.. they judging

"them damn black americans... cultural narcissist they are"

yess...yess we are... we have an identity... u recognize it in your treatment of us, but when we try to identify with it, we're ridiculed for it.....

we are not all the same... different struggles produce different people....

yall struggle made yall, our struggle made us....

this ain't like trading cards, we can't share shit we ain't go thru

yea, many people can.

however many impressionable people tend to only be exposed to what's trending... and the problem with those people is that they're often more louder than most... so ultimately the message that's gonna be more widely spread this february amongst the black community.....will be.....
Black-Panther-600x338.jpg
There are impressionable people of all ages..word to cardi b and nigga biggin up that hoe ..."Doing it for the cultcha" i mean look around and look at what niggas ingest,disseminate and celebrate.. on a daily basis

like this whole post is shitting on black people...

i can 100% guarantee you i would be offended by this if it was said to me in person

this is a disgusting point of view, and 100% confirms my suspicions on how i feel the rest of the world views black people...

thank you again for the confirmation
Was it as insulting and disgusting as to suggest that black people will embrace a fictional country in a comic book movie over the place they were literally born and raised?

We are but we aint.. i also said everything is not about monetary gain. there is a bigger picture than money.. and that money will come.

Yet you are willing to go out and support tidal just cuz its headed by jigga

0528-jay-z-beyonce-tidal-staff-twitter-3.jpg

Don't do that, cuz ignorant mfs will look at that and think it's ether (no pun). That pic was taken right after he acquired the company from russians/norwegians. That was their staff. Since then there's been a LOT of staff changes.

Since 2010, there' been at least 100 comic book movies, after a 100 comic book movies these white mfs finally give yall a movie and it's a celebration :lolfoh:
Yes. It is. Because the imagery is important. Because most kids and some of you adults need black super heroes. Because if one person sees this and it changes their perception of themselves than it was worth it. Greeks watch 300, Troy and Thor and get some enjoyment that they are all strong why is it wrong for us to watch this and feel better about ourselves( collectively).

Yes. It is. Because the imagery is important. Because most kids and some of you adults need black super heroes. Because if one person sees this and it changes their perception of themselves than it was worth it. Greeks watch 300, Troy and Thor and get some enjoyment that they are all strong why is it wrong for us to watch this and feel better about ourselves( collectively).
Pretty much what i was saying in an earlier post.

Back