Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Marvel's Black Panther movie really a "special moment" for Black America??

i think it diminishes black america's struggle during black history month...

niggaz hate themselves so much that they completly will ignore their own culture and will full on adapt a fictional comic book nation.....

niggaz botu to be rocking dashiki's talking bout they from wakanda completely ignoring their ancestors pain, struggle, and progress in america..

black history month is supposed to be about black history....here in america...

not african culture...the african struggle ain't part of who we are today....

niggaz was slaves, and have been trying thir best to make it out of that slave class mentality in a country that is constantly trying to keep you there...

that creates a unique mindset..a mindset that has produced some great minds, and greater accomplishments that have helped all man...

we can't ignore that story a fictional one....or one that is not ours..

but we constantly do it.....

every year it gets worse.....

but this year might be the heaviest blow...

the blackest movie in hollywood that has nothing to do with black american history is coming out i black history month......

:think2:
:smh:

But some CAC said Feb was Black history month. Also a movie depicting Black empowerment be it fictional or not should spark some type of pride in your black brain.

Y'all giving me a headache

i think it diminishes black america's struggle during black history month...

niggaz hate themselves so much that they completly will ignore their own culture and will full on adapt a fictional comic book nation.....

niggaz botu to be rocking dashiki's talking bout they from wakanda completely ignoring their ancestors pain, struggle, and progress in america..

black history month is supposed to be about black history....here in america...

not african culture...the african struggle ain't part of who we are today....

niggaz was slaves, and have been trying thir best to make it out of that slave class mentality in a country that is constantly trying to keep you there...

that creates a unique mindset..a mindset that has produced some great minds, and greater accomplishments that have helped all man...

we can't ignore that story a fictional one....or one that is not ours..

but we constantly do it.....

every year it gets worse.....

but this year might be the heaviest blow...

the blackest movie in hollywood that has nothing to do with black american history is coming out i black history month......

:think2:
Black History Month isn't just about Black American Diaspora History. When it's taught abroad and in schools with exhaustive curriculums, they look at African history, the Islands, the black diaspora in the Arab slave trade, and black folks in Europe too. Restricting it to the slave narrative doesn't help. There's room for all of it to be acknowledged.

Creating our own companies to distribute our movies, music, etc. That's why I support Tidal as strong as I do and cringe when niggas say they rock with apple/spotify over tidal, when tidal gives u more and is black owned.

This is the streaming age, that's why Netflix is dominating the way it is. If we supported Tidal like we should, it could potentially be the next Netflix, but we don't support our people.

From the 31:30 mark to about the 35min mark is what i'm trying to say

It's about changing our mindstate and raising the bar.

How do you expect us to get to the level of owning production company and movie studios if we don't support them in the way up. It doesn't just happen over night, they have to build towards that, this is building. Supporting black cast and directors is never a bad thing

How do you expect us to get to the level of owning production company and movie studios if we don't support them in the way up. It doesn't just happen over night, they have to build towards that, this is building. Supporting black cast and directors is never a bad thing

Tyler Perry has that, but niggas clown the nigga 24/7 which ultimately brings US down. Will smith has a production company so we gotta support his shit. There's others I can't think of off the top of my head, but it's there, but we don't support each other.

@King Du I see a lot of contradictions in your post...

You know numerous Black American actors have played African characters or personalities on screen right? Does that make them less 'American'?
that's not a contradiction....

my argument is the obsession with african culture......

not the employment of african actors.......from that standpoint, sure, BP is great for the actors involved..i wouldn't' expect any different...that's a given......

but the imagery being presented is an african culture....that is over shadowing black history in accomplishments...

our most powerful black figure for february 2018 will not be MLK or Malcolm X or even Barack Obama......the most powerful black figure of 2018 is T'Challa of Wakanda...

Tyler Perry has that, but niggas clown the nigga 24/7 which ultimately brings US down. Will smith has a production company so we gotta support his shit. There's others I can't think of off the top of my head, but it's there, but we don't support each other.
That nigga makes trash shit generally though.. im not gonna support some shit that trash just cause the nigga is a nigga..i rock with a handful of his movies.. but most of his shit it garbage He needs to diversify

not the employment of african actors.......from that standpoint, sure, BP is great for the actors involved..i wouldn't' expect any different...that's a given......

but the imagery being presented is an african culture....that is over shadowing black history in accomplishments...

our most powerful black figure for february 2018 will not be MLK or Malcolm X or even Barack Obama......the most powerful black figure of 2018 is T'Challa of Wakanda...

Black history doenst have to be relegated to a month you dont have to fall into that trap.. i mean on that point there were many more men and women than the top 5 we hear about all the time there are thousands of nameless folk who lived/died fought/thrived in our quest.. thats another thing.... We exist out side of February

Last edited:
lol @ hill i'm willing to die on.....

bruh, folk wearing dashikis to an unknown african region during black history month is irony at it's finest.....

niggaz will proudl claim wakanda over south side chicago for the next few months, and be dead serious.....

and tell me what exactly that does for south side chicago?

tell little kids they can be make believe african princes one day if they believe?

We had a african movie coming up... it was called coming to america.. it was hilarious....but it was a comedy.....
that shit ain't inspire shit but mad jokes and quotables....

niggaz really talkign bout taking off work, taking their kids outta school for this movie bruh......like this shit the million man march.....

Do you know anyone personally doing this?

I'm really failing to see what point you are trying to make.

It's less about supporting jay the musician and more about supporting the company fam
I still stand by my post, but if their library of music is similar to Google's, I would be willing to give a trial run.

It was Black history week that he we wanted because of Fredrick Douglas and that ass clown Abe Lincoln bday. President Ford actually declared it a month in the 70's
look cain, i know you was right there in the room arguing with these nigga all wisdom eternal n shit...

but let us young dumb ignorant niggaz beleive that feburary is the one time of the year when all we talk about is how great black people in america are all month long while white people get frustrated and irritated as fuck,.,....

i look forward tot his shit...

i love hearing about black accomplishments on the radio every morning, on the tv every day, in all my new feeds...

that shit makes me as a black man..... feel good..

and i know yall don't give a fuck about my feelings.. btu fuck it i do...

i just think it's fucked up that instead of that black pride high i get every february for black history month.... it's gonna be dominated by this movie...which i may or may not see pending on my convenience...

no it isn't. do you know how often films about Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, or the transatlantic slave trade are shown all over the world? Folks don't say American History is overshadowing their black history.

one film aint overshadowing shit. you are reaching fam.
I never agree with this nigga but she's right

Bretheren why are you so caught up in being American. You do realize all 2 of the three are descendants of African slaves and one is a direct descendant of an African man. Black Culture is African Culture. Why are we the only ones that try to separate our culture based on geography and how far we are removed from our homeland. This country tells you that you are not an American so why not be proud of your actual culture.

That nigga makes trash shit generally though.. im not gonna support some shit that trash just cause the nigga is a nigga..i rock with a handful of his movies.. but most of his shit it garbage He needs to diversify

I agree, I don't rock with most of his movies but I still try to support the brotha when I can or any type of black business, especially on that level. Tidal has the potential to be incredibly big, we gotta support that. I'm still not sure how much of Revolt Diddy truly owns, so I'm not championing it as hard until I know for sure, but if he does own the majority of it, I'll definitely start supporting and promoting it more.

lol I just read what the thread title is, that was never the debate fam @AP21 . It's definitely not BAD for black america, but it's not a "special moment" either.

Back