Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Marvel's Black Panther movie really a "special moment" for Black America??

Black owned ain't to be celebrated if it causes harm overall to the community.

The majority of his flicks have created interpersonal issues between Black men and women. If a Black woman you've just met is a TP fan, down to his TV shows, particularly the joints on OWN, and you happen to even remotely fit the mold of one of his characters, then she's already got an idea of who you are based on his output. People that flock to TP movies are very easily influenced by that kind of shit and it fucks with the community at large.

Give you an example: a lot of white collar Black men caught a lot of flack behind "Diary of a Mad Black Woman". Where professional, non-church going Black men were suddenly looked upon with scorn (granted, blue collar niggas got a boost so there's that). "For Colored Girls" was just all the way fucked up for Black men and "Precious" with it's AIDS infected incestuous rapist father damned sure didn't help (TP produced this flick and his name was heavily attached to it during promotions).

Fuck TP.

Precious and For Colored Girls were both book written by black women for black women. I know we dont like to believe black men dont treat black women bad and we get mad when they tell their stories of bad treatment from black men. But thats weak. Im going off on a tangent but only reason niggas got upset about those movies is because we didnt want to discuss it

Ok so I just saw this in Facebook and I plan on following this shit too...

I don't know this person well enough to troll then for real... They might catch feelings and I don't have time for that shitView attachment 23971
At least four other people had no idea this was a comic book movie. They thought it was about the movement.

Precious and For Colored Girls were both book written by black women for black women. I know we dont like to believe black men dont treat black women bad and we get mad when they tell their stories of bad treatment from black men. But thats weak. Im going off on a tangent but only reason niggas got upset about those movies is because we didnt want to discuss it

That shit could have been left at just books.

But, let's be real here. If we gonna show all that shit towards Black men, where's the movie about the exact same shit with the sexes reversed? Where's the incestuous rapist mother that has had two children by her own son? Where's the movie about 9 men interconnected going through the shit with their Black women? Where's the movie about the Black man that held his Black woman down through everything only to have her wind up pregnant by some latin chico rico suave, kicking the bruh to the curb?

They don't exist, and they never will.

If there's one thing Hollywood and honkies love, it's a movie shittin' on a Black man, that's why Tyler Perry got his shit going in the first place. There's white money in his movies, best believe, and he's only allowed to exist 'cause his coon flicks are puttin bread in honkies hands and causing a rift in Black relationships.

How is showing a fully black cast, black director and giving younger people a positive image a bad thing?

Niggas rather see a fuck nigga Tupac movie but not a movie that's basically Black Wall Street with superheroes?
you always what to talk down on pac fuck boi

so people in here using facebook as gauge of people's knowledge about this film?

No nigga. You should ask yourself why you always in Pac threads talking shit. That isn't healthy bro get some help. You still mad the he went a biggie let it go funk flex jr
Nah, not it all nigga. Fuck out your feelings b. Look in the mirror family, you're caping for a rapper

You tripping. We not about to deny 400 years of culture language and customs because some honkeys and their views say we aint like them. Thats disrespectful. Also saying we are American is not denying African identity. If you go to.another country talking like we do acting like we do everybody will see an American.
With this logic your traditions started when we were brought here. Instead of the ones that started over 2000 years ago.

Wee-Bey-Shrug.gif

Nah, not it all nigga. Fuck out your feelings b. Look in the mirror family, you're caping for a rapper
You randomly brung up Pac in a thread that didn't have anything to do with the rapper lol. You're obsessed and not capping just point out what I've seen from you. Anyway, back to the original topic

Ain't nothing wrong with shit like that. It just seems like the only story that black women have to tell be it through movies or music is about how bad black men are. Black men have bad experiences by black women too, but we can talk about other parts of life than experiences with fucked up females.

Most black people don't "celebrate" those shits.....we use them
everything is cup for review with black folk......we don't know who we are or who we wanna be going forward..

every holiday, custom, religion, ,everything is brought to the table and it's relevancy is determines...

like i said, we have an identity crisis....

niggaz actually gave a fuck about movies and the messages they portrayed when they came out.....like they really felt this was a story that needed to be told...

then like typical niggaz they use those same images and shit on them now and say they're tired of our people being portrayed like that....

like niggaz will sit here and argue over which movie is MORE CLASSIC between new jack city, boyz in the hood, or menace to society......

then turn right the fuck around and say they're tired of seeing it on the tv screen...

niggaz.....fucking idntity crisis....

we all repping wakanda from here on out so it's all good......

imma start talking with a fake wakandian accent... imma see who calls me out first....

everything is cup for review with black folk......we don't know who we are or who we wanna be going forward..

every holiday, custom, religion, ,everything is brought to the table and it's relevancy is determines...

like i said, we have an identity crisis....

niggaz actually gave a fuck about movies and the messages they portrayed when they came out.....like they really felt this was a story that needed to be told...

then like typical niggaz they use those same images and shit on them now and say they're tired of our people being portrayed like that....

like niggaz will sit here and argue over which movie is MORE CLASSIC between new jack city, boyz in the hood, or menace to society......

then turn right the fuck around and say they're tired of seeing it on the tv screen...

niggaz.....fucking idntity crisis....

we all repping wakanda from here on out so it's all good......

imma start talking with a fake wakandian accent... imma see who calls me out first....

thats not happening at all

all people are saying is that there are more images of black people than those ones depicted in those movies

so you have an issue with Disney's Frog Princess b/c it portrays a black princess?

Something positive for lil black girls to feel like they can look up to?

Back