Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Kamala Harris The Best Candidate For Black People?

It’s just aggravating that every time a valid question is posed about Kamala, some flimsy counter attack gets launched. It’s like she got her own iron dome on ABW.

You imagined a group of people and their hypothetical reaction in your head…that’s a reach if I ever saw one
It’s not this deep. If I had issues with people having criticisms of Kamala I would have launched these same narratives at @Inori and others I know are asking in good faith. To the contrary, I agreed with them on wanting to see a platform and on her doing more interviews even.

On the flip side, people that take your position just want to seem unbiased so they over correct and ignore the intentions of her detractors. In extreme cases they even act like Trump and Kamala are equally unqualified for the Presidency.

It’s not this deep. If I had issues with people having criticisms of Kamala I would have launched these same narratives at @Inori and others I know are asking in good faith. To the contrary, I agreed with them on wanting to see a platform and on her doing more interviews even.

On the flip side, people that take your position just want to seem unbiased so they over correct and ignore the intentions of her detractors. In extreme cases they even act like Trump and Kamala are equally unqualified for the Presidency.
You can’t pretend you didn’t use your imagination for no reason at all lmao…total non sequitur

You can’t pretend you didn’t use your imagination for no reason at all lmao…total non sequitur
Ok, I didn’t want to get his far into it, but I’ll play.

Here’s the video in question:

In the video, number one she says Kamala isn’t black. Red flag off gate. She also mispronounced Kamala’s name, but I can overlook that as maybe an honest mistake.

Number two, she says she wants to know what Kamala’s plans are around hate crimes, universal healthcare, gas prices, etc. We know Kamala supported the George Floyd Act. We know she wants to strengthen and expand the ACA. We know she’s targeting corporations for price gouging. We know she’s increasing the child tax credit to $6k in the first year after birth, giving $25k down payment assistance to first time homebuyers, and $50k assistance to small business startups.

Number three, this video was posted 17 hours ago, after Kamala released these plans. Let’s say for the sake of argument, it was made before the plans were released. There hasn’t been any videos to acknowledge now there are plans, whether they agree with them or not.

So now that you know the context with which I was making my argument, is it still a non-sequitir? Was I using my imagination or was I drawing a conclusion based on my observations listed?

Ok, I didn’t want to get his far into it, but I’ll play.

Here’s the video in question:

In the video, number one she says Kamala isn’t black. Red flag off gate. She also mispronounced Kamala’s name, but I can overlook that as maybe an honest mistake.

Number two, she says she wants to know what Kamala’s plans are around hate crimes, universal healthcare, gas prices, etc. We know Kamala supported the George Floyd Act. We know she wants to strengthen and expand the ACA. We know she’s targeting corporations for price gouging. We know she’s increasing the child tax credit to $6k in the first year after birth, giving $25k down payment assistance to first time homebuyers, and $50k assistance to small business startups.

Number three, this video was posted 17 hours ago, after Kamala released these plans. Let’s say for the sake of argument, it was made before the plans were released. There hasn’t been any videos to acknowledge now there are plans, whether they agree with them or not.

So now that you know the context with which I was making my argument, is it still a non-sequitir? Was I using my imagination or was I drawing a conclusion based on my observations listed?

Cool, not a non sequitur, but we shouldn’t let one immovable faction prevent us from pushing Kamala to do better

Discourse like that actually reassures her camp that she doesn’t need to expound on her plans

Home Ownership - I know it mentions something about first-time and/or first generation homeowners. Im assuming/hoping that will be based on income. Im sure theres plenty rich folks out there that havent owned their a home yet.. I think if you make or have over a certain amount you shouldn't be eligible. That being said getting up to 25k for a down payment is HUGE. Theres plenty folks out there that are paying alot in rent, which could damn well be a mortgage on their own home but they just might not have enough to make that initial commitment or down payment.

That can be tricky because how do you define what rich is. Different states have different costs of living. The amount of money you make and the housing costs in Cali is different than in Alabama. A family making 500K in Birmingham doesn't really need help getting a house. A family making that same amount in Los Angeles might need a little help depending on their housing needs.

That can be tricky because how do you define what rich is. Different states have different costs of living. The amount of money you make and the housing costs in Cali is different than in Alabama. A family making 500K in Birmingham doesn't really need help getting a house. A family making that same amount in Los Angeles might need a little help depending on their housing needs.
From prior initiatives, they usually cap this sort of stuff based on income. Like for the tax credits, she’s mentioned anyone making under $400k. I’d expect something similar for the housing credits as well.

So i looked through her plan/platform and had a couple notes

Tax Cuts - It mentions cuts for middle class and working class families but I didnt see anything about how either of those was defined. Whats the number for middle class.. whats the number for working class that will be eligible for these tax cuts?

Home Ownership - I know it mentions something about first-time and/or first generation homeowners. Im assuming/hoping that will be based on income. Im sure theres plenty rich folks out there that havent owned their a home yet.. I think if you make or have over a certain amount you shouldn't be eligible. That being said getting up to 25k for a down payment is HUGE. Theres plenty folks out there that are paying alot in rent, which could damn well be a mortgage on their own home but they just might not have enough to make that initial commitment or down payment.

Healthcare - Im all for getting the cost of healthcare down. No reason the US should be paying more than damn near everywhere else in the world for it. Cancelling medical debt seems like a huge undertaking.. would be dope if they can get that done.. just like student loan debt.

Minimum Wage - this one stood out to me

I wonder what that looks like and how that would be managed. I been said folks relying on tips to make a living is ASS. Pay them folks a living wage and if the service is good people can still tip if they choose to.

Herb - saw no mention of legalization or releasing non-violent drug offenders.. I say this every election but that seems to be such an easy fuckin layup that no one ever decides to take. BOOO

This one still has me puzzled. 1st generation homeowners who will be essential 1st time homeowners, that qualifying marker is mainly for immigrants, (imo) no doubt about it. But here's the thing I wanna ask, if homes are NOW starting at around 200k plus, I don't know too many upkept homes and new homes that are under 100k or mid 100k, what income will these illegal immigrants or legal immigrants have to bring to the banks/lenders, because it's not like they are making big bank, if I would guess many are being paid by the pennies, thus them having all of the jobs. but what income range will they have to bring to the banks/lenders?? Most if not all lenders want to see your paystubs, they want to see if you have been on a job for x amount of time and most important, they want to see credit scores which many undocumented and documented immigrants don't have. Debt to income ratio will be need on the personal asset/liability sheet.

If these folks will be 1st time homeowners and 1st generation, where are they staying now?? Are we talking about the Venulaz gang folks etc? and how much income are they making, where are most of your illegal immigrants and legal immigrants currently residing and are they paying high ass rent or using vouchers?
If they are using vouchers, or hell paying high ass rent, how will they afford a 200k mortgage, with utilites on the income that they are making NOW?

1st time home buyer programs usually have a income marker that one has to meet or both parties if married in some cases.
Tax Returns will be elevated.

With the income, I asked this because current, I know a few guys who have roofing businesses and all they hire are illegal immigrants and pay them pennies.
A 15k job, buddy of mines clearing 9k - 10k after he pays for materials and his workers and he has about 30-40 workers on a job.

Are they going to bend the rules?

Last edited:
This one still has me puzzled. 1st generation homeowners who will be essential 1st time homeowners, that qualifying marker is mainly for immigrants, (imo) no doubt about it. But here's the thing I wanna ask, if homes are NOW starting at around 200k plus, I don't know too many upkept homes and new homes that are under 100k or mid 100k, what income will these illegal immigrants or legal immigrants have to bring to the banks/lenders, because it's not like they are making big bank, if I would guess many are being paid by the pennies, thus them having all of the jobs. but what income range will they have to bring to the banks/lenders?? Most if not all lenders want to see your paystubs, they want to see if you have been on a job for x amount of time and most important, they want to see credit scores which many undocumented and documented immigrants don't have. Debt to income ratio will be need on the personal asset/liability sheet.

1st time home buyer programs usually have a income marker that one has to meet or both parties if married in some cases.

With the income, I asked this because current, I know a few guys who have roofing businesses and all they hire are illegal immigrants and pay them pennies.
A 15k job, buddy of mines clearing 9k - 10k after he pays for materials and his workers and he has about 30-40 workers on a job.

Edit: I started to address the point related to first time homebuyers, but I see you were referencing first generation homebuyers.

I’d venture to say there’s a lot of black people that are first generation homebuyers. I was one for my family. My grandparents and my dad always rented. I don’t know about anyone prior to that.

Now that I think about it, how would that even be determined for people who’s lineage in the US goes back generations.

Edit: I started to address the point related to first time homebuyers, but I see you were referencing first generation homebuyers.

Go head and address it. I am confused on that one as well. I was curious to know, how will banks/lenders lend to folks who income/debt ratio is not up to par that are trying to get a 200k -250k house? Especially if the FEDS are not bringing down interest rate any time soon, I think they were talking about dropping them down last week or 2 weeks ago, I'm not sure if they moved the needle.

I say that range because imo, there's no such thing as 'starter' homes anymore where you can cop one at 135k in a 'decent' neighborhood. Moving out of an apartment, I don't think a 1st time home buyer wants to move into the hood or somewhere not better or equal to the area that they are currently living in

I’d venture to say there’s a lot of black people that are first generation homebuyers. I was one for my family. My grandparents and my dad always rented. I don’t know about anyone prior to that.

Now that I think about it, how would that even be determined for people who’s lineage in the US goes back generations.

imo, by definition, you can't be a 1st gen homebuyer if your parents or grandparents have already owned a home, that's why I was saying that marker targets immigrants, illegal and legal more than it does a regular US citizen

If these folks will be 1st time homeowners and 1st generation, where are they staying now?? Are we talking about the Venulaz gang folks etc? and how much income are they making, where are most of your illegal immigrants and legal immigrants currently residing and are they paying high ass rent or using vouchers?
If they are using vouchers, or hell paying high ass rent, how will they afford a 200k mortgage, with utilites on the income that they are making NOW?

why are we assuming 1st generation is aimed at immigrants?

Also, not all immigrants are getting pennies or working under the table. The ones you are referring to likely wouldnt be eligible

why are we assuming 1st generation is aimed at immigrants?

Also, not all immigrants are getting pennies or working under the table. The ones you are referring to likely wouldnt be eligible

I assume it by just asking would an illegal immigrant family tree start in the US, and if so, would they own a home? Do they have a mortgage

I don't think they have grandparents currently living in the US or parents (I could be wrong) but If I would guess that majority of them don't have a family tree that starts in the US.

Illegal and Legal Immigrants, if you would to guess, are they making over 40k-50k in the US, legally?? if so, what positions do they occupy?

What employer is paying an illegal immigrant 50k or more? or legal.

Most employers imo look at them as cheap labor

Also, just to add on the question from my other post, could they afford a 200k home on 1 salary "Do you think the illegal immigrant women and legal immigrant women are making big money over 40k? Again, I say this because most home in a decent area are pricing at this price

Most are servers and hotel workers imo

I assume it by just asking would an illegal immigrant family tree start in the US, and if so, would they own a home? Do they have a mortgage

I don't think they have grandparents currently living in the US or parents (I could be wrong) but If I would guess that majority of them don't have a family tree that starts in the US.

Illegal and Legal Immigrants, if you would to guess, are they making over 40k-50k in the US, legally?? if so, what positions do they occupy?

What employer is paying an illegal immigrant 50k or more? or legal.

Most employers imo look at them as cheap labor

Also, just to add on the question from my other post, could they afford a 200k home on 1 salary "Do you think the illegal immigrant women and legal immigrant women are making big money over 40k? Again, I say this because most home in a decent area are pricing at this price

Most are servers and hotel workers imo

I cant speak on illegal immigrants but why WOULDNT someone hire a legal immigrant? Legal immigrants get good paying jobs all the time. Not every immigrant, legal or illegal is a farm worker or something like that.

Lawyers, doctors, engineers, programmers etc.

My line of thought was those who were coming here, and those who have become legal.

Born here in the US by legal immigrants' parents are the ones I would put into Inori category

My line of thought was those who were coming here, and those who have become legal.

Born here in the US by legal immigrants' parents are the ones I would put into Inori category

Many immigrants come on a school or work visa and then get their citizenship from there as well. If they dont have family here im assuming they would count as first-generation and could be eligible

Many immigrants come on a school or work visa and then get their citizenship from there as well. If they dont have family here im assuming they would count as first-generation and could be eligible

Agree, that's why I said that that program is marker towards immigrants.

Crazy thing about this whole situation is that a white woman lied about being raped by a black man which sparked this whole thing. Black women or black men wasn't on that time in those days... aborting

Norma McCorvey, lied and said she was raped by a black man and her friends told her to get an abortion

The Roe vs Wade case in 1973 was built on a lie, on the back of a black man being lied on by a white woman and white women

Norma McCorvey later on her death bed said she lied about the whole thing and was paid to be a prop and push up mess in the media, said this in her book that she was paid to do this and keep it going.

All immigrants that are here aren't strawberry pickers or stand at home Depot waiting to get picked up for a chance to work for the day
Bruh I’ve never once in my life raised a complaint in direction of an immigrant. Not for anything. I know I’m not the standard, but still. What does an immigrant have to do with me? Like I’m not sure exactly how so many ppl got lured into even making it such an issue. I get the borders can use some tightening up for different reasons. But People want to complain about certain benefits of ppl who migrated legally like temporary housing, protected status or whatever, and to the ones complaining my response is always like, “And, what?? Tough break, brah”.

Last edited:
Back